How sad...

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

How sad...

Postby GucciGoo » April 4th, 2007, 10:41 am

700-Pound Woman Rescued From Bathroom

TRENTON, N.J. -- It took nearly seven hours and the demolition of a bathroom, but a rescue crew was able to remove a woman weighing more than 700 pounds from her New Jersey home.

They were called to the Trenton home shortly before 6 p.m. Monday following reports the woman had fallen and injured herself in her second-floor bathroom.

Firefighters eventually had to dismantle the toilet and radiator, and then rip out part of a wall and window to create a hole large enough to remove the woman with a fire truck's large rescue basket.

The unidentified woman is listed in fair condition at a Trenton hospital.

The fire chief said there are indications the woman hadn't been on the first floor of her home since November.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Tiffany38 » April 5th, 2007, 1:42 pm

I read this story also -- very sad. :( I know the story said that she was in good spirits the whole time, joking about the situation. That to me was sad that she has to joke about it when we all know inside she must have been so humiliated and mortified that it had come to this.

I saw a similar story on cable not long ago -- Jackie's Story -- where she was hospitalized for weight reduction and they did a documentary on her. She did have a girl come check on her every day and do some cleaning, see to her needs, etc. But at the wrap of the documentary, she had been in and out of the hospital with a lot of complications.

I know I have to fight my weight all my life, and I know when we reach a certain point, it is a complete state of hopelessness -- it's very overwhelming and especially when the food cravings, etc. are so strong on the mind. People who don't have weight issues just don't understand.
Tiffany38

Postby Triskets » April 5th, 2007, 1:43 pm

DandS:
Geez! How humiliating. At 264 pounds I know how embarrassing it is to get my but stuck in a plastic lawn chair. I hope that woman gets rid of some of that weight.
What do you mean "vote off Sanjay"? He's from the great state of Washington! LOL
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets

Postby Tiffany38 » April 5th, 2007, 2:21 pm

Oh no Triskets ~ your not a Sanjaya fan are you?? Actually in the beginning I have to admit I wanted him to make it thru but **only** because he was a cute indian guy and I'm fond of those indian men! :lol:

However, after hearing him sing a few times, I think it's such an injustice to the others who really can sing, that they keep getting voted off week after week and SANJAYA is still there!!
Tiffany38

Postby bikipatra » April 5th, 2007, 3:04 pm

Triskets wrote:DandS:
Geez! How humiliating. At 264 pounds I know how embarrassing it is to get my but stuck in a plastic lawn chair. I hope that woman gets rid of some of that weight.
LOL

I've broken a lawn chair before, in front of my new inlaws. Great impression.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby GucciGoo » April 5th, 2007, 3:32 pm

What do you mean "vote off Sanjay"? He's from the great state of Washington! LOL

Sorry Miss Triskets, but Sanjaya is the least talented person on that show.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » April 5th, 2007, 9:32 pm

DarkAndStormy wrote:

Sorry Miss Triskets, but Sanjaya is the least talented person on that show.

Amen to that, Beth! Sorry Triskets! :mrgreen:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby JonnaD » April 5th, 2007, 9:34 pm

Several years ago, I went to lunch with a friend of mine. When she sat in the wooden dining chair, it collapsed. Obviously something was wrong with the chair, but she was so mortified, she wouldn't consider complaining. She simply got up and grabbed another chair. :cry: I wanted to cry for her.
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Pashta » April 8th, 2007, 8:21 am

You guys know that there are websites telling people to vote for the WORST singer on American Idol right? I believe Howard Stern has asked his listeners to do this a long time ago as well. That is the real reason Sanjaya (sp?) is on there still.

This should be the last year of that show.
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta

Starbucks

Postby gillian » April 9th, 2007, 12:04 pm

At my highest weight, I got stuck in a Starbucks chair- I was ouside on the patio, and I guess I did not relize the butt size to chair size differential... I thought I was so cute, flirting with a guy... I finished and stood up, WITH THE GREEN CHAIR CONNECTED TO MY HIPS!!!

I did not sit on the patio at starbucks until a few months ago, and now I have room for my little daughter to sit with me... Nice change. Needlesstosay, the dude I was flirting with never called...
Gillian
gillian
Preferred member

Re: Starbucks

Postby bikipatra » April 9th, 2007, 12:07 pm

gillian wrote:At my highest weight, I got stuck in a Starbucks chair- I was ouside on the patio, and I guess I did not relize the butt size to chair size differential... I thought I was so cute, flirting with a guy... I finished and stood up, WITH THE GREEN CHAIR CONNECTED TO MY HIPS!!!

I was just a few pounds away from that....at my Starbucks they have metal chairs and before MF I remember sitting in one and realizing I could barely make it. My body was squeezing out of the sides under the arm rests. So attractive.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

nothing hotter

Postby gillian » April 9th, 2007, 12:18 pm

Yeah, there is nothing hotter then having your hips and thighs squeezed up around your neck. I always loved that.
Gillian
gillian
Preferred member

Postby Mike » April 9th, 2007, 5:39 pm

Oh, the sad memories of me and chairs. I can recall many occasions when I wouldn't even sit in certain chairs for fear of breaking them (because I had broken others). When I went to take exams to get into MA programs and Credential programs I had to sit in a chair with a table on a stage to take the test because I wouldn't fit in the desk seats. Being a size 66 and 460 lbs definitely had its disadvantages just from a discrimination point of view.
Now that I am significantly smaller, I really don't worry about chairs, boothes, or people talking about me because of my size. Yea medifast. :cheermed: and fooey on all of those people who made fun of me in the past :x
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to What's Shakin'