Soup recommendations

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Soup recommendations

Postby Tiffany38 » April 3rd, 2007, 8:14 am

My dr. did say I could have a soup packet in place of a shake packet -- are these worth investing in? Is one better than another? (i.e., chicken noodle versus chili, etc.).

I'm just thinking down the road -- I don't want to interchange anything just yet until I'm a few weeks into program. Maybe I will do the soups first before going to the 5-1 plan -- just to get used to controlling my eating, etc.

Thanks!
Tiffany38

Postby Seaside » April 3rd, 2007, 8:31 am

I occasionally get tired of the shakes and want something a little more substantial and not sweet. I like the chicken noodle soup and the chili, though the chili needs to be doctored a bit to make it better. I'm not a fan of the thick "cream" soups but you might like them.

You might try trading for a few packets so you can try them out. There are a lot of recipes for doctoring the chili.
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby nickieluv » April 3rd, 2007, 9:19 am

I think the best soups are the beef vegetable stew and the chicken and wild rice. But it's all a matter of taste - unfortunately, you just have to try them and see. Seaside had a good idea - try trading some shakes for soups here on the Swap&Shop board so you can taste them before ordering a whole box of something you might hate.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 3rd, 2007, 9:37 am

I got tired of all the soups and even though I had nothing but shakes and pudding in HK, I am doing nothing but shakes and an occasional oatmeal right now. I have some soups if the mood strikes but I am just kind of in a phase.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Mike » April 3rd, 2007, 9:49 am

I love the soups, puddings, hot cocoa, etc. Got tired of the shakes. The scrambled eggs and the oatmeals are actually the best products IMHO. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Tiffany38 » April 3rd, 2007, 1:42 pm

Good ideas, thanks! I think for now, I'm going to stick with the shakes and then later on if I feel the urge to "cheat" or something, I will get a box of soup to have on hand and that can be a "cheat". It's all a mental thing for me

I also need to visit the recipe section and work on getting some variety. So far, I only purchased the vanilla and dutch chocolate. I don't like strawberry or orange flavored stuff so I'm gonig to have to get creative soon!
Tiffany38

Return to Come on in.