Sojourner

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Sojourner » October 26th, 2006, 10:40 am

Mid-terms. Ugh. Crazy time for me right now, y'all! However, I just aced an exam, well almost...98%. WooHoo!! Of course, it was in Drugs & Behaviors, which I apparently know a lot about! LOL. Actually, the only illicit drug I've ever used was pot when I was in and just out of high school nearly 30 years ago. But my dad was a pentecostal minister, so isn't that some kind of law or something? PKs must smoke pot. :twisted: Yeah, I think it's in the CA penal code somewhere--? Anyhoo...I don't know why I'm telling you all this, I swear, my brain is fried. ;)

Here's some perfect timing, though--my niece is getting married in Jan, but we're throwing a girls' weekend/bridal shower for her now to avoid the holiday craziness. My MIL, two SILs and their three 20-something daughters have rented a condo in Monterey for the weekend. My ILs rock, so I'm looking forward to a great weekend! We leave tomorrow a.m., and it'll be really nice to decrompress a little. Whew. Then I have another mid-term on Mon, but that's in Sign Language, and my niece (the bride-to-be) is in the class with me and we've pledged to practice as much as we can during the weekend! That should be fun, huh?

Speaking of the wedding...back in July, when I first started MFing, I bought a dress to wear to this wedding--in a size 8! Talk about optimistic!! When I first got the dress (it has a really cinched waist), I could not zip it up at all. I tried it on last night and, while it's still extremely tight, DH was able to zip it up all the way!!! Yeah, I had to totally suck it up and could scarcely breathe, but that baby was ON and fully zippered. I would've jumped up and down, but I was afraid I'd bust out the seams, or rupture some internal organs or something!! So, yeah, with nearly 3 months to go, I'm thinking I just might have to have it taken in a little. Mad optimism strikes again, LOL.
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » October 26th, 2006, 11:09 am

Congrats on the exam, the weekend sounds great and that's AWESOME about the dress!!! You probably WILL need to take it in, but even if it just fits by then, how great would that be??
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby kmr » October 26th, 2006, 11:12 am

That is so :cool: Sojourner. Great NSV! Isn't it great having cool in-laws? :kool: I love my in-laws! :hug: They're the best in my eyes! Have a great weekend and enjoy yourself. You deserve it! :D
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Sojourner » December 7th, 2006, 2:42 pm

I've posted this here from the What's Shakin' thread about me being MIA:

Wow, a thread about me being missed--I feel so special--even if y'all called me a smartass and a scamp! Actually, because of it! Muahaha!!

Well, I AM alive and kicking, but that's about it! I'm SO sorry that I've not been able to hit the boards lately. School is keeping me pretty busy, as is family life, but mostly I've had massive computer AND internet problems...just in time for Finals. Yikes!

I really, really, REALLY miss everyone. I'm still on program, but have not lost anything for weeks. In fact, I'm bouncing up and down from 170 to 175 or so. Never below 170 so that I can claim my 50# club...which I would SO do!! Very frustrating. I know it's a combination of sleep deprivation and my eating schedule being so out of whack. Plus, plateaus just happen, right? This semester is over next week, and after that I'm hoping to sort out my schedule so that it's more Medi-friendly. It's also very difficult to get all my water in when I'm in class all day...I can't keep running to the restroom every 15 minutes like I do at home! But, I'm still on the wagon, I'm just kind of hanging onto the running boards right now.

I do try to pop in and read some posts every chance I get, but it's been pretty infrequent. Hopefully I'll be able to post a longer message this weekend.

I feel horrible that I've missed some very important milestones for everyone. Please know that I'm thinking of each and every one of you (not gonna' name names this time...I done learnt my lesson there!), and am SO proud of all of your accomplishments. As I said, I've been trying to read some posts, so I'm not up-to-snuff with what everyone has been doing...so forgive me for not acknowledging you if you've reached a milestone or goal.

Ok, I lied...I have to give a shout out to my soul sister Jo. You are awesome, as everyone knows! I'm so happy for you, you have no idea! I yelped out loud (like, REALLY loud!) in computer lab when I read that you'd reached goal! Everyone was staring at me as I sat there with a big ol' goofy grin plastered on my face! YOU ROCK!!!

Thanks to everyone for your concern! I'll be back soon with all my irreverant comments and snide remarks! It sounds like Bikipatra has been filling in for me though! Girrrrrrl.....you are hysterical! I look forward to getting to know you in the very near future! Keep up the great work everyone!

