One last question and I'm catching my flight to Seattle!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

One last question and I'm catching my flight to Seattle!

Postby cydj21 » March 9th, 2006, 9:41 pm

Hola MF family!

So late tomorrow night/very early morning I am heading to the airport for my trip to Seattle. My flight leaves at 6:05 A.M. EST and is due to land in Seattle at 12:10 PST. I am so excited to see my family...and right about now I'd love to trade snow for rain! :lol:

First, I wondered about eating during my journey. Obviously at one point I will have a bar, but by my calculations I will be in airports/on planes for 9+ hours. Any tips on preparing/eating food in an airport? I am a newbie at traveling with MF.

Secondly, I wanted to wish you all a marvelous week! I won't be able to join in for roll call on Sunday as I will be away from my scale and additionally I am not sure if I will have internet access. When I return to the east coast late next week I will post my progress and be sure to catch up and see how all of you are doing. Good luck to everyone over the next week, I will miss the forum a lot in the next seven days!
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby bzlife1967 » March 9th, 2006, 10:09 pm

Hi there, Pack some drink or shake packets in your purse, buy a couple bottles of water and you can drink about half the water and then pour in a packet shake it up and whalllaaa!! I did this with the cappacino and it was yummy although a lil hard to pour into the bottle. Most of the airports have places where you can buy a salad to go, just try to get the low fat low cal dressing!! Most any of the restaurants in the airport will have chicken ceasar salads. Some of the airports have Subway's in them too and you can get a salad with roasted chicken on it there as well. Have a great time!!

-Geri
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Dayna » March 9th, 2006, 11:50 pm

Do you have any of the ready-to-drink shakes? They're kind of heavy, but really very handy. If you don't, the idea about pouring it into the water bottle is a good one (you could always stick a little kitchen funnel in your purse to make it easier? ;) ). I would probably end up taking my shaker jar, pouring bottled water into it to make the shake, and then rinsing it out in the bathroom sink once I've had the shake. But that's just me - primarily because I need to see just how many ounces of water I'm dealing with. (I have the worst eye in the world when it comes to estimating, and I'm sadly anal about getting correct measurements . . .)

Sounds like you're going to have a very fun trip! Hope the rain isn't TOO bad for your visit . . . but then, this is Seattle we're talking about. :mrgreen:

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JustLynda » March 10th, 2006, 5:06 am

I don't have any traveling tips other than what's already been mentioned. I just wanted to wish you a safe and enjoyable trip!

-Lynda
Start Date: February 18, 2006
JustLynda
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » March 10th, 2006, 5:20 am

Hi Cyd...if you don't have any rtd's, you can take your shaker jar and some bottled water. Most airport resturaunts will give you some ice and you can shake away :) Also, it's better to have 2 bars than to go off program, so when in a pinch, have an extra bar :) Have a great week!!!!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » March 10th, 2006, 6:35 am

Girlfriend you will be very very missed!!!!!!! Have a great time and hurry back to us!

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby smartipantz » March 10th, 2006, 7:21 am

Ohhhhh I discovered the RTD about two weeks ago. They are AWESOME and tasty!!! They are a must on those "on the go with no kitchen in site" days.

Yesterday I taught an all day class. So I had my oatmeal in the morning, drove to the training facility with two RTDs and a bar and did just great!

For those of you who haven't tried them, it's a must. Sure beats the heck outta finding yourself in a bind.
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to Weight Loss