oubelqasse

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby oubelqasse » September 27th, 2007, 8:19 am

You will be skinny. No if and's or but's. If I can get you to stop smoking, I can get you to lose weight. I wish I lived in Hawaii so that we could see each other on this journey. But, since we dont, what more do we have to look forward to.. Seeing each other SKINNY next year. That is right around the corner. I was thinking coming in March.. YOu should be on break then... Thoughts?
Stephanie Stats:
RE-COMMITTED on : 03/30/2009
Starting Weight: 239
Current Weight: 234
Total Weight Loss: 5 Lbs
oubelqasse
Preferred member

Postby Charity » September 27th, 2007, 4:00 pm

oubelqasse wrote:You will be skinny. No if and's or but's. If I can get you to stop smoking, I can get you to lose weight. I wish I lived in Hawaii so that we could see each other on this journey. But, since we dont, what more do we have to look forward to.. Seeing each other SKINNY next year. That is right around the corner. I was thinking coming in March.. YOu should be on break then... Thoughts?

Do you mean for spring break? I dunno. Come in mid June or better yet, July. I am soooo bored today! I can't get my mind off of food but I am so motivated to stay true because I am so close to the 30# mark. I wish we could fart around the mall together....I suppose I will go alone.... :sadblue: I have never been so bummed to go shopping.
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby oubelqasse » September 28th, 2007, 5:01 pm

Glad that we could speak on the phone today. I miss ya!
Stephanie Stats:
oubelqasse
Preferred member

Postby oubelqasse » September 28th, 2007, 5:29 pm

Christy and I will be hitting our 3 week mark next Thursday. With that said, we need to start exercising so that we can become more healthy and hopefully lose more weight.

I had a question for those experienced out there. On most diet plans, when you begin a exercise regime I was usually told that I need to consume more calories. Is this not true with this plan? If we dont consume more calories, how does one's body not go into starvation mode? Do I need to do anything different when I begin? Once I start exercising, will I lose weight at a quicker rate?
Stephanie Stats:
oubelqasse
Preferred member

Postby Lizabette » September 28th, 2007, 5:48 pm

STEPH, I'm no exercise expert, but I understand that you start out slow with exercise and work up.
You should be able to stay right on plan that way, and begin getting more fit and healthy. And lose more weight!
Others may chime in here, I'm sure, to answer your question.
You're doing great! WTG!
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby oubelqasse » September 29th, 2007, 8:26 pm

Thanks so much for your input. Perhaps I will start slowly and work my way up.

Thanks again!
Stephanie Stats:
oubelqasse
Preferred member

Postby Charity » October 2nd, 2007, 2:24 am

:nonono: :uhuh: :sadblue: :question: :cry:

No daily report from you????? Boo Hoo!

How was your first day back to work?

Miss you terribly!!!!

Hurry up and write me before I sleep walk to KFC! :grin:
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby Serendipity » October 2nd, 2007, 4:43 am

Hi Stephanie. I just got back from vacation in Hawaii. What a beautiful place! I'll bet it was hard for you to leave. BTW, I was in Kahala and nobody told me about a nude beach! Now I'll need to go back.....not to join in, just to watch, hehe.

Anyway, welcome. Looks like you have a great start going and lots of support.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Charity » October 3rd, 2007, 2:06 am

Steph,

I am in such a good mood today! I was just thinking as I was cleaning house tonight how great we are doing on the program and how this is it :shock: ! It's happening now! This year! We are actually going to do it! We are getting healthy for our families and ourselves. I am just down right excited :bounce: and just wanted to thank you again for your inspiration and support :bow: !!!!! It's happening!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:stroll: Love ya!!!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby oubelqasse » October 3rd, 2007, 12:15 pm

Jo- Im so jealous that you were in Hawaii... I was back home last year in June when my brother got married. I haven't been home since, however am planning a vacation back sometime next year to hopefully suprise my mother who has never seen me thin in her whole life. I think she will cry.

As far as the beach in Kahala, its across the mall and its not really well known. You have to park your car in this side street and walk. I was once there walking along the beach and walked by this guy who was covered, yes COVERED INCLUDING MR. PECKER, in bird seeds. The birds were everywhere eating off of him. It was quite a disgusting site and I have not gone back every since. :help:

While in Hawaii, did you travel to see any of the other islands? Did you go to Hanauma Bay and swim with all of the ocean life? Hanauma Bay is a must do while in Hawaii, I hope you were able to do it. What brought you to Hawaii? Was it for vacation? Work?
Stephanie Stats:
oubelqasse
Preferred member

Postby oubelqasse » October 3rd, 2007, 12:31 pm

Christy,

Im so glad that you are excited and pumped! Yes, we are going to do this this time.. No if ands or buts...

