Sad but trying

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Sad but trying

Postby want2Bskinny » June 27th, 2006, 11:24 am

Hi...I've been doing Medifast for about a month and have lost about 12 lbs. I'm struggling right now because I caught my s/o cheating on me and I am just sick. I haven't been able to eat too much, but I keep trying to get the shakes in. I guess I'm not eating enough b/c the scale hasn't moved. Just need you guys to keep me going...I'm really stuck in a bad place right now. And, yes, I kicked him to the curb and he's gone for good. It still hurts.

Your prayers are appreciated. Thanks.
want2Bskinny

Postby lilgorg » June 27th, 2006, 12:02 pm

first of all, congrats on losing 12 lbs so far...and honey, lift your chin up cuz this is the BEST time to get with the program and get rid of the weight. now that he is gone, you can do this for you and only you and feel great about it.

don't get me wrong, i know it's hurtful to find that out and i'm not discounting your feelings. but you have to look on the bright side of everything. maybe this is your time to be alone and take care of yourself and then someone else will reap the rewards that ur ex will miss out on! :D imagine his face when you get to goal, he begs you back and you say no...we'll all be there to say "U go girl!"

i know that you may not have any appetite but set an alarm and make sure you get in all your supplements. you don't want your body to go into starvation mode. :shock: we are here for you girl so be strong and lean on us every day that you need it.

have a great day (take it one at at time)...kim
lilgorg
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sarya » June 27th, 2006, 12:14 pm

You're going through a tough time right now, but you can do it. Each day will get a little better, and in the end you'll be glad you stayed strong during such a painful time.

*hugs*
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » June 27th, 2006, 12:15 pm

Oh, geez, I'm so sorry. But lilgorg is right; this is a great time to really work on yourself. (Plus, you don't say if you have kids, but if you're living on your own, Medifast can be a lot easier because you don't have all the other junk around the house. If you DO have kids, then let them see their mom doing something good for herself.)

The site's been up and down all day, as I'm sure you know. So I'm sure there'll be plenty more responses once people can get back online. We're all here to pick you up and cheer you on.

Take care of yourself.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Karli » June 27th, 2006, 12:25 pm

Wow !! Well, you know... I have found that dropping weight is metaphorical as well as literal. And, perhaps it has just been time for this step as well (kicking him to the curb, not the way it happened). Changing something like one's eating habits is actually quite a huge thing, as I am sure you know. It takes a whole different perception of oneself to even start it, let alone commit to it. So, perhaps not having him in your life was going to be part of that newer perception, at some point, anyway.

You know though, what he did is not a reflection on your worth as an individual. I think that is important to hold to in thought, especially as you are making your changes. What he did is a reflection of his own self-image, and although there seems to be a popularity in thinking monogomy is something of the past, I think most people sell out on the idea because they are just plain scared and underconfident, without even really giving it an honest try (in their hearts and minds) and seeing its worth.

I have to run now, but I wish you well and I will be holding you in my thoughts and prayers. God is right there with you, right now, loving you unconditionally.

Love,
Karli
Last edited by Karli on June 27th, 2006, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karli

Postby Amber » June 27th, 2006, 12:30 pm

I've been through similar circumstances. Though this IS a tough time, there will be a time that you realize that not only have you lost 12#, you've also gotten rid of some dead weight & negativity from your life. This is opportunity knocking even if it doesn't feel quite so "opportune" right now!
Hang on, want2beskinny--a bit of time and you'll be A-OK once more!
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 27th, 2006, 1:02 pm

I'm so sorry this happened to you! Don't let this person ruin your progress on the program! You're doing this for YOU, not for them and you can't control their stupid and rude actions, only your own...I know it'll be hard, but try to get all your MF meals in, we don't want you feeling BAD on top of feeling bad! Post all you want, we'll be here for you!

DeDe
dede4wd

Thanks ladies!

Postby want2Bskinny » June 27th, 2006, 1:09 pm

You are all so kind, and you all made some very good points. So thanks so much.

I'm working on getting with the program -- totally. Today I had two shakes and one soup, so I'm getting there. And there isn't anyone at home to cook for anymore, so it's all about me right now.

He will be shocked if/when I see him again. I don't intend to see him again until I look WAAAYYYYY HOT, then I'm going to march my skinny self, which will be looking fine in my new outfit I'm going to buy just to drive it home, up to him and say, "Too bad, so sad!"

Anyway, thanks to all....have a wonderful day. I'll touch base with you in a few days. Besides "Want2BSkinny" my second mantra is "Pray for those who have hurt you." Lord knows they need it!
want2Bskinny

Postby TheShadow » June 27th, 2006, 1:21 pm

I know that you don't feel like eating right now. When my ex did the same to me, I honestly thought I'd barf every time I tried to eat. Sometimes it just sticks in your throat. Well I guess that won't happen with a shake...but you know what I mean. You've got to eat, force yourself to get down at least your 5-6 MF meals a day. You need your strength to be able to hold your head up and say "I'm better off without a liar and a cheat." If you have someone you can't depend on, honestly that's worse than having no one. At least when you're on your own, you know where you stand and what you've got to work with. As some one else said, this is a reflection of his character, and not a reflection of anything having to do with you. He is a weak person. You are stronger than you know and you have people to support you. Now go drink a shake!
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby alpha femme » June 27th, 2006, 1:48 pm

hey, check out my very first thread and pm me if you want to talk.

it gets better. i swear it does.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby sidrah » June 27th, 2006, 2:14 pm

Good thought- go back later and say, "Look what you're missing." Then tell him how good you look, too. Let him know that he is missing a good person....and a great looking one, too.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Jan » June 27th, 2006, 3:51 pm

Hi There,
I am so sorry you had to go through this. Dang scoundrels anyway. :x I know you'll make it. It's time for some "me time" now. Concentrate on yourself and how great you are going to look and feel. You will you know. :D
Eating tooo few calories will stall your weight loss as will stress. So those are most likely the cause of the "stuck scale". It will get moving again. I am sooo proud of you... many of us would be climbing through the cupboards trying to eat away the pain.
Keep posting -- we are all here to help you. Let us know how you're doing and remember we are all getting lined up and ready to cheer for you when the pesky pounds start to part again. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Elke » June 27th, 2006, 5:44 pm

Hi want2bskinny, You know you got great advice so I am just gonna say a little prayer for you and wish you well :)
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby jump4joy » June 27th, 2006, 8:37 pm

I feel your pain! That happened to me with my 1st marriage and I was SO devastated, my heart was broken.....smashed to a bloody pulp. But as I look back, I'm so RELIEVED that I'm not stuck with that Bozo NOW. WHEW! You're better off, trust me. There are a lot of "fish in the sea" and when you're ready, they'll still be there. I'm sorry you have to go through this pain, but it will pass in time, and one day soon you'll wake up and BE SO OVER HIM. NOW is the perfect time for you to lose yourself in your weight-loss project....and when he DOES see you again, he'll eat his heart out. I may be dating myself when I tell you that Gloria Gaynor's song "I Will Survive!" came out right when it happened to me. Don't laugh, but it made me feel better to crank that song up and sing my lil' guts out while going through my divorce. That was MY song, baby! Be glad he showed his true colors while you still have a chance at a life with a GOOD man.....I found mine, and he was worth the wait! ......"did 'ja think I'd crumble, did'ja think I'd lay down and DIE? Oh no not I! I will Surviiiiiiiive!" :lol: Corny song, but 'cha know NOW it's in your head. :)

Hang in there----This too shall pass.

Joy :heart:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby sheila » June 28th, 2006, 1:09 am

I feel so bad for you, I just wish I could give you a hug. Hang in there, and make sure you get your supplements, even if you dont feel like it, you need to do it. Even if you have to force your self and tell yourself you are doing this even in spite of him. It will get better.
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.