Pickles

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Pickles

Postby swedishgirl » January 27th, 2004, 4:25 pm

Hi everyone!
I've got a question. I read in a newsletter or post (I can't remember exactly) that you can have a pickle if you want. Does that mean a whole dill pickle, a pickle slice or what? I can't drink boullion because it gives me lots of GI distress for some reason, but a pickle sure would satisfy my taste for salt! :lol: Can someone help?

I'm finishing my 26th day on the program and feel so much better already! My knees don't hurt as much, I can walk upstairs without panting and I'm sleeping better! I am so thankful for this program and especially for all the help and encouragement I've received from this board.

God bless you all!
Swedishgirl
swedishgirl
Regular Member - #80 Club

Postby Ellen » January 27th, 2004, 4:37 pm

Hi Swedishgirl,
Welcome! I'm not sure of the "official" stance on the pickle thing, but I know that some people are having a dill pickle (one per day max) as a treat. I would check the nutrition label on the jar and look at the calories. Since pickles have no fat, I'd say that if they had less than 15 calories or so, it probably wouldn't hurt as long as you limit it to one daily so you don't throw of the salt and fluid balance.

Congratulations on all your success so far and welcome. Hope to hear more from you.
Ellen
248/216/125
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby finalstraw » January 27th, 2004, 4:51 pm

I second that request, what size pickle? :?
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby SneezyKitten » January 29th, 2004, 4:24 am

Read the nutriotional label to determine if your favorite pickle applies. I used the Kosher Dills by Valesec (sp??) and they are ten calories for a small to medium size dill (5 calories per serving and a serving on their label is 1/2 a pickle). Sweet pickles, by nature, have too much sugar to use. I am sure the huge deli dills you buy for 50 cents out of the barrel are too big (too bad so sad!). I seem to remember that pickles were in Success in a Shaker jar too.
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Dill Pickles are your friends

Postby Nancy » January 30th, 2004, 12:51 pm

Sure, you may have dill pickles. They are tasty, crunchy and satisfy that salt hunger that some people experience. Keep up with your water intake to wash out any excess fluid as we hate that gnarly water retention. I make my own pickles every summer and we enjoy them often around our cottage. I have enjoyed two pickles a day MANY times and still released weight. Balance those dills with plenty of water!

I'm not going to say that you must eat a particular brand, however Vlasics are just great. When we go to parties, I pick a pickle when others are scarfing handfuls of chips and dips.
Last edited by Nancy on January 30th, 2004, 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby swedishgirl » January 30th, 2004, 4:55 pm

Thanks everyone for your advice! I will be careful as I enjoy my pickle! I just received Success in a Shaker Jar this week and am looking forward to delving into it this weekend! We're supposed to get snow in Denver so it'll be perfect to have a reason to stay in, keep warm and read to my heart's content! Hope everyone is hanging in there - we are all on our way!
Swedishgirl
swedishgirl
Regular Member - #80 Club

Return to Weight Loss