Its funny, I was cleaning out my picture folder on the computer and seeing how many times we planned on "Lossing weight". We have so many "BEFORE" shots of us, but then 3 years later, we are still the same if not a wee bit heavier. Remember the pictures we took in Vegas-The before and after pictures with our faces implanted on other peoples bodies... Here we are, 9 years later and we are still the full figure gals that we didn;t want to be. Never again. I've heard enough of... "You would be so beautiful if you just lost weight..."

When I come back, you will have to pick me up from the airport so we can suprise my mom.. How do you think she is going to react. I cant wait!

We start our exercise regime tomorrow! Burn baby Burn... :weightlift:

Miss you tons!
Stephanie Stats:
oubelqasse
Preferred member

Postby Charity » October 3rd, 2007, 1:53 pm

Do you think you can keep the secret? It's hard! Don't let her know for a really big surprize!

I told michael not to metion it to his family so that they wouldn't have big expectations when they did see me and think, "Gee, she didn't loose that much." They were all floored when they saw me. I was a loose 18 then poof I was an 11/12. I see them again at the end of October...I wonder if I can be a 10 by then.....I think soooo! :exercise:

Yes, we have tried and tried. But this time, I know it's different. I feel it. I had doubts every time we tried before although I tried to stay positive. It's clicked now ya' know. Any we bully eachother into things so I really thing our bulling eachother is the icing on the cake. Remeber when you would raid my purse and pockets and rip up my ciggarettes into little pieces--Even brand new packs! :stickwack: Only a true friend would know how far she could push it.

Exercise!!!! what are you going to do? It's super rainy here in hawaii (you know how it is on the equator!) and michael really wants Geli' to go back to kids club so I think 24hr fitness is my plan of action. The staff there always jump for joy when I drop her off so I have some explaining to do (I havn't been for a month or two!) :oops: Don't worry, I'll start slow...maybe a pilate class or just a treadmill. After a week, I am doing weights. May I suggest you check craigslist out for a totalgym for your home? Ya' know, the chuck norris/christy brinkley thing. Sometimes there are there for 25 bucks! Keep a lookout!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby oubelqasse » October 4th, 2007, 3:28 pm

So today was my official day back to work since having Sarah. It was very hard to leave this morning but with a heavy heart, I put her back to sleep and off to work I went.

I was greeted by many smialing faces that was glad to see that I was back. When I left on maternity leave in July, I was less then a week from giving birth and my belly was the size of a large basketball. (Weird how Sarah only weighed 6lbs 10 oz, I swore she would be a 10 pounder)

I got many compliments on how I looked which was wonderful. Although I only gained about 6 pounds my entire pregnancy, it was nice to go back almost 25 pounds lighter and wearing a size smaller. (20 instead of a 22)

Of-couse I had to drive home during my 1 hour lunch break to see Zachary my 3 year old and Baby Sarah. Im so blessed to live only 10 minutes from where I work.

Not only was today the start of work, today is the 3 week mark. This morning when I weighed myself, I was saddened to see that I had gained .5 pounds. I dont really know why the gain, however I did admit to cheating slightly on Monday-- That was the first time and the last time that I will ever cheat. So with that said, to date I have lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks. Not bad, but I could've done better.

Today was also the start of exercise! When I came home from work, I told Zach that we were going to pop in a video and exercise. While 10 week old Sarah sat in her Boppy Chair, Zach and I did Richard Simmons "Sweatin to the Oldies". I'm proud to say that I did the entire 45 minute video. (Zach stopped about 5 minutes into it and decided that it was too hard for him)

I'm heading into the kitched to cook some delicious talapia for dinner, however I wanted to Thank everyone for their support. Its truly been wonderful! I'm pumped more then ever to get under the 200 pound mark.. Only 43 more pounds to go!
Stephanie Stats:
oubelqasse
Preferred member

Postby Charity » October 6th, 2007, 12:14 pm

Hey Steph,

I finally ate my tofu yesterday (well half, cause it's alot) and it was soooooo good! :chef: Thanks for the suggestion. I got pre-minced ginger in a bottle and I was ify on that but it tasted good. I should send you some real ginger...heheheh.

I am glad you started work in the middle of the week! Then you get a break before doing a 5 day strech.

I sent you the newspaper article on the Disney Koolina Resort to open in 2011 :yay: ! Come home! :ukulele:
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby Mike » October 6th, 2007, 1:01 pm

Glad you are doing well. Going back to work must be difficult, especially when there is a new little one.

Hang in there, you can do it.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal