"Sorta" Meatloaf

Add your favorite recipes.

"Sorta" Meatloaf

Postby Lulie » April 21st, 2006, 11:17 pm

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to post something I tried that was pretty good. It may already be posted, I apologize if so.

I took my 5 oz lean beef patty and cooked it as usual. (I add Mrs. Dash, garlic pwd, pepper, cayenne, etc. I use no salt on it) I fry it in water and just keep watching it so it doesn't go dry.

Then I mixed 2 tsp ketchup with approx. 1tsp of splenda and a few shots of hickory liquid smoke to make the bbq sauce. Pour the sauce on top of burger and added a few fresh chopped onions, and baked in oven 5-10 minutes until sauce is bubbly. Wala! Almost meatloaf. Actually, I really liked it. And I usually make my own bbq sauce even before Medifast, so it wasn't to hard to figure out replacing sugar with splenda, etc.

Next time I may add a few fresh chopped onions to the burger before cooking it. I just deduct the onions from my veggie portion.

Hope some of you enjoy this as much as I did.
Start 4/11/06
225/164

If God is leading, I am following.

"I ate myself into this mess, now I gotta starve my way out!"
Lulie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Shana » April 22nd, 2006, 9:42 am

Hey Lulie!
The recipe sounds great, but remember, it's 5oz COOKED lean beef, so you're not having enough if your recipe is 5oz raw - just add a tad more & weigh it before you put it in the oven with the sauce & enjoy!

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine