restaurant eating from a newbie

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

restaurant eating from a newbie

Postby victoria7 » June 4th, 2005, 6:28 pm

My boyfriend works as the general manager of a very nice restaurant here in San Francisco. Part of his job is to go to other restaurants and eat!!! His restaurant even pays for this! This is why I've gained 30lbs since we started going out a year and half ago... :shock:

So, I have changed my ways... I've been on MF since Tuesday and I'm doing very well (I have no numbers for you, since I'm not yet using the scale), but I've been super-compliant. Perfect, even. ;)

Last night we went to "The Metropolitan." I felt strong and timed our dinner reservations for 2 hours after a shake!

I was concerned about being able to be a good dining companion and sticking *rigidly* to the MF program at the same time...

I need not have worried. The waitress was so kind & accomadating and I made good choices.

For my starter, I had a salad of field greens with NO dressing and asked them not include the cheese. The salad had shaved fennel, so it was flavorful even without dressing. Next time, I might bring my own salad dressing.

For my entree, I asked for plain asparagus & they steamed it for me. I ordered the tuna tartare appetizer and they prepared it without the sauce and without the avacado. I did eye it, but with an eye tuned to the size of a deck of playing cards. It was so fresh & tasty... Are cucumbers allowed? The waitress brought me cucumber chips instead of Nori to eat with the tartare, which I thought was super-nice! :D

I drank sparly water with lemon. :-) My BF ordered a 1/2 bottle of wine for himself (for 40$!!!) It was the only thing that tempted me in any way... But I stayed strong & kept my goals in mind (I knew that that wine, no matter how good it was, would not taste as good as I will feel this fall!!!) I smelled it & that was enough. :D

My BF had nothing that could be considered anywhere near the MF program and apologized saying "I'm sorry you can't have any of this, babe." I replied with "Oh, yes I *can*---I can have anything I want! I'm *choosing* to eat this instead." :D

We went to another restaurant that he wanted to check out and while he had desert, I had a double-espresso with spenda!

Anyway, I wanted to share what I consider a personal success and ask a question...

What do you order when you go out to eat??? What are other good choices???
victoria7
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby want2Bthin » June 4th, 2005, 6:38 pm

Victoria7-

I think you made terrific choices during your dining out experience. I have only went out to eat a few times since starting MF. I order grilled chicken and a legal veggie or a grilled chicken salad. I like what you said about being able to have anything you want but you were choosing to have what you had ordered. I love the way I am reprogramming myself to make healthy choices. I love when I make a healthy choice and know that I am fueling my body with the correct foods. I have learned so much since starting this journey and can't wait to learn more.

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » June 4th, 2005, 6:48 pm

FANNNNNNNNNNNNTABULOUS!! I could envision you at that fine restaurant and KUDOS for ordering healthy. Ya know....ordering healthy is pretty ENVOUG (sp?) these days anyway. We're all just TOO HIP for the rest of the world hehe

Congratulations and blessings for an awesome week,
CHristi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby doglover » June 5th, 2005, 3:26 pm

GREAT story V7!!! You are really to be applauded and admired! What an inspiration!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby victoria7 » June 5th, 2005, 3:36 pm

Thank you! How else will I make it to the 30lb club, like the two of you, LilMsTexas & doglover??? or the 40lb club, like you, want2bthin???

You are my inspiration & this board is part of why I'm able to be so strong! It's all about support!!!

Thank you!
victoria7

Postby Helen » June 5th, 2005, 6:42 pm

good going! exactly you "chose" to eat this way not that you "cant". i liked your response. and yes cucumbers are allowed but those count towards your veggies.
Helen

Return to The Weight Room