Salad Dressing

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Salad Dressing

Postby heres2me » May 19th, 2008, 2:07 pm

I am trying to find the right dressing for my salad. I picked up the Walden Farms no cal, no carb, no surgar honey dijon. How much of that can I have on my salad. And, since I haven't tried it yet, is at also "no taste?"

What is everyone else using on salads?
heres2me

Postby Mike » May 19th, 2008, 2:11 pm

Personally, we tried Walden Farms and summarily tossed it in the trash. We use low carb and low fat dressings (many avaialbe in the supermarkets). The salad spritzers are good also.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby cydj21 » May 19th, 2008, 6:19 pm

I personally go with Hidden Valley Ranch Light which I find to be a good compromise between carbs, calories, and taste. I sometimes use the Walden Farms dressings as marinades for chicken, etc.
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby summergirl » May 19th, 2008, 8:49 pm

I have tried the spritzers (Which are great, and they just came out with a ranch one!) and the light cheese fantastico by Bernstein's, and also I made some of my "own" dressing... Not sure if it was totally ok, but it seemed to work well for me.. I would take 1 TB and put it in my shaker, and add a little fat free half and half, shake REALLY well, and then pour on my salad. I loved the way I still had the taste, but it spread around a little bit more. I was using a Safeway Select brand (Von's in other parts of the country, I believe) it was a basil ranch and it's yummy. I'm a big fan of pesto/basil! ;)
summergirl
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » May 20th, 2008, 7:27 am

I'm definitely not a fan of Walden Farms, either, although some people swear by their products. I do love the sugar-free balsamic vinaigrette from Maple Grove Farms. It can be a little hard to find, but my local supermarkets all carry it.

It has something like 5 calories per serving, with no fat and no sugar. (There's also a fat-free version that has slightly more calories and carbs but is still well within acceptable range.)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Maisy » May 21st, 2008, 5:35 am

I always use Paul Newmans Basalmic light...now I suppose I should actally check the label
Maisy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby KellyC » May 22nd, 2008, 6:50 pm

Ohh.. a ranch spritzer, yay! They aren't selling here yet, hopefully soon.
I haven't had a Walden Farms product yet that I liked.

I usually only have salad as an L&G when I have cottage cheese as the lean.. I take a tablespoon or so of the cottage cheese and whiz it with some de-seeded cucumber in the magic bullet.. toss in some chives and dill, salt and pepper and it makes a nice creamy dressing.
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby katieb920 » May 22nd, 2008, 7:06 pm

KellyC wrote:Ohh.. a ranch spritzer, yay! They aren't selling here yet, hopefully soon.
I haven't had a Walden Farms product yet that I liked.

I usually only have salad as an L&G when I have cottage cheese as the lean.. I take a tablespoon or so of the cottage cheese and whiz it with some de-seeded cucumber in the magic bullet.. toss in some chives and dill, salt and pepper and it makes a nice creamy dressing.

Kelly you need to be a chef. You have such a great way to incorporate things in to your lean greens. And probably if you fed it to me I would not even be able to tell the diffrence. I am going to try that dressing.

From one chef to the other.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby rodeomom » May 24th, 2008, 2:57 pm

My newest favorite is Kraft Light Cheese Ranch. I am one that CAN NOT stand light creamy dressings, but I thought I would give this one a try while I was in Texas with Skye and I fell in love with it. As far as fat grams it is on the verge of plan compliant, but only 2 carbs. I had a hard time finding it in Ohio, but I called Kraft and they found a store for me.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » June 6th, 2008, 9:12 pm

I kinda like the Walden Farms. I like the blue cheese, honey mustard, and the Tomato Bacon one. They aren't the originals, but they aren't that bad.

I use the tomato sauce, too. NO on the alfredo, but regular sauce is good.

I have been making my brother ice cube fudgcicles. Pour the WF choc. syrup in an ice cube tray and then drop in a drop of WF caramel or marshamallow and let it freeze. He pops it out and sucks on it like an ice pop. I guess a little stick would work, too. I wanna try it with flavoring in the choc. syrup.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.