Question about Shoe Sizes =)

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Question about Shoe Sizes =)

Postby CarmenM » December 11th, 2005, 10:34 pm

Hello everyone!! Well I know this might be a silly question but some people have told me that when you loose the weight, you even loose shoe sizes? Have any of you lost some shoe sizes? If so, how many? Just wondering
~Carmen~

CarmenM
Regular Member - #60 Club

Postby Nancy » December 12th, 2005, 9:50 am

Hi, CarmenM ~

Nope, this is not a silly question at all! My shoe size changed in width but unfortunately not in its length - I still wear a size 11 shoe!

The shoe size for women can change when they are preggers because of the hormones that are released to relax their ligaments to allow for childbirth - the width and sometimes the length of their foot therefore enlarges and for some, it never returns to its original position.

Perhaps we can find some Medifoot and reduce our shoe sizes a bit, eh? Let's see what others have to say!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Serendipity » December 12th, 2005, 6:44 pm

CarmenM, I haven't lost a shoe size, but I have lost width. I have a pair of penny loafers that were way too tight before and they fit now. It just makes sense that as we shrink in other places, our feet shrink, too.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby LuzInIt » December 12th, 2005, 6:48 pm

Hi Carmen. I've lost 115 pounds and at least one shoe size. I wore an 8 1/2 M when I was 28. Then I got preggie twice (at 30 & 31) and really fat... forever. My size for the last 25 years has been an 11W. Right now, I'm wearing a 10M, and last week slipped into my daughters size 9.5 old marching band shoes. And I still have 75 pounds to lose. Pretty cool, huh! Good luck with those footsies. I thought the only way I could ever lose a shoe size would be to cut off my toes :shock: .
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Gwenski » December 13th, 2005, 10:16 am

Carmen,

So, not only are my pants falling off but I have walked right out of a couple of pairs of shoes. :oops:

The shoes freaked me out. I ran and put on the thickest socks I had so they would stay on. Guess there will be shoe shopping in the New Year....shucks. ;) Seems to be more width than lenght but I went from a 7 to and 8 and it seems that it may simply have been to accomodate the width.

Hey Serendipity, my High School penny loafer fit again too -- yahoo!! :mrgreen:
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski

Return to Weight Loss