No one understands...

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby ladyhawke » January 24th, 2007, 8:27 am

They should just keep their mouths shut...how very rude...like my father used to say "Don't let the b-stards get you down".

Slightly off the said topic, but
I just cut a so-called "friend" of 20 yrs from my life because of her rude remarks from that used to happen from time to time...when they escalated to being 3 times in 2 weeks I reached my breaking point. Her last nasty comment was that I was too old to do a job I have 17 yrs experience in(she has no clue about my industry,BTW) I told her "Thanks a lot!" and abruptly ended the call, have not answered her phone calls (which have been many) since.

It's not me being sensitive...it's her tongue..she needs to put a leash on it..she has no friends and can't get a boyfriend because of it.

I was going to send her an article about toxic people but lost interest.
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mike » January 24th, 2007, 9:44 am

MusicalMomma wrote:But that's just me ;)

I wish I could be so nice. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sojourner » January 24th, 2007, 8:17 pm

Lucy wrote:...I believe jerks and gereral JackAs' don't have feelings and can get 190% OF WHAT they got coming...and will gladly make sure they get their fare share

Amen, sista!
I like this response for idiotic, bullying types: I could give a rat’s ass about what YOU think. You are of no consequence to me, and you have no power over me in either word or deed. So think, say, and do what you will...I really don't care.

Not exactly back-handed - it's direct and to the point. Like Alex, I have pretty much no filter...or patience for the bullies. The funny thing is, and what I love about Alex's response, is that I don't even get angry with the rude/obnoxious person - that gives them too much power, and they're just not worth it. They get all flustered, and I just smiiiiile... :twisted:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby ladyhawke » January 25th, 2007, 7:01 am

Soujourner, tell us how you REALLY feel!:)

Now, don't beat around the bush and sugar-coat it:)
ladyhawke

Postby Sojourner » January 25th, 2007, 8:21 am

ladyhawke wrote:...don't beat around the bush and sugar-coat it:)

Me??? Never!!
Does that really surprise anyone here?
8)
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby KeleeGrl » January 25th, 2007, 8:45 am

I have to admit, I'm a closet MF'r at work...One of my co-workers runs a weight watchers class, so I know I would hear it from her and I just don't want to hear it from the others either. I mix my shakes when I know no-one is in the kitchen, slurp it down and wash my container all in 2 minutes. I usually mix my chili and soups before I get to work so I just nuke it and sometimes the'll ask what they are, but I just say its something that fell off the truck (my husband drives tractor trailer).
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby ladyhawke » January 25th, 2007, 10:37 am

I did the same thing after hearing how disgusting my chix and rice soup looked I decided not to get in the arena with them again....who needs their aggravation.

Like my father would so eloquently say "Tell them to go pound sand up their a-s!"
ladyhawke

Postby Mike » January 25th, 2007, 10:40 am

I always get the opposite replies. "Man Mr. Mac, that chili smells good".
Its a bit different at our job site as there are 6 of us here doing Medifast and a couple of prospectives on the horizon.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » January 25th, 2007, 12:15 pm

Same here. All my close friends are doing the program, so I'm a little spoiled. Keep your chin up girl, and don't let those people bother you.
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby jlaman79 » January 25th, 2007, 12:17 pm

I work in a small office and the other two ladies here have just started going to weight wathers. They are both obese and I'm glad for them that they're going to do something to get healthier. However, they do not give me the same support. They make comments about how I don't eat anything and that is takes SO much commitment to follow this plan and that it's so drastic. I've responded to them by explaining that food choices were no longer an option for me becuase I made bad choices so I just removed food from the equation. Also, anything worthy of your time and effort will require commitment and the routine is very soothing to me. I have also said it may seem more drastic to you. If I only had 20 pounds to lose weight watchers may have been a reasonable option, but making a serious change takes serious effort and commitment.
Start 285 05/24/06
Current 224
Goal 145???
jlaman79
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby GucciGoo » January 25th, 2007, 12:25 pm

Thank you all so muuch for your comments and your wonderful compliments! I love you all!

Today, the guys sitting next to me ate lunch at his deck. He brought in buffalo wings and fries. I almost fell over from the smell. It was amazing.

He looked at me and said "All you're gonna eat today are those chips you eat?" And I said "yes, I am not dying of heart disease by eating fried crap every day". (He meant the soy crisps).

It is so aggravating.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 25th, 2007, 3:13 pm

Great comeback!

D
dede4wd

Postby ladyhawke » January 25th, 2007, 4:14 pm

What did he say! I have a good idea..just print out this whole thread and hang it on the board in your back room..they'll get the message.
ladyhawke

Postby Sojourner » January 25th, 2007, 5:26 pm

ladyhawke wrote:...like my father used to say "Don't let the b-stards get you down".

ladyhawke also wrote:Like my father would so eloquently say "Tell them to go pound sand up their a-s!"

I think your father and I could be very good friends!!! :lol:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Previous

Return to What's Shakin'