Shake/water question

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Shake/water question

Postby armeewyf » April 6th, 2005, 8:03 am

After a number of roadblocks that prevented me from starting earlier, here is my DAY 1!!! Already had the oatmeal (not so bad) and am beginning the water consumption. Today's goal is 64 oz--hopefully in a few days I can goal 100 oz, the 110...that seems to be what works for the most of you as I read...

QUESTION...Do you mis the shakes with COLD water? I haven't seen it written or posted. Just put it in the shaker and shake and drink? Seems easy enough. Please, can someone let me know abt the COLD part...

THanks
Lee Ann
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

tumbleweed

Postby tumbleweed » April 6th, 2005, 8:09 am

Hi! your off to a good start! I mix my shakes with cold water, I keep water in the fridge just to mix my shakes with, once in a while I whirl them in a blender with some ice and make a thicker shake, I imagine since summer will be here soon I will be making alot of my shakes that way. good luck to you this is a great way to lose weight!.... :D
tumbleweed
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby armeewyf » April 6th, 2005, 8:12 am

And just to clarify, the water used for "mixing" does not count in what I am consuming as water drank per day, correct? Thanks Tumbleweed for the response! I need all the help I can get these first few days!
armeewyf

Suggestion

Postby LilMsTexas » April 6th, 2005, 8:13 am

I make every shake in the blender with ice and cold water....I'm now adding the davinci sugar free syrups too and that makes them AWESOME! When I'm on the road and have to use the shaker jar I get ice and water and then let it set for a bit to REALLY get cold.

With the apple cinnamon oatmeal.....try adding a packet of splenda and some extra cinnamon....a little extra water and let it set for a couple of minutes to REALLY let the apples fluff up and then VOILA!! Don't rush the oatmeal...it's so much better if you give it a couple minutes.

And if you try the soups...be SURE and let them set long enough!!
Good luck and have a great day!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby raederle » April 6th, 2005, 8:29 am

armeewyf wrote:And just to clarify, the water used for "mixing" does not count in what I am consuming as water drank per day, correct?

You're correct-- the water in the shakes, soups, etc. doesn't count toward the 100 oz per day of drinking water. (You didn't think you were gonna get off *that* easy, did ya? ;))
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 6th, 2005, 9:07 am

The shakes as stated are made with cold water. I have a couple of methods for making shakes.

1. The Spartan Method: If I am just drinking the shake to fulfill my meal requirement and don't have time for anything fancy.......I just put 8 oz. of cold water in a shaker, add the shake powder, shake it up and drink it. (note...I find putting water in first, and then the powder works best. If the powder goes in first, sometimes it does not get totally mixed)

2. The Fancy Treat Method: Put water in the blender, add the powder, then some ice...........add your choice of DaVinci syrup if you wish......then blend for a minute or so.

I like the shakes better than any of the meals. Some days, all I have are shakes........which I believe (could be wrong here), were the only things available at one time through Medifast.

The water is a tough one for me as well. When I started the plan, I mixed up a big batch of Crytal Lite (lemonade flavor) and drank that mostly..........then eventually transistioned to plain water. We were buying cases and cases of water (my wife and I are both on the plan), untill this weekend when I finally sprung for some really good filtering systems for both our refrigerator and kitchen sink. The one on the sink came with it's own spigot for the drinking water and it does indeed make the water taste much better. Eventually, the system will pay for itself, in that I can stop the expense of purchasing water and using the gas to get to the store.

The system works.......I have been on the plan for three weeks and three days, and according to the scale this morning.........I have lost 24 pounds.

I started at 244.5 and am now an even 220.

Hope you enjoy your shakes as much as I do!

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 6th, 2005, 10:23 am

Dean....awesome job!!!!......weigh to go...... :yes: ...24 lbs of flab....

Armeewyf...Ditto to all the great advice you recieved...I do water first then powder..........simple..simple...simple....I think that's what I love so much about this plan....SIMPLICITY.... :yes: ..no thinking....water & a packet...6 times a day...... :yay:

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 6th, 2005, 2:19 pm

Dean you are doing so well!!! :) I usually take the Spartan method. I think the shakes taste pretty good as is but I usually add a Splenda. My fav supplements are the minestrone soup and the cream of chicken with spinach in it.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby monkeymom » April 6th, 2005, 2:42 pm

Quick post from work.......if you are mixing in the shaker jar, plop in a couple of ice cubes before you shake. It makes them nice and cold, and also helps it to mix up more thoroughly.
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » April 8th, 2005, 4:32 pm

Yup, the shakes taste best when made with really cold water.

Here are some ideas for you – this is the link to my August 2003 Newsletter..
http://www.makemethinner.com/newsletter/medifast-august-03-newsletter.htm
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby armeewyf » April 8th, 2005, 6:21 pm

Hey, thanks to all for the tips...here's what I did to thicken them up a little-I put water in the fridge especially for the shakes--a 1/2 hour or so before I want to drink a shake, I make it then set it back in the refrigerator for a 1/2 hr or so. Thats working so far. I did this plan before when it was shakes only and I thought the shakes were thicker. Actually, I think I also made pudding out of them instead of drinking. Its been abt 15 years though so I could be wrong.

Thanks again! This website is going to be what helps me make it this time!

Lee Ann
armeewyf

Postby 24KaratGold » April 8th, 2005, 6:42 pm

Hey Lee Ann!

Today is Day 3 -- it's better all the way from here now!

I like to mix the shakes with 4 ounces of water and stick 'em on ice for an hour to an hour an a half. The DC one makes a nice frozen chocolate treat to end my day with.

So glad that the last couple of difficult weeks are behind you now -- here's to many lost pounds in the future. :toast:
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » April 8th, 2005, 6:43 pm

Use less water to make puddin' - about 4 ounces of really cold water.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.