Anyone have a ranch dressing recipe?

Add your favorite recipes.

Anyone have a ranch dressing recipe?

Postby Lulie » May 27th, 2006, 10:38 pm

I would be so grateful if someone has a ranch dressing recipe. I am wanting some ranch dressing soooo bad. We have all this fresh garden lettuce to eat and my family keeps eating ranch dressing on their salads and I want one too! :oops: I am not going to do it, so I have been thinking of what to make a ranch dressing with that might be close to the real thing. I will be getting my guar gum any day now, so that could be used to thicken it up.

Any ideas?

TIA
Start 4/11/06
225/164

If God is leading, I am following.

"I ate myself into this mess, now I gotta starve my way out!"
Lulie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 27th, 2006, 11:09 pm

Hi,
I don't have a recipe, but I do use the Walden Farms ranch dressing. It has no carbs and no fat and very few calories. It's usually in the section above the salad in a bag section of the supermarkets. I've seen it in Publix and Albertson's for sure...It's not TOTALLY ranch, but it's close enough for me!

You can also order it online.

Hope this helps!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » May 27th, 2006, 11:37 pm

I don't eat salad all that often, but when I do (like tonight, actually), I get regular or low-fat dressing on the side and dip my fork in before each bite. You barely use any, and you get to enjoy the flavor with every bite of salad.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby mommaof3boys » May 28th, 2006, 7:50 am

I think portion control is the key when it comes to salad dressings. I hate "fat free" dressings and would rather have full fat or light and use less - I use the dip the fork in the dressing trick always when I am in a restaurant.

I have also found that if at home you use much much less dressing when you toss the salad in the dressing. Usually one tablespoon is enough for 2 cups of salad if you toss it well.

Have you checked out the Hidden Valley Ranch Light? I am not a big ranch dressing person but if I remember correctly, the stats on HVR light are about the same as the medifast ranch dressing.
Medifast start date 5/10/2006

5'6"

151/144/127
mommaof3boys
Trusted Member

Postby sidrah » May 28th, 2006, 12:46 pm

Sorry, I am not a ranch fan. But, I use Walden Farms for other flavors and they are pretty good. If worse comes to worse, I use ranch, but WF is not the exact same as regular ranch.

I am sure there is the powedered mix that cna be modified with additions. If you are using a little and get the gneral feel/flavor, maybe you can work with that?
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Lulie » May 29th, 2006, 9:36 pm

I tried the Hidden Valley FF and it is pretty much tasteless to me. I was hoping to puree some cottage cheese and and some spices to try and mimic ranch dressing. I just don't know what spices might work. I wish I could come up with something decent though. I am really getting sick of FF Italian.

Thanks for the help.
Start 4/11/06
225/164

If God is leading, I am following.

"I ate myself into this mess, now I gotta starve my way out!"
Lulie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby MISSANNE » June 8th, 2006, 12:28 am

The MF Ranch Dressing is excellent! and it comes in individual packs so you always know how much to use
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby just_julie » June 8th, 2006, 6:06 am

To aid in the tossing, I have watered down regualr ranch. When I asked what I water it down with, I reply, "With water!" ;) (It cracked me up when someone asked me that once.) It still has the same taste, but gives a lesser amount the ability to coat your entire salad.
just_julie

Started March 4th (aka my day to go forward)

just_julie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Guest » June 8th, 2006, 7:43 am

I have also mixed creamy dressings (ranch, blue cheese) with low fat italian to help it coat the entire salad and to give it a zing - it is great that way and you can use less of the "creamy" one.

My favorite "light" dressings are the newman's own though - his light balsamic vinagarette is GOOD and makes a great marinade for grilled veggies, kabobs, etc.

Postby LazyD » June 16th, 2006, 8:33 am

1/4t Powder Buttermilk Ranch Mix
1T Low Fat Mayo
1T Low Fat Buttermilk
LazyD

Postby Serendipity » June 16th, 2006, 8:48 am

I use Walden farms dressings. no calories/no fat/no carbs. They have a gazillion flavors, so it might take some trial and error, but most can find one they like. I like the creamy bacon best, but I also like the ranch, thousand island and others.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine