Peanut Butter Scare

Questions/Comments about Ordering Products.

Peanut Butter Scare

Postby Susie Q » January 21st, 2009, 8:06 pm

Just wondering if anyone has heard any Medifast statements regarding the safety (or not) of the Peanut Butter bars with all of the PB recalls??

TIA :)

Susie :heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby nickieluv » January 21st, 2009, 9:03 pm

I read just tonight on the other MF boards that MF announced none of their products is involved in the recall/scare. Don't know where that info came from officially, but that's what it said.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Susie Q » January 22nd, 2009, 6:41 am

Thanks, Nicki! I was worried as I'm out of town with mostly PB bars - - I would have been in trouble :)

Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby Nancy » January 22nd, 2009, 5:16 pm

Not to worry any further there, Little Darlin'.

Everything is okie doke with your bars. Thankfully, there is no indication that any Medifast products are impacted by the peanut recall. Whew! :lol:

I made a post earlier today in A Message From Your Hosts. I tired to include the copy of the letter from corp but :x could not insert it.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Susie Q » January 22nd, 2009, 5:31 pm

Thanks, as always, for the info, Nancy! I'm becoming a MF PB bar addict over here :) Although, I think I am going to have to cut back......there is one slight negative reaction my body has to something in the new bars :roflmao:

I've wondered if I'm the only one..... :huh:

Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby Nancy » January 22nd, 2009, 6:43 pm

:glasses: Well, Hoo Boy! There are some subjects that are a little hard to write about and yet I feel I must respond here.

Some people are sensitive to sugar alcohols and the bars have Malitol Syrup as one of the ingredients.

:oops: Uh, truth be told, I am one who is very sensitive to it and the fermenting process in the intestines can be gnarly...therefore, when I am about to embark on an airplane adventure, I refrain from scarfing bars that list Malitol as one of the top ingredients...the PB Crunch, Choc Crunch and S'more seem to be best options for me. :mrgreen:

Caramel Crunch are :twisted: dangerous for me; I'd hate to shoot a hole in the seat...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Susie Q » January 22nd, 2009, 7:56 pm

Nancy wrote::glasses: Well, Hoo Boy! There are some subjects that are a little hard to write about and yet I feel I must respond here.

Some people are sensitive to sugar alcohols and the bars have Malitol Syrup as one of the ingredients.

:roflmao: I got a chuckle out of your response, Nancy :). I didn't want to 'spell it out' and I didn't find an emoticon that captured what I was trying not to say :) I figured anyone who had the same issue would know what I meant :)

I must be extremely sensitive as the bars you mentioned are the only ones I've tried :). I'm thinking of cutting back - - but, it does help me not to have the sand box issues I had last time on MF so there is a bright side....

Thanks for the giggle :lol:

Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Return to Order Info