Shaking in more ways than one!

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Shaking in more ways than one!

Postby Lizabett » January 29th, 2006, 9:39 am

Okay, I am jumping into this thing with a passion. I introduced myself yesterday on the Forum under the topic, “Enough, Already!” I am that 76 year old who is committed to the challenge of spending the rest of my life (how about 20 years!) as healthy and trim as I can be.

The BEFORE picture is with my grandaughter,Evin, on Grandparents Day at school.

I am also including my wedding picture of almost 60 years ago, because my husband and I are celebrating our 60th wedding anniversary this October. I plan to send an AFTER picture of us, at my 50 pound weight loss goal. Guys, this is scary!

When I think about it, I can hardly imagine that this could actually happen, When it does, it will be a miracle! I will be “shaking” in more ways than one!

Lizabett
Lizabett
Spa City
Hot Springs Nat'l Park, Arkansas
Lizabett
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » January 29th, 2006, 9:53 am

Hi Lizabett! You look WONDERFUL!!!! (In both pictures!) We're glad you're here with us. We'll be routing you on to a SLIM 60th!!!! :cleader:
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » January 29th, 2006, 9:53 am

Lizabett

What a beautiful woman you are and that wedding picture is gorgeous. Let me say that you look no where near 76!!!!!

Have fun with the program and stay in touch!!!

We are all cheering you on to victory :cleader:

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Big Time!

Postby Lizabett2 » January 29th, 2006, 10:56 am

Momma and Lisa,

You are both too kind with your compliments, but I'm not complaining!

You'll be seeing less of me in days and weeks to come. Ain't MMT and Medifast fabulous?

I'm a-shaking big time and so are you!

Lizabett
Lizabett2

Postby ljm498 » January 29th, 2006, 11:10 am

Hi Lizabett! Great pictures! I have to agree that you look nowhere near 76! Looking forward to seeing all of your progress and new pictures!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby stelar » January 29th, 2006, 1:12 pm

Lizabett! You are AWESOME! My mom is just a couple of years older than you & you both look amazing! I think love has something to do with that ;) . I look forward to shaking with you! You're a great inspiration!

Shakin',
Stela
SD 01/18/06
199/183.5/135
stelar
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Drama Queen » January 29th, 2006, 5:42 pm

Hi Lizabett,

I just have to jump in and agree....you look no where near 76!! I absolutely love your wedding picture. It just radiates love and happiness. I can't wait to see the matching one from your 60th! I love your attitude and determination. Welcome to the greatest bunch of losers!!

Keep on shakin',
Drama Queen
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Trixie » January 30th, 2006, 7:44 am

Hello Lizabett! :wave: I just saw your "Enough Already" post and loved your spirit instantly. Then I jumped over to the Studio and see that you've taken the big step and posted your before photo. I couldn't resist jumping on the Welcome Wagon when I saw that you are in beautiful Hot Springs, Arkansas! I'm an Arkansas native! I just moved to Michigan from Little Rock in August.

I'm sure you've read that most of us are looking forward to a special event...mine's a wedding this summer. I think it's wonderful that you want to give your husband the gift of seeing his slimmer bride on your 60th!

Welcome! I cannot wait to hear of your success on the forum.

Keep Shakin!!

Trixie
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Can't believe it!

Postby lizabett2 » January 30th, 2006, 11:11 am

I just can't believe how supportive and kind you all are. Ljm498, Stelar, Drama Queen and Trixi and all the others! I've seen some of your pictures, too, and you just look wonderful to me.

All of us have goals for special events coming up like an anniversary, wedding, reunion or just to change our lives to be as healthy and to look as good as we can be. Don't we all?

I'm happy you do not think I really look 76! I actually don't feel like it either, but so nice that you tell me so. Make's my day!

Today, the scales rewarded me with a total of 13.5 pounds gone, from my BEFORE high of 195. I can't wait for that AFTER picture either. It will so exciting! Thank you all,

Lizabett[color=darkblue]
lizabett2

Doing great

Postby Jan » January 30th, 2006, 12:08 pm

Hi there,
YOu are doing great!!! I agree you don't look your age or as Nancy says "your experience" :mrgreen: at all. Remember I'm the one with the Dad that's 2 months short of 100. He's getting his traveling plans all set for the summer (of course that means I'll be traveling too -- I won't let him go all by himself anymore :D ) So just think of yourself as a kid -- Daddy calls people your age --" youngins" :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Young at heart!

Postby Lizabette » January 30th, 2006, 8:38 pm

Oh, Jan! It's so great to called a youngin again! You just tell your wonderful dad to have a fantastic traveling trip this summer. He will always be young at heart, and you take good care of him! God Bless you for being so sweet and considerate!

Lizabett
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette

Postby Dayna » January 30th, 2006, 11:03 pm

You don't look, or sound, for that matter, a day over 60! Congratulations on your long marriage. In today's world, I think it's something of which to be extra proud. Thank you for sharing your pictures and your story - can't wait to see the anniversary pictures! ;)

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » January 30th, 2006, 11:18 pm

:shock: Oh, Lizabett I am so :sheepjump: happy to discover you here among the hallowed studio halls of famous losers!

Already you are in the 10 Pound Club and closing in on the 20 Pound Club.

When your 60th Anniversary rolls around, you won’t be rolling down the aisles – you’ll be gliding on the arm of your very handsome Bill, 50 pounds lighter.

Yup, this will be the Diamond Anniversary and your eyes are already sparkling like diamonds. I just did the :puterboos: math here, :whattha: Folks… That means Lizabett was a mere child of 16 when she and Bill were married. You absolutely do not look your age! :no:

:shades: That granddaughter of yours is sure cutesy wootsey – she looks a LOT like you. :whistle:

You are determined, you are spunky and I like that about you – got your dress all picked out for the party? :scratch: Be sure to have the phone number of a tailor handy!

We shall soon be calling you :point: Lit’l Bett!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

"Climbing up the mountain"

Postby Lizabette » January 31st, 2006, 8:38 am

Wow, DAYNA, age 60 seems like eons ago! I would have been just a baby when my handsome sailor boy and I got married! Thank you! As to my long marriage, in retrospect it has been unique and grand… not always on the mountain top by a long shot, but as you know there has to be hills and valleys to travel anywhere in life.

And dear, dear NANCY. You have to know that you are the primary reason I am even starting on this “mountain top” experience. You have been super-supportive. It's okay to call me “Lit’l Bet” now, ‘cause that’s where I’m heading.

Hey, how can I not, when the road is all laid out before me in the footsteps of so many other brave travelers? I love MMF, Medifast and you all for going along with me!

Lizabett
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette

Postby Nancy » January 31st, 2006, 8:46 am

Lit'l Bet ~

when the road is all laid out before me in the footsteps of so many other brave travelers

Yep...that's the key...follow the road map (The Quick Start Booklet) exactly and you cannot fail. We have blazed the trail, your job is to stay on the path and stay out of the foody weeds!

Shake it up and shake it off! :cheers:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Studio