Question for Nancy

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Question for Nancy

Postby Carrie » May 14th, 2004, 9:23 am

Nancy,

We were talking about the # of meals in another post and your answers made me wonder about a situation I'm having.

I WAS doing well with 5 MF meals a day, usually like so: 7am, 10am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm. Probably once a week I would opt for the lean/green. And my body settled into about 100-120oz of water a day.

On May 1st I moved into a new 3rd floor apt, and I am under a tremendous amount of stress with a looming deadline at work, all the while trying to get unpacked and settled. Up until this time, I felt physically great on MF. Didn't need caffeine at all, was sleeping less, had energy. Until last week, when it all seemed to catch up with me and now I have felt awful for several days - physically and mentally drained.

My legs are still adjusting to numerous flights of stairs a day (at the very least 8), and I am walking to work now (only 3 blocks), but it is still more physically than I am used to doing.

I guess I just assumed that if I felt good under normal circumstances then I should still feel good now, and it seems like the worst of it would have been over, with the physical move completed. But I have really been struggling lately and worst of all the scale has actually gone UP almost 5 pounds! Which of course makes me feel worse! I do know that earlier in the week for 2-3 days my water dropped off to around 60oz a day. Could this have caused the gain?

Also could my trouble be that until things get back to semi-normal I need more than the 5 MF meals - a few extra grams of protein a day? It just doesn't seem like I could go from feeling so good to so poorly, but maybe I am underestimating the effects of the recent changes in my life.

What do you think?
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » May 17th, 2004, 7:40 pm

Carrie ~

Yikes! You are burning up lot of calories with those hikes up the stairs and packing and unpacking all those boxes. Most likely your bod is in a frenzy looking for food and you may very well not be giving it enough to compensate for the additional calorie expenditures of late.

Let me suggest that you have some bouillon or Fast Soup, try to get some rest. Did you read my Newsletter last month of stress? Stress is a weight loss buster - really! It affects our weight loss and it IS hard to merely de-stress just because some one says to do it! Easier said than done - how well I know!

Try to get some rest. Some how! You don’t have to unpack all of your household stuff in one week!
Find an outlet to de-stress, dump as much as you can! See a funny movie and crack up!
Have some bouillon.
Perhaps add a sixth Medifast meal.

Let me know how you are doing! That five pound gain is temporary! If you are doing just what you said you were doing - eating on time. having all of your shakes/Medifast meals and not sneaking in any donuts, ice cream, chips, wine, etc...it WILL come off! Trust me.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss