Sharon

1 Thread per registered User.

Sharon

Postby Sharon » May 8th, 2007, 12:38 pm

Well lets see this is the start of my journal. :x
As a lot of you know Im new here my day 4. Im doing this through a doctor and doing Just shakes for 12 weeks. Then I will go to the 5-1 plan. I have 113lbs to lose. Just wish it would come off as fast as it comes on.
My lifestyle changed 4 years ago when I moved to NJ which is my boyfriend Mikes home. He is a bartender and Im a waitress. So in 4 years here I have put on about 70lbs. That 2am eating when you get home from work and call for delivery Only time meals were cooked at home was when we had a day off together.
Of course I gained the weight not him!lol He supports me in this but he doesnt understand the diet thing cause he has never had to worry about that. He is a sweetie and helping me and listening to me talk nonstop about this. lol
I took 2 weeks vacation time to get started on this thinking I would be doing good and have my shake routine in place and be feeling good by the time I go back to work. Once Im back at work I will be handling food at least 8 hours a day. I will be so nervous my first day back.
I did post last Sunday on Roll Call and this next Sunday willbe my first time to step on the scale. That scale has never been my friend so I will only step on it on Sundays for Roll Call. My first goal is just to see the number on the scale be below 200lbs!!!! Since Im starting at 233.5.
I registered her in 2005 think thats what it shows on here and even ordered shakes then too. Just kept putting off starting and everyday having that one last meal or junk food one last time. But its day 4 so I think I can do this. I will just come write in my journal each day.
Sharon

Postby 2getskinny » May 8th, 2007, 12:43 pm

Hi Sharon, You are doing great! Keep up the good work! I too have fallen on and off the MF wagon. I am back to day one this morning.
You will do it! Come here often and read, post, it will help. :)
2getskinny
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby FrankieJ » May 8th, 2007, 12:47 pm

Hi Sharon!

Great that you started a journal - I just started one too and I find it a really helpful place to do my babbling about MF, ha ha!

My husband is pretty supportive too but he can only handle so much chatter about my 62 ounces of water or whatever before his eyes glaze over.

After your 2 week vacation/induction period (great idea, by the way), you should be slimming down and feeling great so I'm confident you can avoid the bad food on the job. You won't want to lose your momentum :lol:

Have a great week.
Re-Re-Start Date: 7-9-07; 5'2", 183
Mini Goal: 4 wks of compliance & 165 by 8/6/07
Mini Goal: 140 by 9/30/07
Mini Goal: 125 by 11/20/67, My 40th B-Day!
FrankieJ
Trusted Member

Postby Sojourner » May 8th, 2007, 1:02 pm

Hiya Sharon!
Welcome to journaling!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Mike » May 8th, 2007, 1:04 pm

Welcome Sharon. Glad you started a journal, its one of the many tools that will help you on your journey.
2 AM eating isn't great. Luckily, where we are, I don't think there is such a thing as 2 AM delivery... ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Pashta » May 8th, 2007, 1:15 pm

You'll do great, I'm sure. In 2 weeks you will be well into ketosis and feeling great so you should have no problem handling food. :)
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby KellyC » May 8th, 2007, 1:22 pm

Welcome! :)

I did the "one last meal, one last bag of junk" thing too, for a year. I never thought this program would work for me, I thought it was way too little food. But now in week 3, I find I have to actually force myself to eat every 3 hours.. and I only get hungry if I wait longer than maybe 3.5 hours to eat.

You're doing great! :)
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sharon » May 10th, 2007, 4:37 pm

Wow this is day 6 for me I cant believe I lasted this long with only shakes. I have shocked myself.
I had my first full day away from the house yesterday and packed my shake ixes with me. I would stop and buy bottles of water and between that and the shakes just drank all day. Hey dumb question can you drink too much water??? Think my eyes were floating yesterday. Had LOTS of potty stops.
My BIG win yesterday was my boyfriend had lunch at a fast food place and my hand or my mouth touched one single fry!!!! YIPPIE!!!! Believe me that is a BIG DEAL for me the former junk food Queen. LOL
Gosh I cant believe how close it is to my first Roll Call and Im both excited and nervous.
You know what really shocks me is Im on the fast (shakes only) and I havent even wanted to taste food the last couple of days but I DO HATE those certain TV ads.LOL
Sharon

Postby Unca_Tim » May 10th, 2007, 5:04 pm

Congrats on day 6 Sharon,
You should just about be approaching the "MediZone".

You "could" have too much water, but you'd really have to work at it.
A minimum of 64oz and a max of about 1/2 your body weight in oz's will keep you in the ball park.
(and running to the potty)

Keep a shakin'.....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Tawanda » May 10th, 2007, 5:24 pm

Welcome Sharon if I've not said that somewhere on the forums already :oops: I get so I forget who I've said hello (and welcome!) to some times. I don't see a hello from me yet on your journal so I'm here :D and saying it!! :lol:

Unca_Tim wrote:Congrats on day 6 Sharon,
You should just about be approaching the "MediZone".

Medizone.....awesome place to be!!

Unca_Tim wrote:You "could" have too much water, but you'd really have to work at it.
A minimum of 64oz and a max of about 1/2 your body weight in oz's will keep you in the ball park.
(and running to the potty)

Keep a shakin'.....:)

Running to the potty.........this is so very true. ;) Just think of it as washing the flab away and you won't mind a bit all those trips!! :D
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby GucciGoo » May 10th, 2007, 6:16 pm

Hi Sharon :) Glad you decided to make a journal! Can't wait to see your progress!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 10th, 2007, 7:33 pm

Hi Sharon,
Glad you decided to make a journal!

What a neat idea to take 2 weeks off and really get into the swing of the program! I'm confident once you return to work, you won't worry about the food all around you because you'll be in the Medizone and so happy with what's going on with your body that you don't want to slow the train down!

Way to go defying the fries at the ff place!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sharon » May 11th, 2007, 3:21 pm

Just want to say thanks for everyones help this week. Believe me I had a few days this week where just reading things yall wrote helped me so much and making me laugh really helped. lol
I look forward to coming here each day it does really hel keep me n track. Hey has anybody else here done this shakes only thing?
Sharon

Postby SuzyQ66 » May 11th, 2007, 3:43 pm

Hi Sharon and welcome. Wait til you see the results you will achieve. You will be so happy and glowing about MF. I started on January 29th weighing in at 236 (a little more than you) and as of this morning I weight 191.5 - down a total of 44.5 pounds. Just stick to the plan and you will do wonderful. Again welcome and it will be wonderful to watch your progress.
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby bikipatra » May 12th, 2007, 3:46 am

Sharon wrote:
I look forward to coming here each day it does really hel keep me n track. Hey has anybody else here done this shakes only thing?

I have done it several times but never more than two days in a row. I really didn't notice the difference in the weight loss I was hoping for, I guess that is why they say that weight loss between 6-0's and 5-1's is comparable. Now I mostly do it when I don't feel like eating the L&G I have or don't have a L&G around.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Next

Return to My Journal