PLEASE Help: Fatigue?!?!?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

PLEASE Help: Fatigue?!?!?

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 5th, 2007, 1:19 pm

Anyone else experiencing – or experienced – extreme fatigue during the weight loss phase? Today is my 64th day and for the past week or so I have been SUPER fatigued!! I was feeling tons of energy and overall I felt great. But now…I just feel like I can’t make it through the day.

No, I’m not pregnant :)!

Yes, I am positively still in ketosis!

Yes, I am getting in my 64 ounces of water - - usually more.

Any thoughts? I am about to go take a quick nap, I am finding it hard to keep my eyes open – even with plenty of sleep at night.

I hope someone has ideas!!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby bikipatra » December 5th, 2007, 2:31 pm

Some days I did, especially after a loss of 2 pounds or more in a day or after exercising a lot. But you aren't officially exercising but I don't know how active your day is. Are you doing more?
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Mike » December 5th, 2007, 2:34 pm

Kym,

I believe you are doing a 6-0 program mostly and I know that you are probably doing some exercise. As you exercise, or are more active, we use up more calories and that may be leading to your loss of energy. Try doing a 5-1 or adding a shake during your more active part of the day to see if that helps.

It could also be from more junk being released from those pesky fat cells as you burn the ketones so you could add in some more pure water.

Just ideas... try them and see if they help.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 5th, 2007, 2:48 pm

Thanks, y'all.

I'm not working out yet and I am busy busy in my life but not active busy - make sense? So I don't think my activity level has increased.

Maybe more water will help - - I know I am getting 64 ounces but after that I stop counting whereas I used to record it all. So perhaps I am getting less than I was before - although, again, I know I get the minimum.

I've noticed I am MOOOOODY! I mean, MOOODY! I thought I was irritable because I am tired, who wouldn't be? Then I saw a post about (I think from DogMa) fat cells releasing more estrogen bla bla. I have noticed a change (sorry Mike) in my cycle too so maybe this is all related. I've stopped tracking those wonderful diet Dr. Peppers too and I bet I am having more of those instead of extra water.....<sigh>

OK, I'll push water and see if that helps cause I'm telling you, I can hardly hold my eyes open! I feel lethargic I am THAT tired!

Any other thoughts????

Oh, and yes, I am doing the complete plan/full fast except on holidays I do 5 & 1.

(Mike: FYI Greta got her food today! YIPEEE She's supposed to start tomorrow. )
Out*With*The*Old

Postby Serendipity » December 5th, 2007, 3:23 pm

Hmmmm, I get extra tired and quite moody for at least a week before aunt flo visits. Of course my moods are are not my fault, my husband is just especially annoying and I am less tolerant. :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 5th, 2007, 3:29 pm

Jo, I do wonder if that is it. It's so hard to tell though because TOM isn't really acting normal - - it's almost like all of the syptoms are there but nothing else, if you get my drift :-). So, I think TOM is in town but dunno for sure - - its been this way since starting MF but this is the first time I have felt so darn moody and tired.
Out*With*The*Old

Postby bikipatra » December 5th, 2007, 3:30 pm

Have you considered Seasonal Afffective Disorder? Google it.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 5th, 2007, 3:35 pm

Thanks, Biki - I don't have the other signs and it's really not at all like winter here. Now if I were still living in the snow, maybe - lol. Hated that stuff :-)

I'm chugging water - - hoping its a horrid case of PMS.
Out*With*The*Old

Postby bikipatra » December 5th, 2007, 3:39 pm

I hope it passes soon! Try the water!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby KellyC » December 7th, 2007, 8:21 am

Are you feeling any better?
I too have been extremely tired lately, falling asleep sitting up at work even. But for me, when life gets too stressful or depressing, the tiredness sets in, to the point where I will fall asleep anywhere, anytime. It would be funny if it wasn't scary sometimes.

Seasonal Affective Disorder... wow, they put a name to it. When I was a kid, every year my mom would freak out and have me tested for mono because come winter time, I would do nothing but sleep. I was tested for everything you can imagine, and they never came up with anything but a mild case of anaemia.

Moving to Canada has made it even worse, the days are much shorter here in fall and winter than they were in Georgia. But in summer, it stays light out until like 10:00.. it's so strange.
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » December 7th, 2007, 3:14 pm

bikipatra wrote:Some days I did, especially after a loss of 2 pounds or more in a day or after exercising a lot. But you aren't officially exercising but I don't know how active your day is. Are you doing more?

even tho it wasn't in a day, you had a 4.8lb loss last week, maybe that shook up those fat cells and toxins??? Like everyone is saying, try more water, hope it helps. STAY AWAY from all those diet dr. peppers, maybe you are becoming artificial sweetener sensitive. We are loading our bodies with aspartame while OP.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 7th, 2007, 3:35 pm

You know, I really think it was HORRID PMS! I've had other PMS things going on this week that were a bit off too - - it's just not something that has ever happened to me before. and yes, I did wonder if the loss last week did me in.

I have been feeling better fatigue wise. I have tried to have more water but I've also gone to bed at 9:30 the past two nights - which I am sure helped. Today I woke up sick (chills, sore throat, etc) so maybe I was coming down with something - - or maybe I am just lucky enough to get sick on TOP of the crappy PMS. LOL

<sigh> This too shall pass.......I'm off to fix me a bowl of soup :)
Out*With*The*Old

Postby Diana » December 7th, 2007, 5:48 pm

Glad that mystery is solved!!

(I have Gretta's welcome pack sitting here on my computer!! I can't believe I forgot to mail it! So glad you two will be in this together - it's makes a real difference!)
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Return to Weight Loss