SOOO DISAPPOINTED!!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

SOOO DISAPPOINTED!!!!

Postby Guest » January 29th, 2005, 8:11 am

I spent most of the day yesterday in the emergency room. Here in NY the weather with the windchill factor was at -12 degrees. Although, I was wearing very good boots, I slipped and fell and it cause one heck of a painful and swollen ankle. I am telling you, it looks as though my ankles had the mumps. But, the worst thing is that it hurts so much that I can barely walk around (not even to the bathroom). The doctor placed my foot upto my lower calf in a cast since the xrays showed a slight bone fracture. I have to go to back for a medical follow-up vist so see how my ankle progress. This cast weighs like a tank off to me.

I was so motivated and doing well and now I have to be laid up with my leg in a cast for the next few weeks. I cannot exercise since I am in so much pain. I feel so down and depress that I will not be able to continue my mission during this moment and I know I would have made it although the weigh loss was subtle. I was workout out, doing my exercises, drinking my Medifast and eating my lean and green meal everyday.

:x I just did not see that the street where I was walking was frozen solid and worst yet, I fell between the curbs hence the ankle twisted and cracked the bone. I had my mind occupied that it was so cold that with a heavy scarf covering my face, the frigid cold air was cutting my face. It was really cold yesterday and don't know how to deal with the interruption in my mission :dooh:

Postby Nite Izes » January 29th, 2005, 8:14 am

I am so out of it, I forgot to log in and let everyone know that it is me who wrote the above and this unfortunate episode happened to me.
(303)285/208/140
start date: 3/27/04
BMI=55.4 New BMI= 38.0
WT Loss= -95/-77
GOALS
√ 1st goal= 250 BMI= 45.7
√ 2nd goal=219 BMI= 39.9
3rd goal = 191 BMI= 34.9
4th goal = 163 BMI= 29.8
5th goal = 140 BMI= 25.6
Nite Izes
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 29th, 2005, 8:56 am

Sorry Nite,
Get well soon.
Just wanted to let you know that Nancy did about 0 exercise most her Medifast journey.

Stick with the plan and you may be surprised how well you do.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby RavenKat2 » January 29th, 2005, 3:42 pm

Owie! You poor thing!!!

Life comes along for all of us, scrapping our best laid plans. I'm sure you'll be okay without exercise - and maybe hefting that 30 pound thing around will work out your one leg! ;) I'm sure once the initial pain lightens up, so will your mood. Hang in there!!!

Kat
RavenKat2
(259)245/207/165

*new id for inspiration*
RavenKat2
Trusted Member

Postby 24KaratGold » January 29th, 2005, 4:48 pm

Oh jeez, what a bummer. I'm sorry to hear about you being hurt, and am just glad it was no worse.
24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby bk » January 29th, 2005, 6:46 pm

nite - it is not an interruption, only a little speed bump, and having read some of your posts, i know you have the will power to get through it!

just stick with it and be sure to give that ankle time to heal. i know you can make it!

bk
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nite Izes » January 30th, 2005, 6:25 am

Thanks to all for your inspirating words of support. I just hope that I can still see a weight loss, although I presently being held hostage as a couch potato, since I cannot move about and have pain that shoots up and down my leg to the bottom of my foot as I get up and walk when needed, ouch. This kills the moment to getting into my new exercise routine that was set for the month, phooey.

:dancinguy::dance: <--- guess none of this for awhile
(303)285/208/140
start date: 3/27/04
BMI=55.4 New BMI= 38.0
WT Loss= -95/-77
GOALS
√ 1st goal= 250 BMI= 45.7
√ 2nd goal=219 BMI= 39.9
3rd goal = 191 BMI= 34.9
4th goal = 163 BMI= 29.8
5th goal = 140 BMI= 25.6
Nite Izes
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MamaD » January 31st, 2005, 4:27 am

Hi Nite,
Sorry to hear about your leg...but you know, if the Leopard chick can skinny down to a size little in leather with no exercise you can too. If anything that pain in your ankle should be a reminder to why you are shedding the flab to begin with. Everything is easier without the excess us. My daughter had to have unexpected knee surgery this week. This is our third time so we are hoping that this is the charm...but she was telling me how much more difficult this whole round has been. I was trying to figure out what was different about this trek for her from the last time and I figured it out. Last two times she had the surgery she was rowing,...thus about 20 pounds thinnier. She is not fat by any stretch of the imagination...however...20 pounds is a lot extra to carry around on crutches.

I am doing a redo as of today. I did good for 2 weeks, and fell off the train somewhere between thinsville and disaster... By the end of week 2 I noticed a bit difference in how I felt. I am doing this to feel better, looking better, especially at 50, is a plus....however I just really wanna feel better.

So, good luck to the leg...keep packing it in ice...gulp massive quantities of the chicken and wild rice soup...don't get off the track!!!
MamaD
Trusted Member

Return to The Weight Room