Regular Ranch Dressing???

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Regular Ranch Dressing???

Postby HOPE » February 21st, 2006, 1:10 pm

I was told to take in a little olive oil for the constipation issue! :oops: Can I use regular ranch dressing instead to make up for some of the fat??
Thanks!!!!
HOPE
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby Jan » February 21st, 2006, 8:56 pm

I'd be very very careful about the salad dressing. They are generally loaded with fat, sugar and calories. :x Nancy has done several posts about salad dressing and has always advised caution.
We generally recommend orange-flavored smooth textured Metamucil. Take 1 -2 tsp dissolved in water once a day. You may also try to drink more fluids and depending upon how long you have been on program -- increase exercise a bit. Walking is a good choice.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » February 21st, 2006, 9:24 pm

Usually for the 'dreaded c' (constipation), we suggest increasing water intake and exercise, use some of the orange flavored sugar-free Metamucil 9mix it and drink it right down before it gets thick and gloppy - argh!), some people have had good results with psyllium.

I resorted to a stool softener once in a while called Surfak - I used 2 a day to get things going, then 1 a day; I found that when I ate broccoli and oatmeal frequently, i could cut out the Surfak.

Some of my co-losers used Colace.

Yes, up to 1 tablespoon of canola or olive oil is also listed as an option but remember, oils are very high in calories. 1 teaspoon of most oil varieties has 45 calories, 1 tablespoon is over a 100.

Personally, I'd suggest that you try the other options first. I would definitely read the label before I slurped up any Ranch Dressing - oil of course has no carbs; many Ranch dressings contain carbs, calories and fat unless it is Walden Farms or some other diet dressing and then that defeats your purpose for wanting to use olive or canola oil as a blasting cap!

You may want to read some of my previous posts about constipation by using the search feature. :shock: Constipation is :x NO fun, I feel for ya! :oops:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby DogMa » February 22nd, 2006, 12:17 pm

Sugar-free Benefiber does the trick for me, and I find with all the veggies that I don't need much. I usually add a teaspoon to my broccoli soup in the morning and another teaspoon to my pudding at night, and I'm good to go (uh, literally).

Veggies that are especially helpful for me: broccoli, spinach and green beans.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss