A Parade to save

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

A Parade to save

Postby Seaside » March 18th, 2007, 12:47 pm

Anybody see today's issue of Parade magazine in your Sunday paper? I think it is a keeper (you can read it online at parade dot com). There were two great articles in the paper today: one on how to stop the aging process -- who knew? -- and a very good article on making more time for yourself. I'm saving the magazine to read later.

There's also an article on better sex but I won't tell you about that. You'll have to read it for yourself. Seems like it combines those first two articles to make a very unusual fitness routine. :oops:
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Sojourner » March 20th, 2007, 10:58 am

Hey, thanks for this post!
I was away from home over the weekend and hadn't seen Sunday's paper, nor would I have, had you not given the heads up about it. I took the article on aging to class yesterday. It's an Adulthood and Aging class (Human Development), so this was just perfect. My professor hadn't seen the article either and read the whole thing aloud to the class, as it touched on several issues we had been studying the week before.

Great timing, Seaside! Thanks!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » March 22nd, 2007, 10:19 am

That was a GREAT article!

Dr. Andersen speaks about the sad facts regarding families of today.
Due to poor nutrition and lack of exercise, this may be the first generation that parents outlive their children unless there are changes made in their lifestyles.

:scratch: Interesting that our taste bud cells live only a few hours and our muscle cells live about three months…I used to spend w-a-y more time focusing on my ‘buds and they were so short-lived.
Who’dda thunk it? :huh:

I :heart: loved the line, “Whether that body is functionally younger or older is a choice you make by how you live.” (Dr. Henry S. Lodge, published March 18, 2007)

We can apply that same thought in this way,

"Whether our body is healthy, trim and fit is a choice you make by how you live.”

If we truly want to be healthier, then we must do the things that lead to health.

The things we do take us toward health or away from health.

There is an accumulative effect.

A handful of ‘tater chips today most likely will have an insignificant impact on my hips and arteries; daily chippin’ and dippin’ will gradually accumulate and will have a significant impact on the scale, my heart health and my mental health as well as my physical health.

:shock: Now ya know I am not implying that chips’ll make ya mentally :eyecrazy: unstable and lead you to the admitting room of the nearest sanitarium, but when I am overweight, I am not feeling very good in my mind – I am :uhuh: unhappy, my :table: self-esteem is in the dumper, I don’t :no: wanna go anywhere, I am :snooze: sluggish and :deadhorse: hateful.

Eating :eat: healthy and :weightlift: doing healthy stuff = a healthy me

Eating :popcorn: unhealthy and doing :poke: unhealthy stuff = an :redhead: unhealthy me

Which one do I want? :huh:

“Whether that body is functionally younger or older is a choice you make by how you live.”

I wanna functionally younger and healthier bod and life :bouncie:

‘cuse me while I :runner: run up and down the stairs 20 times and do my crunches…
:bananadance:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to What's Shakin'