My questions,story,and fear...please help

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

My questions,story,and fear...please help

Postby mclachlanFan » December 19th, 2005, 4:03 pm

Hi, I'm new. I'm 18(19) in a few days and I am weighing about 275 pounds on a 5'7 frame. I have been made fun of and tortured all of my life for my weight. I'm sick of not fitting into clothes that don't look horrible. I'm tired of worrying about fitting on rides at theme parks, and I don't want to have a heart attack in the future. It runs in the family. I am a singer/songwriter with a lot of talent, but I'm terrfified of being laughed off stage.
I want to try medifast, but I'm terrified. I have heard about people dying and heart complications and all sorts of bad things...I want to do it under a Drs. supervision, but I'm just really scared. Please some one ease my mind.
I need to lose about 130lbs. and I want to do it in under a year. I read about an older lady who lost like 152 in 28 weeks, so I thought it would be very doable at my age...someone please help...
I want to be thin so people won't laugh me off the stage
mclachlanFan

Postby big ron » December 19th, 2005, 5:15 pm

Be proud of yourself you are taking your future seriously and that is to be proud of. I want to share with you what I know of MF. I first went on when I was 26 I am now 40 and have been on the program 4 times. I have always had my blood monitered and I can tell you that my health improved everytime. The problem with us obese people is we need to realise that this is a lifetime battle and the earlier you get the handle on it the better. Medifast is an excellent tool for us to use. It is by far one of the healthiest ways to lose weight. You should look at the 5 and one program which allows a meal a day. This may make you feel more secure, The benefit with MF is you are guarenteed to get the recomendede levels of nutrician while having a very low caloric intake. If you try to diet in the tradittional way and restrict calories you run the risk of missing elements. In the past I have lost 150# and felt great. I am currently on the plan again hopefully for the last big time as with all programs it doesnt end when the diet ends that is the beginning. Also dont let anyone stop you from achieving your goals many may try. :goodluck: Good luck. Ron
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby mclachlanFan » December 19th, 2005, 6:11 pm

Thank you....you have put my mind at ease...I will be thin soon(according to the results I see here) and I can't wait...to look better and feel better...Thanks Ron, and goodluck to you! :mrgreen:
mclachlanFan

Weight loss

Postby Jan » December 19th, 2005, 6:23 pm

Hi There,
We've all heard the weight loss horror stories. :( Don't let them scare you. These horror stories do not involve Medifast. :D Medifast is a medical program for weight loss and nutrition tested at Johns Hopkins. It contains no cafine or any other stimulate and it is very safe.
I think most of the horror stories we have heard involve things such as ephedra -- which has now been banned -- but unfortunately is making it's way back a bit. Sneaking into some products and getting around the ban. It used to be found in several products and has been linked to deaths -- most likely heart failures. But, we know pills are never the way to go with regard to parting with the pounds. In fact I just read an article about diet pills . In the article it was stated that they are very very ineffective. The average weight loss using the pills was a mere one pound per month. All they help you to part with is your money! :x
In order to part with the pounds please follow the Medifast program exactly. If you decide to do the full 6 meal replacements per day with no lean and green please have a Dr. follow your progress. If you take medications sometimes they must be adjusted. Your Dr. may want to do blood work as well and just monitor your progress. We want you to lose in a fast and safe manner. Don't worry you will. It takes compliance and will power but I know you can do it. Look to your future and learn from the past. I know you think you have a good deal to lose -- and you certainly do have some -- but it is very very doable and many have lost more.
I'll look forward to hearing how you're doing. I'm happy to see that you are taking control at a young age rather than waiting for things to only get worse.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Welcome to the Forum

Postby CarmenM » December 19th, 2005, 6:39 pm

Hi MclachlanFan!!! Well, first of all i'd like to welcome you to the forum. When i read your post i couldn't help but reply to it, i feel like i can relate a lot to you. I am also 19 and weigh around the same as you, I started in September and i've lost about 45lbs already and you dont know how happy i am to have found Medifast. I know how it feels to go threw all of those things that you mentioned (I think we all here do) I know that you might be scared.. but there is nothing to worry about, trust us, Medifast is safe and it WORKS!! Well, i wish you luck and I hope you begin Medifast soon, you wont regret it.. in fact, you will wish that you had found it sooner.
~Carmen~

CarmenM
Regular Member - #60 Club

Postby big ron » December 19th, 2005, 6:44 pm

By the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY My son is the same age he turns 19 in February. This is the best birthday present you can do for yourself :birthday: :candle: :partytime:
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby mclachlanFan » December 19th, 2005, 7:36 pm

Thank you all...I think this is a beautiful board! It is very welcoming! I appreciate all of the support and kind words...thanks Ron for the happy birthday! I turn 19 Jan.2 so maybe what..two weeks...yea, I think it's about time I made a change...I will get Medifast as soon as I can...shouldn't be long...just need the cash...I cannot wait...Wow to think that in possibly under a year, my dream could be realized...Thank you all*big hug*
mclachlanFan

Postby Nancy » December 19th, 2005, 10:00 pm

Dear mclachlanFan ~

There are many of us that can relate to your fears and your experiences with being ridiculed for our weight also. Sometimes people are afraid that this program works for everyone else but that it may not work for them. Please know that with Medifast, you will safely and rapidly lose weight.

I have used a lot of programs and products over the years in my quest to reach a normal weight - not all of them were safe and not all were legal...Medifast has been used for 25 years so this is not a fad diet and certainly is a program that has been proven clinically to be effective.

