Nova

1 Thread per registered User.

my journal

Postby thisisforme » October 29th, 2006, 2:00 pm

Hi Nova,
I enjoyed reading bits and pieces of your journal; it sounds like you have done great on MF! But you're right, you need your hair! I noticed that you were on jury duty recently. I have to go later this week and wondered if you were allowed to take your MF meals and a cooler into the courthouse. (Trying to plan so I can stay on track.) I look forward to one day getting the "granny panties" out of my drawers, too, and I know hubby looks forward to helping me sort out what will fit on my new body. ;)
Take care,
Meredith
thisisforme
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Nova » October 29th, 2006, 10:40 pm

I can only say what the Galveston court house was like. Everyone had to go through a metal detector and they put my purse through an x-ray machine. I had a shaker, oatmeal muffins and some packets in there. The court house had a vending machine with diet soda and water bottles. The jury room was pretty nice, actually. They had a water cooler, a mini frig, a microwave and a sink, plus a private bathroom.

They might want you to open up the cooler, but I don't think it would be a problem. I ended up making my MF oatmeal into muffins and having those twice a day, plus a bar. I had a shake before I left the house, and between all that, I was pretty set for the day. They were also good about giving us breaks every 2-3 hours. It depended on the testimony. The only downside is that I didn't want to drink much water because if one juror has to go to the bathroom, the entire court goes on break, and I didn't want to be responsible for making the trial take longer than it had to.

Exercised for 40 minutes on the elliptical today. Was gonna have an extra meal, then when I counted up everything, I'd already had 150-200 more calories than I normally do. I had some SF chocolate sauce in a shake, 2 tsp of sf jam on my oatmeal, a SB bar instead of a MF bar, 6 fish oil caps, and an extra 2 ounces of protein. Hard to believe all that added up to 200 calories. I'm starving right now, so I guess I'll go to bed.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby thisisforme » October 30th, 2006, 10:56 pm

Thanks for the info! I am set to do my civic duty on Tuesday, Halloween! :twisted:
thisisforme
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Nova » October 30th, 2006, 10:59 pm

Exercise: 23 minutes elliptical, pullups, pulldowns. 12,000 steps today. I was pushing it to get my exercise in today with all my meetings, but I managed. Almost gave up, but convinced myself to go, even if I was 5 minutes late, and I'm glad I did.

Got an extra meal in since I worked out. It feels wierd to eat extra, and scheduling is definitely a problem.
244/171

Nova

Postby Nova » November 2nd, 2006, 6:24 am

Had a great time handing out candy at Halloween. Surprisingly, the Twizzlers were the biggest hit.

Yesterday, I was back at the gym. 32 minutes cardio, 2xpullups, 2xlunges, 2xEB squats. Was really shaky, slow and worn out after exercise, even though I made sure to have an extra meal, plus a bag of soy crisps right after I exercised. I figured the carbs would be very welcome in my body right then.
244/171

Nova

Postby casma500 » November 2nd, 2006, 8:12 am

Wow! Some great exercise regimen you have going Nova! I'm totally proud of you for sticking with it! I am still in my first 3 weeks and am not exercising, but that's okay with me ~ LOL! I will look forward to your posts though to keep me motivated once I start again!

Thanks for inspiring us! :weightlift:
~ Be Yourself -- Everyone Else is Already Taken ~
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nova » November 2nd, 2006, 7:16 pm

My exercise routine is still pretty shaky. I exercised for the first 4-6 weeks, constantly reducing the volume and intensity. Still seemed too much, so I stopped altogether. Just started again last week.

What a difference not exercising makes. I didn't do anything today besides some walking between buildings at work, and I'm not nearly as hungry and tired as I was yesterday. Maybe I still have a ton of muscle left, because exercising seems to put a huge demand on my body.

Today was not fun. Double booked in meetings all day long, finished up on one contract board where they were just talking and beating a dead horse into a bloody pulp. I suggested a couple of times we knock off for the night, and finally at 5:45, I walked out. Because I still had work to do for another contract. And I'll probably have to work tonight, early tomorrow and Saturday. :x

Checked my email right before I left, and found out I have more work to do tonight, plus one of the board chairmen is taking us out for lunch. Normally that wouldn't be a problem. I'd switch my L&G to lunch instead of dinner, but I've already purchased tickets to a shrimp boil for tomorrow night, and I've been looking forward to that for weeks. So I guess I'll eat two L&Gs tomorrow. I feel like it would be horribly rude if the guy is making a point of buying all of us, and especially me, lunch for all the work we did, and I just eat a shake. That's okay. It's just practice for life.
244/171

Nova

Postby Nova » November 3rd, 2006, 4:54 pm

Well, I just had my first off-plan day. Felt strange, but I think I did pretty good. Breakfast was MF oatmeal, then lunch was a grilled tuna salad with a tiny bit of dressing on the side. After work was the shrimp boil. I ate...ready?...boiled shrimp. And a half cup of cabbage slaw that had no mayo or sugar in it. Hubby tempted me into having a crumb of a cookie that he thought was delicious. Me...eh, not so much. Didn't want to eat any more than that tiny taste. And I had one ounce of dewberry wine made by one of my coworkers who home brews. It was delicious, and I savored every bit of that ounce. And I was done. I had too much shrimp, or so my tummy is telling me now, but I didn't have any corn or potatoes. Later tonight, I'll have my pudding, and it looks like I'll still be at <900 calories for the day.

I feel pretty good about how I handled it. I seriously thought about having some boiled potatoes with butter and salt, but then I thought about having to get back into ketosis, and it just didn't seem worth it to me. I had no trouble passing them up, and even less passing up the chips and cookies. That's a huge achievement for me!
244/171

Nova

Postby casma500 » November 3rd, 2006, 6:01 pm

That IS huge!!! WAY TO GO!!! :dance: :christmasbar: I am TOTALLY excited for you!!!! WOOOT WOOOOT!!!!
~ Be Yourself -- Everyone Else is Already Taken ~
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nova » November 5th, 2006, 10:46 am

Day 13 of being at the same weight, +/- a pound. My calories average 980 over the last 2 weeks, and I'm counting the extra fish oil capsules and the flax seed I've been adding to my oatmeal. Both of those are for hair and skin care and add about 85 calories/day.

I've always been heavy, ever since I was 12. So I honestly don't know what weight I should be at. I picked 155 because it's at top end of the BMI for my height, but I've also been a weight lifter for years, and I know the BMI chart isn't right for bodybuilders and other muscley types.

I think the Quick Start guide says you should be sticking at your goal weight for at least one week before starting transition, and I'm kinda wondering if I'm just at a big plateau, or if my body is saying this is it.

Personally, I'd love to fit into a size 8, and there's a shirt I bought that still doesn't fit quite right over the bust, so I wanted to lose a little more. So I'm not ready to go into transition quite yet, but it does give me lots of food for thought. It'll be interesting to see how the next 2 weeks go.

On the plus side, I've now officially lost 100 pounds from my highest weight ever! It's cool, but it's also sad that I even have to say that.

And yesterday I went to a specialty lingerie store to find some bras that fit. They claim they can fit anyone. They couldn't find anything to fit me. :(
244/171

Nova

Postby Nova » November 6th, 2006, 6:08 am

For Sunday:
Started lifting with the guys again. Squats, glute ham raises, lunges, anderson squats, abs. Didn't get a sixth meal in, unfortunately
244/171

Nova

Postby Nova » November 6th, 2006, 2:24 pm

Day 14 of my plateau. :x

Hit the gym today at lunch. Alternating jogging and walking for 30 minutes. Doing alternating 3 min run, 2 min walk this week, 3X. Followed up with bent over rows, straight leg deadlifts and pullups. Was gonna do more, but I could barely manage one set of pullups at 55 lbs, which is much worse than I did last week. I think the fact that I didn't eat a shake right before working out didn't give me enough energy to finish my workout, so I called it a day. Still playing with timing and calories.

Don't feel too sore today after squats last night. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. Fortunately, I was working on squat form last week, so I hope that negates some of the soreness of starting up again.

My goal is to get strong, sexy legs and well defined shoulders. For some reason, I think muscular shoulders are very sexy, and I'm starting to see some definition in mine! I have bumps when I flex, not just slightly plumper skin. :)
244/171

Nova

Postby Nova » November 7th, 2006, 9:33 pm

Okay, today I'm sore. Ow. Mainly my hamstrings. I'll have to make up the gym tomorrow after work, because we're having our Thanksgiving lunch tomorrow. Looking forward to it. I love to bake, but of course, I can't do that right now. So last night, I made peanut butter cookies to take to a lunch discussion group today, and tonight, I made pumpkin-cream cheese bread with an apricot-coconut spread for the lunch tomorrow. Didn't have any of them. I just like to bake. Maybe I could make it as a baker after all. Tomorrow, they're supposed to have ham, turkey and shrimp, and I'm sure I can find some sort of veggie. If not, I'll have a salad when I get home, but I'm not going to go off plan. Not when I've spent so long struggling to get over this plateau. I absolutely do not want to binge and go back up after so many sad days on the scale staring at the same number. Now I have to remind myself of that tomorrow when I'm staring at the chocolate cheesecake. :)

Here's a problem I never thought I'd have: PMS. I never used to get bothered by it, aside from an occasional patch of munchies. But this morning I woke up in a foul mood, and at the voting line I was making dark comments about people getting turned away, and Republicans fixing the election, and wanting to shoot certain people in the head so they'd just die and stop annoying me. I'm not usually so blood thirsty and vindictive. Then tonight, I feel like I just want to cry and for no good reason. Is this normal? I've heard horror stories about women who turn into completely different people, and I don't want to be like that.
244/171

Nova

Postby Serendipity » November 8th, 2006, 6:06 am

Yes, it's normal, dear. I tell my husband that the things he does to annoy me during PMS are just as annoying when I don't have PMS, but PMS makes me lose my restraint, that's all......if he would straighten up, there wouldn't be anything for me to complain about.....so it's all his fault, right? :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Nova » November 8th, 2006, 6:15 pm

Much harder to stay compliant during the holiday season, I can tell. We had our Thanksgiving lunch today at work, and I don't think I did too bad. I had a couple slices of turkey, a couple spoonsful of green beans, and I splurged and had 4 small bites of a home-made chocolate cheesecake. I think it was around 300-400 calories, so that's not awful. And I'm having shakes tonight. No problem.
244/171

Nova

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal