Nice to meet you all!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Nice to meet you all!

Postby LisaAnne » October 7th, 2005, 12:55 pm

Hi Everyone, :D

I am anxiously waiting on my food to come and then I will be jumping in with both feet and joining you all on our weight loss journey with Medifast. I have been reading all your posting and information on this site and decided that this is for me. I ordered a sample of Medifast, and wonderously, the shakes, oatmeal and bars were good. This site (such wonderful supporting people) and the fact that the supplements were more than edible helped me decide that Medifast would be the way to finally win this battle with my weight. Not mention that my health advisor called me and welcomed me in such a warm supportive way! It is amazing that she does not even know me yet I can hear in her voice she really wants me to be successful and will be there for me every step of the way.

I need to lose at least 50lbs. but if I am totally honest with myself, I really need to lose about 75lbs. But to start I am going to shoot for 50lbs. and then see what the future holds. At first I thought I should maybe make the weight I list on my license my goal and then thought are you kidding - you have not weighted that since 2 years out of high school! Get for real and make it an attainable goal. So 50lbs. won!

I am married to a terrific supportive man and I have 3 children. I have 2 of my own children and then a step daughter. 2 boys - 20 years old and 11 years old. 1 girl - 19 years old. Our trio is made up of "his" "hers" and then finally "ours". We each had a child in our first marriages and then one in our marriage. The age difference of our kids keep us young!

I look forward to the days ahead, getting to know you all and sharing our successes as well as offering any support that I may be able to give to others who may be having a rough day.

Wish me luck on Monday (10/10/05) which is the day I plan to start my first steps to a new healther me!

Lisa in Indiana
LisaAnne

Postby Lisa Renee » October 7th, 2005, 1:05 pm

Welcome to you! Another Lisa is always welcomed. In fact I think this is the most Lisas I have ever seen in one place! lol I think you have a great attitude, set your goal to be realistic and then work your way down later if you decided that is what you want to do. I am so glad you found us. The support here is WONDERFUL. Keep checking in along your journey and get ready for an awesome ride!
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » October 7th, 2005, 3:24 pm

Hi LisaAnne and welcome to the forum,
:wave:

LisaAnne wrote:I look forward to the days ahead, getting to know you all and sharing our successes as well as offering any support that I may be able to give to others who may be having a rough day.

You've already been a help to some by signing in, and by your attitude I can tell you'll be a big (slimmer) help in no time....:)

Keep us posted,
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby sister » October 7th, 2005, 4:02 pm

Hi Lisa!

Welcome! You are off to a great start just by coming here!
Be sure to weigh and measure yourself this weekend. You will be amazed with the inches lost as much as the pounds.

This is so exciting! Another "shaker" on her way!
sister
Trusted Member - #60 Club

Postby Lisa in NY » October 7th, 2005, 5:32 pm

Welcome!

From another Lisa ;)
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby lauradr » October 7th, 2005, 6:09 pm

Wecome!!
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Crystal » October 7th, 2005, 9:11 pm

Hello!! :wave: Nice to "meet" you!
Crystal
Crystal
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby shkov » October 8th, 2005, 10:23 am

Welcome LisaAnne:

My food to has just arrived ! Right now as I type I'm eathing the cream of chicken soup. It is great !!

MY hubby and I are doing this together! We too have a mine, your, and and ours. We have all girls ages, 16, 15, and 9.

Good luck and welcome !

Shana
Texas
shkov

Postby Nancy » October 8th, 2005, 11:12 am

:byebye: Howdy Doody, LisaAnne ~

Welcome to you and we are happy to know that you have been preparing for your weight loss program by reading and linking up with your Health Advisor.

I totally understand your comment about wanting to lose 50 pounds but feeling that the need to lose is really 75 pounds. In the beginning of my weight loss journey, I wanted to just get through a week or two and see if I could make the scale move down to the next increment level of five and then I went for those round decade numbers like 50, 40, 30 etc. When I saw my scale report 199 I did a happy dance that made the Richter Scale bounce. :boing:

:secret: I finally weigh what my driver's license says I do! I am never ashamed to take it out of my wallet now! We are happy that you are joining us.

Don't go out for a weekend pre-weight loss program :bib: food-a-thon - why add another week to your weight loss program? :huh:

Get ready, get set, shake it off and live it up! :toast:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LisaAnne » October 10th, 2005, 3:59 pm

Hello everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome! After reading ALL the post (current and historical) I feel like I know you all already!

Have a wonderful evening!
LisaAnne

Postby betz » October 10th, 2005, 4:06 pm

Hi LisaAnne :)

Welcome and good luck :)
betz
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » October 11th, 2005, 5:10 pm

Lisa..............A hugh welcome to you.......... :D ............my best to your success as you travel on this exciting weight loss journey...... :drive: .......hold on tight.... :mrgreen: .....your in for a great ride

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » October 12th, 2005, 8:52 am

Hi LisaAnne ~~ I should be able to remember your name, I have a sister named Lisa Ann. :grin:

Welcome to the forum. I am an oldie that is now a newbie, again. It is nice to meet you.

DonicaB :yeah:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.