Oldie returning to try again

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Oldie returning to try again

Postby marge » June 27th, 2005, 6:36 am

Hi all..dont know if there are any of the oldtimers still here..but I had lost 20+ pounds in a very short period of time and was doing well holding it off until situations arose....excuses, excuses, excuses...dont we always have excuses...

Anyhow to make long very long story short I have had 2 total hip replacements and 2 hip revisions the last one on dec. 14 2004.....I had kept the weight off and was in fine shape until I hurt my back and could not exercise.....rehahabbed that nicely thank you...still recovering there...Went to my homeland again May 1 until 2 days ago. I have put back on 15 pounds which means I have to start back to day 1 and hope I can do it a second time around. I kinda got used to the foods so they are not as exciting as they were the first time...I also lost my best friend while I was in Ireland, mo dog Sadie had to be put down..renal failure and I am still in mourning big time...crying at the drop of a bucket..she was a beautiful lab mix and helped me through all my difficult surgeries and recoveries...dont know how I am going to live without her....Hubby said no more pets....he wants his freedom..we are both 63 and travel when health allows us.

Nancy help................
marge
Preferred member

Postby RavenKat2 » June 27th, 2005, 11:48 am

Hey Marge! I remember you, sweetheart!

I don't post any more as I am not shaking currently but I check in to see who's around. My mom just got out of the hospital after 5 weeks and I'm spending most of my time dealing with that. Luckily I'm still 50 pounds down. I hope to get the Medifast bug again soon.

Welcome back!

Kat
RavenKat2
(259)245/207/165

*new id for inspiration*
RavenKat2
Trusted Member

Postby Unca_Tim » June 27th, 2005, 12:33 pm

Hi Marge..... :byebye:

Great to see you again. Glad to hear you're back from the homeland.

Looks like we have a little work to do, to get you to your long term goal.
Climb back on the train. Thinville's just down the road...:)

We've got a bunch of new info to help eveyone into maintenance which i'll try to get either on the web or here in the forum. Now.....just finding the time to get it all together.

As always you know just give us a click or a call, if you need anything.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Unca_Tim » June 27th, 2005, 1:00 pm

Kat!

You snuck in there ahead of me somehow. Great to see you again too. I've been wondering how you've been...:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby DogMa » June 27th, 2005, 6:58 pm

Marge,

I'm too new to have known you back then, but I just had to say how sorry I am about the loss of your dog. I'm sure she had many wonderful years with you and that you did everything you could for her.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby 70 » June 28th, 2005, 2:13 pm

Hi Marge and Raven Kat!
I remember you guys when I first tried the M.F. program about a year and a half ago. It was a great group of Medifasters back then too. It seems like good people just gravitate to this site. Remember Mike and Jeannette? I wonder what happeneed to them and how they are doing? I miss them. They where so inspiring! I E-mailed Nancy a couple of weeks ago and asked about them, but the E-mail address on the members list must be an old E-mail address because I never received a reply. Good to know you are back. Hopefully this time I will make goal. Good luck and keep in touch with all of us.

Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » June 28th, 2005, 8:28 pm

Hidy Ho, Marge!

Of course I remember you! I am really sorry to hear about Sadie. We are still boo-hooing around here at the MakeMeThinner Cottage as our family Medipet, Bonnie Dawg went to heaven a few weeks ago, too...our pets really do help us through sad times and bring us great joy and they celebrate with us when good things happen. Sadie will always have a special place in your heart, I'm sure.

You have been on an adventure of sorts haven't you? Let's get you de-flabbed and feeling mighty fine again!

Once a person has had their foody way, it can seem hard to get back on the Mediwagon. We know you can do it, Marge! I am confident that you can set your schedule and get with the program. You could lose 20 pounds in a month IF you set your eye on the prize and go for it!

Last time I chatted with Mike, he was up about :twisted: 18 pounds....Jeanette went through tough times, fell off the wagon, got a divorce, moved to Florida, went through a hurricane, moved to another place in Florida, went through another hurricane and then I lost track of her. Hope she is still out there somewhere. Would love for her to get back on the program and check in.

When people go through stressful situations and are not linked in with an accountability group they often revert to their former foody ways - old habits die hard - we must replace them with good habits and be accountable...otherwise...skunkiness occurs and we become stinkers and eat not-so-good stuff...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Sablebaby » June 29th, 2005, 2:42 pm

Marge,
Welcome back! Good job coming back to what works. :goteam:
Heather
Sablebaby