Con mucho amor!
Sandy
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Sojourner » December 7th, 2006, 6:39 pm

Well, I said that I hoped to post this weekend but I have some time right now, and since my computer and DSL issues have been resolved I can just log on and post. It’s amazing how much is taken for granted. It’s wonderful to just be able to sit at my computer at home and log on any ol’ time I so desire. I had to have a new modem, router, and power supply for my pc and wireless and a new battery for my laptop. All went out one at a time, one right after another. Boy, am I ever glad that mess is over with – for realz.

Speaking of messes…I just completed the most difficult class I’ve ever had to take – even more difficult than Statistics. It's a 4-unit class, Psyc 3000 Experimental Methods & Design, but it should seriously be at least 6! It's a pre-req for almost everything else, so skipping it is not an option. This is one of those so-tough-that-you-dread-going-to-class-all-semester types of courses, y’know? Then, right at the end here, we had FIVE computer labs/projects/research papers/quizzes due or to be done yesterday. I was at school from 7:15 a.m. to 8 p.m. Crazy busy all damn day. There is no Final Exam in this class, but there is a final project. However, one could opt to not do the final project if you were happy with what your grade was without it. Also, we were allowed to drop our lowest score of the semester, so you could choose to not do the final project, take a zero grade, and then drop that grade. The professor had tallied up everyone’s score (including the 5 things from yesterday) and posted them online so that we could each determine how many points we needed to get a B, or an A, or whatever. Even though I normally do not consider anything less than an A to be acceptable, I was thinking that I would not only be fine with a B, but happy to have it – that’s how difficult this class was! The only hope I thought I had for an A was if I totally aced all of yesterday’s stuff AND the final project. Guess what? Can you see my grin from where you are? I don’t even have to do the final project AND I still have an A for the course!! I cannot even tell you how happy I am right now—I’d have to be twins to feel any better! WooHooWooHooWooHoo!!! I am a rockin’ and rollin’ right now, kids!

I know you could care less about the details of my class, but y’all have NO IDEA what a weight has just lifted off my shoulders! Too bad it’s not real weight that would show on the scale, huh? But then again, perhaps the relief from all the anxiety and stress and freakin’ hard work WILL be reflected in the scale, huh?

And then…I came home and made the chicken dish that Robin wrote about in Casma’s journal. Oh. My. Guutness. It was absolutamente delicioso!! (For all you monolingual folk, translation: damn good!) I substituted turnip slices for the artichoke hearts. I thought, what the heck, if it doesn’t work I can just eat the chicken, but it was awesome. I can see why you’re so in love with this dish, Ms. Robin. I thank you and my DH thanks you too, he loved it. It was the perfect way to top off a very good day.

When I opened up my journal—poor, neglected thing!—I read the last several posts and remembered about the dress. So, I tried it on again and it doesn’t seem to be as tight as it was. I mean, I could actually breathe a little. Yay! Of course, it could be that I stretched out every seam last time I put it on though, LOL. Just kidding, I know that my body is redistributing itself, getting ready for that big weight drop that’s just around the corner. Oh please, oh please?? I haven’t measured in a while, but I think I’ll save that treat for when I’m really feeling stymied. Right now, I'm just plugging along, really too busy to give it too much thought. ;) I have three Finals next week and then I'm off for the holidays. Yay!!

I feel so much better now that I’m somewhat back on the boards. I’m trying to catch up a little with some posts, but I was incommunicado for quite a while there, and you guys post a lot!! LOL at ME saying y’all talk a lot!!! Anyhoo…from what I have been able to read, it appears that everyone is doing incredibly well! Maybe y’all’s mojo will rub off on me! Here’s hoping.

Ha! Mojo made me think of Tammy and her favorite puppy name and that made me think of Reginia and "Shopperfast." ROFLMAO!! Y'all are too, too funny!

Okay, bed at a decent hour for once…after my hot cocoa that is! Did I mention that today was a really good day?

Hasta!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » December 7th, 2006, 8:31 pm

Congrats on the great day and thanks for the personal shoutout! Moi, irreverant and snide? :cheers: I look forward to posting with you!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby JeepGirl » December 8th, 2006, 1:30 am

ok Cuz~~~and here I thought my Shopperfast moment was loooooong past :oops: LOL

I am so happy that you did AWESOME in that Class. If I am not mistaken my Sister in taking that class next semester but I will have to check. I know she is dreading whatever class it is and her main comment was "It is way worse than Stats was!" :lol:

It sounds like you had a Fabulous day!!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Sojourner » December 8th, 2006, 5:09 am

Biki and JG: Thanks!
Sorry to hear about your black lung, Biki; I hope you feel better soon!
BTW, I LOVED your Marilyn pic! Merry Xmas Mr. President, indeed!

