Our December Baltimore Photos

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Our December Baltimore Photos

Postby Nancy » December 16th, 2004, 2:19 pm

Hello Everyone ~

Terry and I were in Baltimore last week for a “Training the Trainers” conference by Take Shape For Life. We were so excited about going to see Dr. Andersen and our fellow leaders. We learned new things but the very best part of all was meeting some of our MakeMeThinner Forum Friends IN PERSON!!!

I was so excited that I couldn’t sleep for several days before we left. It was such a pleasure to meet Raven Kat and NE gal in South! Yippy!

It is one thing to see pictures and to read about a person but it’s just not the same as meeting a person in the skin.

You know how it is when you form a mental picture of a person and imagine what they will be like – sometimes they are exactly what you expected and other times you are surprised.

Some of us are more verbal than others – uh, that would be moi – others are quiet, reserved, etc.

Some Forum readers rarely or never post, just lurk; others have laptops permanently embedded…

Because her screen name is “Raven Kat” I was expecting a raven haired woman. She recently gave us all a clue when she said she was 5’ 11” tall. ;)

I left our hotel room and headed for the front desk about the time I expected Raven Kat to arrive.

As I rounded the corner I saw a gorgeous red haired woman, standing in the lobby. :kool: Of course she has seen my pictures and she recognized me right away – there are not many older ladies wearing leather pants and animal print sweaters in the lobby of the Embassy Suites!

ImageImage

:shock: Wow-ee! Kat is as wonderful in person as she is on the Forum.

My, my – she is lookin’ so good! She has lost 59 pounds, this Raven Kat is svelte!

We enjoyed getting to know her better and gave her a little LW remembrance. Since I didn’t have any leopard print tissue paper, I wrapped it in zebra print! Kat is so cool – she told me that she has a sweater just like mine – ahh, such great style sense, eh?

What a gladsome time I had - I really appreciate the fact that she took time out from her busy life to slide by for a while. Kat needed to head for home as she and her husband were going to move furniture and round up their five cats in preparation for carpet installation early the next day.

Our suite was hoppin’ Monday night when two other Health Advisors, a husband, two ladies working on weight loss and two little girls showed up.

Shortly after Kat headed for home, our phone rang and NE gal in South had arrived!

Wow – talk about true dedication – unable to get a flight, Carol made arrangements for a dog sitter and :drive: DROVE from North Carolina to Baltimore. What a darling lady she is!

Poor thing had been driving for hours, making sandbox stops along the way and was seriously ready for a Medifast shake when she arrived about 9 PM. Carol mixed up a Dutch Choc shake and we chatted up a storm until very late.

Carol brought me a little gift – a size small-medium gold chain belt with a leopard print silk scarf woven through the chain – check it out around my waist. (I have lost 18 inches off of my waist) I reciprocated with a leopard print silk scarf for Carol.

She was able to spend the night and I am embarrassed to say, when she called the next morning to say good-bye, Leopard Woman was still under the sheets! :snooze: I couldda gotten bedsores if she hadn’t called me. Still on west coast time, I leapt outta the snore sack at 9:30, showered and got cute in record time.

Here’s a ‘before’ photo of Carol. She writes, “it does show me at a very large state (I had been working in Atlanta for 12 weeks and eating on the firm's $$'s, living in a hotel suite and no dog walking, etc., I was probably 290 in it.”

Carol brought a beautiful wool suit with her that she sewed long ago and has saved – for ‘someday’ when she could fit into it again. We experienced a Because I can moment right there in Baltimore – Carol can wear her suit! Check out the slimmin’ lady in her very classy suit – Wowser!

What a delightful woman and we couldn’t be prouder – she had her big toe on the threshold of the 100 pound Club – Yabba Dabba Medi-doo!

Our time with our Forum Friends is so rewarding – we love you and appreciate each of you.

Lives are being changed with every shake you drink. :toast: You cannot put a price on improved health, increased self-confidence and the sense of pride and accomplishment that comes in a shaker jar.

Remember – Terry, Unca and LW are headed for Las Vegas in January. Guido and Spidey are coming and I can’t wait to get a Medi-hug from them! How ‘boutchoo?
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby RavenKat » December 17th, 2004, 12:14 pm

Oh lord - there I am..... ;)

Nothing like a picture to inspire you, right?!

Kat
(the Raven comes from 1. my maiden name is Crowley. Crow -> Raven 2. Edgar Allen Poe - I like that creepy guy. 3. My favorite TV show was Forever Knight and they had a bar in it called the Raven)
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » December 17th, 2004, 12:41 pm

Oh, Kat we ARE inspired by beautiful YOU and your 59 pound weight loss.

You have de-flabbed and look terrific. :shades:

Notice LW is :roll: hooting as she stands next to you? Typical picture of me - grinning and snorting with glee because I got to behold another loser first-hand. I loved meeting you, Raven Kat.

Remember that you are now considered to be "Regular Department Size" and no longer a shopper of the Fluffy Custom-Sized Women's Department! ;)

Catherine's and Lane Bryant are no longer getting my dollars and they miss me - I get catalogs from them all the time. :shock: Come to think of it, I'll send them my 'after' pictures!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Kat

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » December 21st, 2004, 8:21 pm

Oh you need to stop! I wish I was so cute! LOL!
I like Edgar Allen Poe also, so you aren't alone, though I'm closer to 4'11 than your height! :lol:

I always wanted legs, bt my mother (who is 5'9) always assured me I had other gifts. Maybe I'll find them under the flab when it's gone? :lol:

I think you look great--very pretty--we are going to have to do a "Big Losers" calendar with all of our purty Medigals!

Susanna<--dibs on July! :mrgreen:
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Studio