No one understands...

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

No one understands...

Postby GucciGoo » January 23rd, 2007, 1:20 pm

I am at work. I just commented to someone that it was cold in the office today. Their response? "Well maybe if you ate something once in a while instead of trying to be anorexic, you would have some body heat".

So basically, everyone at work is talking about me- that I don't eat and am trying to starve myself to death. I almost wonder if I should split my L&G so people see me eating solid food for lunch.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby pinkbugs471 » January 23rd, 2007, 2:36 pm

I understand... I get the same thing from my co-workers. They make their comments about my not eating while thet are stuffing a muffin from the cafe in their mouths. I solved my being cold by adding a t-shirt under my sweater, and my supervisor bought me a small electric heater for under my desk. is that an option for you?
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire

231/168/140
pinkbugs471
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 23rd, 2007, 2:52 pm

I'm sorry this happened to you. My co-workers and clients do the same thing to me.

Did you notice they sometimes do it while they're standing in front of you eating a muffin or other office treats? I think they're just projecting their guilt about what they do eat at the office on you.

If you feel like changing your schedule around with the L & G's just to avoid what they say, do it. If not, don't. It's none of their business. I know people's words can hurt, but I say keep doing what you're doing, get a heater under your desk and keep looking FABULOUS!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Taangrl21 » January 23rd, 2007, 3:56 pm

I'm sorry those people are as ignorant as they are. Unfortunatly, they dont understand and you shouldnt have to explain it to them.Its your life and none of there business.

To address the cold problem.I always bring a sweater/jacket with me.And remember I am in Florida, so whether changes everyday.But I still get cold.The heater is a good idea.Three people in my group have them.

I know it hurts to hear crap like that. I dont know if they are close to them or not.But I have told a person or two I am on a medical plan from my doctor.But most people are very supportive-to blow them off.However, I havent lost the amount of weight you have so I am sure when I get down there people will begin to think I am sick too...

Its funny, we are overweight/unhealthy and decide to change for the better...we change and build up our self esteem within these changes, just to have people want to push us back down at times w/negative comments...but what can we do? There will always be jealousy and ignorance and thats fine. I would rather be me anyday. Keep that chin up Beth. You are doing great.Tell them to kiss off, politley. :)
Taangrl21

Postby Taangrl21 » January 23rd, 2007, 4:00 pm

I know it hurts to hear crap like that. I dont know if they are close to them or not.But I have told a person or two I am on a medical plan from my doctor.But most people are very supportive-to blow them off.However, I havent lost the amount of weight you have so I am sure when I get down there people will begin to think I am sick too...

I meant to say I tell certain people about it being a medical program to blow them off...hehehe my bad!
Taangrl21

Postby MusicalMomma » January 23rd, 2007, 5:05 pm

Well, look at who's saying it to you. If it's someone as beautiful as you, well then I don't know what their problem is. But if it's someone that is over weight and not doing anything about it, they are probably jealous and don't even realize it. Face it, you're a beautiful woman...heck, I'm jealous of you! :mrgreen: j/k :)
MusicalMomma

Postby Lucy » January 23rd, 2007, 8:08 pm

Now see the southern in me again...I would have to guess at the weight height etc of some of the worst offenders, then one day at coffee I would talk (out loud ) to myself, "uhh lets see BMI that is healthy for me means I still need to lose (blank) wow if I were say 245, GROSSSS thats like MORBIDLY obese, like Roseann fat.... or OH MY GOD I CAN NOT believe there is over 700 calories in a lattee from Starbucks, and muffins 480 calories, no wonder I used to be fat....

Or you could use the direct approach... I prefer to get to a healthy weight and BMI instead of being like the other 60 percent of the population and obese and suffering from the ills that are sure to come...

Or the ever popular I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I :tongue:
Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.
Lucy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby alpha femme » January 23rd, 2007, 8:11 pm

one of my buddies from grad school, nancy, and i were talking on campus a while ago. i guess i look pretty different than when i weighed 400lbs. i commented to her that i'm glad i look so much better now because no one would have hired me 2 years ago.

a third grad student (who is probably the same size as me, but i have no perspective) that doesn't know me (but knows i'm on mf because i don't hide the shaker or anything when i eat on campus) came over and said, "yeah, well, they won't like it much when starving yourself makes you pass out in front of your classes."

nancy and i looked at the muffin in her hand and smiled at each other. i casually reached over, gave her a little poke in the tummy and went "hmm hmmm" like the pillsbury dough boy-- and kept talking like nothing had happened. it was actually really funny.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Mike » January 23rd, 2007, 8:18 pm

Lucy wrote:Or the ever popular I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I :tongue:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Good one Lucy. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 23rd, 2007, 8:21 pm

Okay, I personally LOVE the "I know you are, but what am I" comment, but Joyce might be on to something here.

The catty girls might be nastier to Beth because she's so beautiful...their only chance to get a jab in, but I still think they're projecting their feelings of inadequacy onto her!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Lucy » January 23rd, 2007, 8:24 pm

Oh yeah they are so GREEN....ALPHA you rock!
Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.
Lucy

Postby Lucy » January 23rd, 2007, 8:27 pm

I feel the need to say, while I always try to be nice and not hurt anyones feelings...I believe jerks and gereral JackAs' don't have feelings and can get 190% OF WHAT they got coming...and will gladly make sure they get their fare share, 8)
Lucy

Postby alpha femme » January 23rd, 2007, 8:41 pm

i have no filter.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby MusicalMomma » January 24th, 2007, 7:15 am

I dunno...I'm the queen of witty come backs, but if the come back is a back handed insult...well...I guess it just would show that I'm just as insecure as they are. So, I usually come back with some sort of sarcastic shock...like when a doctor wants to get a dig about my weight...I will say something like "I'm fat????? OMG how did this happen!?!?!?!?!?! OMG!!! Someone get me a mirror!!!! This can't be happening to me!!!" Or I have said "Well, thank you Captian Obvious!" Trust me, it stuns most people when you let them know that you are well aware of yourself and them pointing it out is pointless.

SO, if it were me, I would have probably responded to the office comments with something like..."Well thank you! I knew I was doing well with my weight loss efforts, but had NO idea I had lost enough for you to be concerned! I still have a little way to go, to reach a healthy BMI and you just gave me the encouragment I needed today to keep going! You're the BEST!!!"

But that's just me ;)
MusicalMomma

All up in your bidness

Postby Seaside » January 24th, 2007, 8:00 am

Boy, do I know how that feels but I admit that it would be nice for someone to tell me that I am getting skinny --

I work in an office with a bunch of real health fanatics who feel it's ok to comment on every fat gram or bit of sugar in whatever anyone eats. Now that I'm on MF, I'm not eating lunch as much in the lunch room and they see me drinking my shakes, I've gotten a few comments but nothing bad.

Anyone notice that women (particularly) are in a double-bind? If you are too large, you're disgusting but if you get slim, then you are "anorexic". :?
Seaside

Next

Return to What's Shakin'