Hey y'all, when Reginia emailed to harass me about having been MIA for so long :mrgreen:, I noticed that her last name, not a very common one, is the same as my BILs. We've decided that we're related! And, my husband used to race jeeps too. He once took 1st place in his division in the Mint 400. Of course, this was 25 years ago, but still.

So thanks, Cuz! Wish your sister good luck with that class for me, it's a killer! I seriously feel like a dragonslayer right about now! My prof jokingly said that he was gonna' have t-shirts made up for us that say "I Survived Psyc 3000." I would SO buy one of those and wear it proudly! Except, I want mine to say "I kicked Psyc 3000's ass!!" :twisted:

Adios Muchachos!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » December 12th, 2006, 3:51 pm

I'm so glad you're back!!! And thanks also for giving me a name for my next dog (which, sadly, I'll be getting sooner rather than later since I don't think Teemu will be able to manage on his own when Maggie's gone).

Come here, Mojo!! Mojo, stop that!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JeepGirl » December 12th, 2006, 6:48 pm

Yipppeeee ya kicked Psyc 3000's ass!! I knew ya could do it!! I will give my Sis a heads up on it!

Ohh and for the record.. I do not harass.. well maybe I did just this once but hey ya cant fault me for checking on my new found Cuz ;)

I guess finals are over now and you can relax for a bit!
Hopefully we will see ya @ here more often for a bit :-P
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Sojourner » December 13th, 2006, 12:33 am

JeepGirl wrote:I guess finals are over now and you can relax for a bit!
Hopefully we will see ya @ here more often for a bit :-P

Not quite - I have one more Thurs a.m. After that, I'm off until Jan 3rd. I'm gonna' sleep all day on Friday...I hope(!), but you will definitely see more of me around here after that.

Oh, and Robin...I just reminded you, but the real credit for the name Mojo goes to Tammy (The Shadow). Hey, where's she been? But yeah, that's a really cool name. Another cool name that belonged to one of my dogs 20 years ago, was Honcho. From the time he was born, he ruled the roost and was definitely the Main Dude, so the name fit him perfectly.
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » December 13th, 2006, 6:02 am

Just don't go MIA again. As several men from my past can tell you-I do have stalking skills. :angel:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Sojourner » December 14th, 2006, 6:47 pm

bikipatra wrote:Just don't go MIA again. As several men from my past can tell you-I do have stalking skills. :angel:

Yikes!
Not a chance though, my MIA status was mostly due to my 'puter problems. Hopefully, there's nothing left to fix...that is not a challenge, please don't go all wonky on me again!! (Praying to the Computer Powers That Be)!!

Well, Finals are FINALLY over! Yay!! I've already received my score for the final I took on Tuesday in Abnormal Psyc. Apparently, this is a subject in which I am very well-versed, because...(drum roll, please!!)...I scored 100%!!! How cool is that?? I've had a couple of 100% exams before, but never for a comprehensive FINAL! WooHoo.

So yeah, a very good week for me - a 4.0 semester. Whew!

Well, tomorrow I plan to sleep all day. Truly. Then on Sat, I plan to sleep some more. LOL. Hopefully, the scale will reflect the rest I'll be able to receive, and being able to stick to more of a set eating/watering schedule should help too. Not to mention the stress reduction!

Still - as I was telling Nancy when she emailed to check on how I was doing, I've not been too concerned about my stall because I know there was a lot at play, a whole bunch of reasons I've been stuck. At the same time, I've really been way too busy to be all that concerned about it. I'm feeling great, despite the sleep deprivation, and my clothing tells a much better tale than does my scale. I will probably change my ticker when my weight remains at the same place for at least a couple of days in a row...it's been jumping all over the place.

Onward and downward!!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Diana » December 14th, 2006, 11:33 pm

Hey, Beautiful!! Happy Winter Break! And it's really good to see you on the forum again!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 14th, 2006, 11:45 pm

Yay! 100% on the final WTG! I'm so happy for you! 4.0 semester woo hoo! It's worth not getting as many posts from you for that!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal