Fatigue

Questions/Comments about Women's Health Products.

Fatigue

Postby Susiemama » September 13th, 2008, 4:53 pm

Hello, friends...

I lost about 60 pounds two years ago with Medifast and then another 40 off the program. I then gained 80% of the weight back very quickly. I have been back on Medifast now for nearly three weeks and have lost about 15 pounds which is great. What I don't remember from the last time, was this overwhelming fatigue. For the past week, just going about my daily chores and errands exhausts me. It's quite possible that I have simply forgotten that this occurred the first time around. I am following the program to the letter and drinking plenty of water and rest. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance, Susan
Susiemama

Postby cindyjones008 » September 13th, 2008, 5:01 pm

I felt exhausted, and I am under medical supervision. My doctor told me that I needed to take potasium.

I have no idea if that has anything to do with what may be causing your fatigue.

My doctor also told me to take a daily multivitamin.
cindyjones008

Postby rodeomom » September 13th, 2008, 6:26 pm

The fatigue is not unusual. This is why the experts recommend that you cut your exercise/activities in half for the first month or so while your body adjusts to the lower caloric intake and basic change in nutrition. The fatigue normally subsides after a few weeks, if it doesn't you should consult your physician.

If you do take a multi-vitamin (which is not usually necessary on the program, but follow your Dr's recommendations) make sure it does not contain sugar. Even the small amount of sugar/carbs in the vitamin can keep you from fat burning stage.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » September 17th, 2008, 9:18 am

The other question I have is which version are you doing .. 6-0 or 5-1. If its the 6-0 you need to be closely monitored by your Dr. and also might want to consider an extra something on days you have extra activity.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Susiemama » September 17th, 2008, 1:43 pm

I've been trying to post a reply for days but, for some reason, am blocked. I want to say thanks to those of you who responded!! I so appreciate the time you took to answer my question. It turns out to have been a potassium deficiency!! After the first response, I looked up the symptoms and they fit me to a "t". By that time, my heart was fluttering, too. I went off Medifast to enjoy a few days of apricots, OJ, cantalope, potatoes and plain yogurt and was given a supplement. I am already feeling better. Thank you all again for your responses!! Bes to all.
Susan
Susiemama

Return to Women's Health