2 Nancy's!

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

2 Nancy's!

Postby oregonrose » June 14th, 2005, 7:22 pm

HI! I feel so lucky to be right across the River from Nancy and Terry. We met at Starbucks for a coffee and a couple of samples. What an inspiration she and Terry are! what nice people.
Nancy is the real deal who walks the walk! :walk:
it was chilly and pretty dark but we got a picture anyways! I will use it as my official "before" photo. new "during" and "after" photos will follow!

keeeeeep shakin'! nancy
Knowledge is power
oregonrose
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby martha » June 14th, 2005, 8:20 pm

Don't the two of you look Great together.. I am sooo envious :o :o what a great picture to have as a before picture and with nancy there it will keep you motivated...good luck and i look forward to seeing less of you in your next picture :lol: :lol: --Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LilMsTexas » June 15th, 2005, 2:31 am

Oh how fun!! Two sassy gals out at the Starbucks!! Your hair is ADORABLE! I love seeing all these pictures and now when you're at goal you and Nancy can play "dress up" and get you a tiny little tiger suit too 8) hehe AWESOME!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby want2Bthin » June 15th, 2005, 6:47 am

You two are so cute! You are lucky to be so close to Nancy! I bet she was a blast to meet. You both are beautiful!

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby dlr2424 » June 15th, 2005, 9:32 am

Nancy...... :wavie: .....thank you for posting that picture...........it's nice to put a face to a name........ :D ......and I agree......Nancy is the real deal..... :heart: ....walks the walk....... :yeah: ......beautiful physically as well as inner..... :rose: .......I'm happy you are close enough.........she will be a great inspiration for you.........keep on shakin..... :yay: .....i'm looking so forward to the next set of pictures..... :yes: ...
donna.....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

thanks!

Postby oregonrose » June 15th, 2005, 4:36 pm

Thanks for the support, all, It is sort of hard to post a photo where I look so fat. I have to say that I have been totally energized and motivated this week and have been totally good! I made a big copy of the photo and put it up on my fridge for all to see-- mostly me! At work today I went to the all day 8th grade partry with my special ed kids and took 2 ready to drinks-- didnt eat the subway sandwiches, the ice cream sandwiches or the cookies! just a few baby carrots and a strawberry! (I know, lots of carbs-- but still a great choice as far as I was concerned.) cant wait till roll call on Sunday! thanks again, nancy :wavie: :wavie:
Knowledge is power
oregonrose

Postby dlr2424 » June 15th, 2005, 4:56 pm

......... :hmmm: ........Special Ed teachers hold a very special place in my heart...... :yes: ......God Bless them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........I have an 8th grader who has an IEP and this was her first year without sp ed...... :yes: .....totally mainstreamed..............thanks to her Special Ed teachers....... :hug: .......
Donna.....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby DonicaB » June 16th, 2005, 6:17 am

Nancy~~I know what you mean about it being hard to post a picture when you feel so bad about how you look. I had a really hard time with that myself. Everyone here made me feel so good though. These people are so wonderful. I'm glad you posted your picture, it is so nice to see who I am talking to.

You are a beautiful woman, Nancy, and I too love the hair. I have been growing mine out and it is about to drive me crazy. :nana:

I can't wait to see more pictures of you in the future.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » June 17th, 2005, 12:08 am

Oregon Rose Nancy ~

Terry and I enjoyed our Saturday night journey to the Westside to visit with you and Bill.

It was a real pleasure to meet you and I am so happy that our meeting and the pictures spurred you on this week and kept you on the road to Thinville.

You made great choices to be prepared with those shakes and you did an awesome job avoiding tempting foods at the 8th grade party. The last week of school can be very food-oriented and the stress can find many teachers with their hands in a bag of m&m’s…(I know all about it...I taught school for 22 years and worked with children with dyslexia. I ate a LOT of peanut m&m's...)

You are focused on getting to your goal and I am confident that you will make it! Your husband is supportive and that is a good thing!

Folks, it was very chilly the night we met - breezy and it was almost dark. Starbuck’s was closing and the four of us huddled outside at a little table sipping our coffee. Nancy is outgoing and a real sweetie! She recognized me right away when Terry and I strolled into ‘bucky’s – I was wearing my leather pants and a filmy little animal print poncho – because I can!

When Oregon Rose gets to her goal weight, I wonder what she’ll be wearing in our reunion photo!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » June 28th, 2005, 6:00 am

Oregon Rose Nancy...how lucky you are to have Nancy and Terry literally in your corner of the world! What a nice way to meet up.

Nancy P, you look fantastic as always and I will always hear your in my head with your saying of "BECAUSE I CAN!" what a great motto!

You both look great!!! Thanks for sharing your picture with us!
Sheila
Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

thanx

Postby oregonrose » June 28th, 2005, 8:19 am

hi! thanks, i feel lucky , too. I am already thinking about what I wil wear when we get together when I am thin. I always wanted to get thin enough to look cute in a sweater set-- sounds pretty consevative, I know. I'm thinking I will also have a little black dress to look cute in, too. Maybe I will have to do an animal print "because I can!!! Ha, so much to look forward to. hmmmm. leather pants? might be too much for me..... but maybe........... :twisted: :kool: :hmmm:
Knowledge is power
oregonrose

Postby Nancy » June 28th, 2005, 10:18 am

Thanks, Kids!

Nancy, you will be able to wear whatever you want to when you reach your goal and you will feel so proud of your accomplishment. I heard your husband Bill tell you that you may buy whatever you want to when you reach your goal.

Start cleaning out your closet NOW, begin planning and looking for the things you will wear when you reach your goal and stay focused on being a slender healthy woman. Work on saying positive self-affirmations.

re: Leather pants...I have a new pair of RED Leather pants and they are HOT! I wore them Friday night at the Take Shape For Life Conference when Terry and I spoke during the opening session - Because I can!

We'll post some new pictures very soon - still trying to recover from the 6500 foot elevation, time change, no sleep for a week, etc. I think I got to bed at 3:30 AM each morning and up again at 6:15 AM...not because I wanted to...it was a blast! We saw so many people and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

People, keep on keeping on - hold one another accountable for your meal plans, stay focused on your goal of becoming healthy (not necessarily a particular dress size, pant size or number on the scale, but rather an improved state of well-being and optimal weight for your height. Get your BMI to 25 or below, begin to exercise and eat low fat/lean and low cal...because you CAN, if only you WILL...)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Studio