Oatmeal twice a day?

Add your favorite recipes.

Oatmeal twice a day?

Postby Lisa in NY » August 17th, 2006, 2:24 pm

Does anyone besides me eat oatmeal twice a day? I don't do this EVERYday, but I do have it twice a day a few days per week. I absolutely LOVE the MF oatmeal (nothing compares!) but I've been stalling for awhile now and am hoping it's not because of my precious oatmeal!

I'm wondering if anyone has lost alot of weight on MF just using the oatmeal? Is that possible?

I usually have one of everything everyday (oatmeal, shake, soup, bar, oatmeal, pudding) but am probably going to start replacing the soup and one of the oatmeals with a shake to see if that makes a difference.....but I really DON'T WANT TO GIVE UP MY OATMEAL !!! waaaahhhhhh

Someone please tell me I can have my oatmeal and eat it too!!! :mrgreen:
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Serendipity » August 17th, 2006, 3:03 pm

I eat more than one oatmeal quite often. I love it first thing in the morning and sometimes at night before bed.

As far as I know, you could eat 5 oatmeals a day if you wanted to.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Drama Queen » August 17th, 2006, 3:33 pm

I've been known to have three Oatmeals some days and I don't think it slowed me down. It's absolutely my favorite MF meal!! I love it right before bed!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Sarya » August 17th, 2006, 3:40 pm

5 oatmeals is 75g of carbs so I don't see why not. The things they restrict or suggest you restrict (bars and the nutritionist suggests minestrone soup) have much higher carb counts. Having a bar and four oatmeals may be too many carbs for a person, but even then others it may be perfectly fine.

A benefit to all the oatmeal is that you'd get 20g of fiber from your supplements alone :) Some of the other supplements only have 2-3 g which can sometimes leave you a little low for the day.

I am always very interested in the nutritional composition of the plan, sorry if I go a little overboard. Really though the numbers work out wonderfully if you want to eat that much oatmeal :)
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Lisa in NY » August 17th, 2006, 3:59 pm

Thank you all !!!

You've all made me feel better about loving the oatmeal so much! (I'd even give up a bar for an oatmeal :D

Lisa P.
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY

Postby DogMa » August 19th, 2006, 7:27 pm

I used to hate oatmeal, and when I decided I like it, I started eating it three times a day. I've cut back, but it didn't cause any problems. All the fiber was nice, and I find it more filling than some of the other products.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby sidrah » August 19th, 2006, 8:52 pm

I have oatmeal 2 or 3 times a day. I like it more than anything else. I do, though, make it into pancakes so I can take it to work and re-heat it and dip it in some WF syrup. I would also give up the bar for the oatmeal.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Return to Lean Cuisine