To be successful one merely needs to follow the program.

I lost 135 pounds in 7 months (28 weeks) and I am not a youngster...my life has been radically changed and I am healthier and happier than I have ever been.

Our 5 and 1 Program works well because it is convenient for busy people and there is no guesswork - just rip open a packet, mix it with water and drink it down or microwave for a couple of minutes - you eat every two to three hours and in a matter of a few days, hunger and ravings go away.

I love the program, the products and the people here are tremendous! Best of health to you as you seek your way. I wanna see you on stage and hear you on the radio!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Serendipity » December 20th, 2005, 5:24 am

Hi mclachlanfan, Welcome to our group. I couldn't possibly say it any better than the previous responders. I just want to tell you that trying Medifast may be the best Christmas present you could give yourself. Within a week, you will be asking yourself why you didn't try it sooner. It really works and if followed correctly, it is easy. Good luck to you.

BTW, I'm a mclachlan fan, too. I love her Christmas song.....can't remember the name at the moment. I've been a fan for a long time and have all of her CD's :D
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby mclachlanFan » December 20th, 2005, 12:10 pm

BTW, I'm a mclachlan fan, too. I love her Christmas song.....can't remember the name at the moment. I've been a fan for a long time and have all of her CD's :D

Awesome, She is excellent! Shes my role model! Thank you for the kind words, and thank you all for the encouragement...it really has helped make up my mind to try medifast...once I get the cash to do it, I'll be on my way!
mclachlanFan

Postby mclachlanFan » December 20th, 2005, 12:45 pm

Some more new questions....
I cannot afford to do this plan for the rest of my life, I have to take it off and keep it off...Aslong as I eat healthy and exercise after going off the plan my weight should maintain right?
I actually like water, what if I drank more than 64oz a day? Would it hurt me because the plan is designed for that exact amount of water? I could drink probably around anywhere from 80oz to a gallon a day...water is a good thing to me...I like it!
Am I allowed to exercise with this plan....I know that sounds stupid, but I really want to know all I can before doing anything, I'm very paranoid when it comes to death, maybe that explains all the questions.
One last thing:Which medifast is right for me? I saw 55,70, and a lot of other stuff, which one is right? Thank you all!
mclachlanFan

Take Shape for Life

Postby Jan » December 20th, 2005, 6:49 pm

Hi McL"
Hmmmm right now my friend Nancy is only a blur-- she is running like mad!! I had coffe with her today -- the first time in a week!! We generally have coffee almost every day!! But soon, her busy life will calm a bit and she'll be back to help. In the meantime let me reassure you that this program is a complete program. That is we help you part with the pounds and then when you are at your goal weight we will make certain you know how to maintain the weight loss. We have a transistion plan as well as a maintenance plan. It is all very easy, spelled out for you and very doable.
Don't worry you'll be able to part with the pounds and then stay at that weight. That's why the plan is called Take Shape for Life. That is exactly what we want you to do.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » December 20th, 2005, 9:37 pm

Thank you, Vicky and Jan for replying to McLachlanFan. I sent her a PM but have not heard back from her.

re:
...As long as I eat healthy and exercise after going off the plan my weight should maintain right?

Yes, yes! The answer is yes! Our goal of course is to reduce your weight to an appropriate healthy weight and then for you to stay there. It can be done in many ways - making healthful food choices and exercising most every day for the rest of your days. Many people are able to manage this quite well with low fat, low calorie foods and others utilize several Medifast packets per day along with their low fat healthy meals because they prefer the convenience and the soy protein for their heart health.

Exercise can be added once a person begins their fourth week on the program.

We suggest that you drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water and you may drink more - up to 96 ounces or so.

When a person places their first order they receive a booklet called the "Quick Start Booklet" and it has all the juicy details of the program.

re:
I'm very paranoid when it comes to death

Most of us are...there is no need to worry about DEATH from our program - we reduce our size, not the population! Our program is nutritionally sound, well-balanced and with 25 years behind us, over 15k doctors have used it with their patients, over a million customers, etc. I'm a wife, a Momma, a Grammy, a daughter, a sister and a friend - I don't plan on checking out any too soon - I have a whole lotta livin' left to do and whole lotta people I wanna help - I eat this stuff every day and as soon as he gets a few months older, so will our grandson – not for weight loss but because this is good healthy food!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby mclachlanFan » December 20th, 2005, 9:54 pm

Thank you! I think I'm completely at ease now, and I want so badly to try this program because I want so badly to feel better about myself. I don't want to worry about my heart, and I want to be able to do things without getting out of breath quickly. I'm ready to order and start. I should be ready to order in about 2 weeks(cash short=college student) thank you for all of your replys and your help!

Oh and Nancy, I haven't recieved a pm yet, hmm maybe I will get it shortly...Thank you all so much again, I'm so eager, and I cannot wait to start a new life for myself!
mclachlanFan

Postby Unca_Tim » December 21st, 2005, 12:36 am

Hi McFan and welcome,
:wave:
The PM's here are instantaneous, and unless Nancy didn't get her clicky quite right, you should have her msg in your inbox.

Look at the top of the page and see if you see a link that says:
"You have 1 new message" or something like that.

If you see a link that says:
"You have no new message" click on that and see if there's a msg in your inbox.

Lemme know if it came through.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Next

Return to Weight Loss