OMG the migraine!!

Questions/Comments about Women's Health Products.

OMG the migraine!!

Postby lahmeh » April 11th, 2006, 6:05 pm

Hi all! I started yesterday and was very excited but by 4pm I had a major migraine and by 8 I was throwing up from my migraine!! I was sooooo hungry! Anyone else have these? I mean it's not the first time I have thrown up from such a headache but man...I'm scared to continue. I have ALWAYS gotten a bad headache if I don't eat. Maybe it was just a coincidence. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Lattishia
lahmeh

Postby Mom23 » April 12th, 2006, 6:05 am

Welcome lahmah! :wave: I am so sorry about the migraine - I have chronic sinus problems and sometimes they turn into migraines so I know how excruciating they can be! :x

Personally, I would say, don't quit now. Did you space your Medifast meals 2-3 hours apart? If you were extremely hungry you could space them two hours apart. Nancy has even said that you could add an extra shake if you needed to or did you try a free food snack like pickles, or celery or sugar-free jello?

I hope someone else can help you with your question. I am sorry you had a yukky ending to your first day. Whatever you do, best of luck to you! :goodluck:
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby lahmeh » April 12th, 2006, 6:10 am

Yes, I did space the meals right but oops I didn't read the booklet properly and had 3 bars that day because I had to leave on a moments notice and so I just grabbed 3 bars knowing I would be gone all day. Thanks for the kind words! I'm not gonna give up. I'm REALLY tired of being overweight! I have been a size 3 from age 13 to 27 and then had my 2 babies back to back and developed hypothyroidism and since I have never eaten healthy I am really struggling. I am now a size 16.
Lattishia
lahmeh

Postby Pashta » April 12th, 2006, 6:40 am

Nope, only one bar per day or you probably won't be losing any weight hehe.

Make sure you space your meals right and you shouldn't have any problems. One big thing:

Drink a LOT LOT LOT of water!!!! :water:

I think that would cause a headache because being on Medifast is a little dehydrating. Just make it through the first few days however you can (by adding an extra shake like above or having an allowed snack) and the hunger, the cravings and any headaches go away and you feel WONDERFUL. :mrgreen:

The vitamins in this stuff really make ya feel great.
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Jan » April 12th, 2006, 12:15 pm

Hi There,
A headache is pretty typical for the first day or so. But most don't get migraines. I too have migraines or I should say I used to -- haven't had one since I've been on program. I must say though I did think I was getting one on my first day on program. I took an excedrin migraine and layed down and it didn't develop.
Make sure you are drinking enough water. Plus don't skip meals -- and time them at about 2 1/2 hours. Hopefully you'll not have any more. And yes those bars are delicious but by now I know you know only one each day.
Let us know how you're doing.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Mike » October 26th, 2006, 2:04 pm

Di has suffered from very bad migraines her entire life - literally.
She is in fact sleeping as I write due to one. She has found many of the triggers and tries her best to affect change so as not to get one, but sometimes, its just unavoidable.
These are not simple headaches one gets, but actual major attacks to the body that cause nausea, dizziness, sensitivity to light, and the list goes on.
I am very glad that I do not get them as she does (that would make this household come to pretty much a stand-still).
The good thing is, since she started on Medifast, the migraines have diminished considerably.
Last year at this time she had been out at least 15 times from work. This is only the 2nd time, so I would call that a major improvement.

I hope that your migraine does not repeat itself, and believe me when I say, Medifast has really helped control Di's.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: OMG the migraine!!

Postby Diana » October 27th, 2006, 4:24 pm

lahmeh wrote:Hi all! I started yesterday and was very excited but by 4pm I had a major migraine and by 8 I was throwing up from my migraine!! I was sooooo hungry! Anyone else have these? I mean it's not the first time I have thrown up from such a headache but man...I'm scared to continue. I have ALWAYS gotten a bad headache if I don't eat. Maybe it was just a coincidence. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hi, Lahmeh. Sorry this is late in posting. I am the aforementioned wife of Mike. Days 3 and 4 on this program, I was laid up with one long migraine attack, throwing up ever 2 hours, the works. Not the worst one of my life, but definitely up there. I think it was part of my body's resistence and the whole "stress" of changing over from buring glucose to burning fat. I think my sister was more worried than I was about my "initiation" migraine. I still got my packets in, stayed away from the flat Coke and crackers I usually would eat, and once I got over that hurdle, I couldn't believe in improvement in my energy, clarity, pain level... I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't gone through it first hand.

Once in the fat burning stage, and AS LONG AS I STAY TRUE TO THE PROGRAM, my migraines have decreased from 2-4 a week to 1-2 a month. The only exceptions have been the one time I took a "pause" from the program (migraines every day for two weeks in getting back on, but not flattening ones) and the recent physical issue that's not at all related to MediFast.

All this to say -- hang in there. This too shall pass.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Diana » October 27th, 2006, 4:25 pm

Holy time-warp -- that was April, this is October. :doh:
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana

Return to Women's Health