Out of town too soon

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Out of town too soon

Postby chgogrl » September 14th, 2005, 12:05 pm

Hiya,

As I have said, I just started the program and I am 5 days into it. I am leaving to visit some friends on the 23rd and returning on the 29th.

I'll only have been on the program for 2 weeks at that time. Does it make any sense for me to try and haul my food and shakes with me? Or can I possibly revert to simply following a low carb regime while I am gone? The low carb diets never worked for me long-term but I can handle it for a week much easier than trying to do low fat AND low carb while on a vacation of sorts.

I know that it may in fact stall my weight loss but I am hoping to at least not gain back what I have lost.

Any advice?
Chicago Girl
chgogrl

Postby dlr2424 » September 14th, 2005, 12:22 pm

chgogrl...........It is SIMPLE AS CAN BE to take your packets along..... :yes: .......I was on vacation at the beach 3 times this summer......twice at a hotel...once at a beach house............I packed 6 packets for each day I was away.......and packed water..... :huh: .......I never had to worry about where I was going to eat.... :mrgreen: ......and it left no excuse for wandering...or cheating..........you will be so proud of yourself when you return home!!!!!!

Donna.....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby chgogrl » September 14th, 2005, 12:56 pm

Guess I'll have to make extra room in my suitcase!
Chicago Girl
chgogrl

Postby Lisa in NY » September 14th, 2005, 3:15 pm

I brought my MF on vacation and it was alot easier than I thought it would be, even with my husband and 3 kids eating around me. I just kept telling myself that "fat doesn't take a vacation"....

Try it, you'll be glad you did and you'll prove to yourself that you can overcome any obstacle. ;)

Lisa
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Lisa Renee » September 14th, 2005, 6:22 pm

I don't go out much, but I have to eat around my kids and husband all the time. I have even picke dup pizza for them! It's pretty easy to do because if you are following the plan, you simply won't be that hungry. You CAN go out to eat with your friends for your lean and green. What I do is order the grilled chicken salad with nothing other than the chicken and lettuce and ask for light dressing. I do this all the time and still loose weight. You will do okay. The cool thing about this program is that you don't have to give up everything, you just get to make different choices and benefit by doing so!

Good luck!
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room