Question for those of you with experience??

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Question for those of you with experience??

Postby saraak » March 16th, 2006, 5:29 pm

This diet just continues to amaze me with how quick others and myself are losing. Now I know this diet says it saves our muscle but is this really true that we're losing all fat this quick?? I'm curious to know from all of you that have lost a lot on this diet. Have you noticed not a lot of muscle loss on this diet? Or do you start to exercise to keep it up so you don't look saggy? Thanks guy!!
saraak

Postby ljm498 » March 16th, 2006, 5:43 pm

Hi Saraak! Well, I'm 85lbs down with just a few to go and I can tell you that most of what I have lost is, indeed, fat. I'm at 129.5 right now and my bodyfat % is 23.8 which according to the online charts puts me at fitness level. I do not exercise other than an abdominal routine I do 3 times a week and have only been doing for about 2 months now or so. I don't advocate this, but this is what has worked for me so far. Once I go on maintenance I will have to up my exercise, needless to say. But, as far as saggy skin goes, that's largely determined by a few factors such as age, skin elasticity, how much is lost overall, how long one has been over weight etc. But yeah, you lose the fat, keep the muscle.

Hope that helped and good luck! :D
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby DogMa » March 16th, 2006, 8:24 pm

You're always going to lose SOME muscle on a diet. Muscle-sparing plans like this one ensure that that loss is minimal, though, and that MOST of what you lose is fat.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Lose the fat

Postby Jan » March 16th, 2006, 8:25 pm

Hi Saraak,
You will part with the fat and save your muscle. But you must follow the program exactly. No fooling around. :mrgreen: If you play with the program we can't know for certain what will happen. :? Follow exactly and you won't be worrying about lost muscle. After the first three weeks you can exercise to tone up the muscle a bit but remember 45 minutes is the limit.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to Weight Loss