NEWby

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

NEWby

Postby summerblue » April 21st, 2006, 2:36 pm

Hello Everyone!

Today marks my 17th day on MF and I am happy to report that I am -13 lbs.!
I am also happy to say that my husband is also on the program!!!! That really helps me ALOT!

I have another 70lbs to loose, but I am really taking it ONE DAY at a time. I have carried this extra week and it has gradually krept up over the last 10 years and I finally got to the point of being SICK AND TIRED of being SICK AND TIRED of carrying all this weight. I was never heavy until after my 2nd child. Plus my husband and I love food - not a great combo there.

Do you find that even those your loved ones KNOW you are on this diet they still OFFER you things you can't have, I'm trying not to be too hard on them, but I'm not sure if they are just 'testing' me or what.

I am so happy to have found this forum!

Looking forward to getting to know you!
.....Mara
summerblue
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Shana » April 21st, 2006, 2:43 pm

Hi Mara - welcome to the forum! You'll find TONS of wonderful support here, and you already know the program works!

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » April 21st, 2006, 2:44 pm

:wave: WELCOME MARA!!!! It's nice to meet you. WTG on the great start!
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

WELCOME MARA !

Postby electra000 » April 21st, 2006, 2:50 pm

WELCOME ... :wave: WELCOME... :wave: WELCOME.... :wave:
electra000
Preferred member

Postby lauradr » April 21st, 2006, 2:51 pm

Mara, Welcome to the team!! :goteam:
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Mom23 » April 21st, 2006, 3:09 pm

:wave: Welcome Mara! You are doing great! It's nice that your husband has joined you as well -- that will be a big help to you! Congratulations on the fantastic start! :D
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Re: NEWby

Postby Lizabette » April 21st, 2006, 3:55 pm

summerblue wrote:Hello Everyone!Today marks my 17th day on MF and I am happy to report that I am -13 lbs.!
I am also happy to say that my husband is also on the program!!!! That really helps me ALOT! I am so happy to have found this forum!Looking forward to getting to know you! .....Mara

MARIA,
We are so glad you found us and we welcome you to the greatest support forum you will find anywhere! :-P

13 pounds in 17 days is wonderful. Has your husband lost as much as you? It will be so great doing MF together. Sounds like you have program down good, but please post often :puter: and tell us how you are progressing.

Keep shaking away those pounds! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Becky » April 21st, 2006, 8:50 pm

Hi Mara--welcome to the forum. You are off to a GREAT start already! And yes, I know what you mean... that really irks me when people try to get me to eat bad stuff. They don't know how hard it was for me to finally get started getting that weight off. And after not cheating for almost 16 weeks, I don't know what they'd have to do to get me to take a bite. They'd have to pry my lips open & force feed me. I am not throwing away all that hard work! :mrgreen:
Becky (Pettit) Renfro
Certified Health Advisor
Becky
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 22nd, 2006, 4:56 am

Welcome Mara

It is great to have you with us!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Allison Onederland » April 22nd, 2006, 6:34 am

Welcome Mara! :wavie: You've joined a great group of losers! :lol:

When people offer you foods that you shouldn't be eating, do what I do. Use what I call the Medifast Mantra...smile and say "No thanks! Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." Words of wisdom straight from Her Royal Leopardness, Nancy. It works for me! :thumbup:
Allison Onederland
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 22nd, 2006, 2:25 pm

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi Mara!

Postby dede4wd » April 22nd, 2006, 7:18 pm

Welcome to the nicest bunch of losers you'll ever meet!

Look around and enjoy yourself here! You're doing GREAT on the program and I KNOW you'll be an asset to this forum!

Do you find that even those your loved ones KNOW you are on this diet they still OFFER you things you can't have, I'm trying not to be too hard on them, but I'm not sure if they are just 'testing' me or what.

I don't think people do it on purpose. I don't think they're testing you either. People are just wrapped up in their own heads and don't think. I've been on the program (this time) for 7 1/2 weeks and the boys STILL get me a breakfast burrito. I think they have ulterior motives because they know they get to EAT my burrito!

There are a few people who do it to get a loved one/friend to fail, but I try not to be around those kinds of people very much. Most people just don't think!

Glad you're here! Keep shakin'

DeDe

We're winning, can't you tell?
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Jan » April 22nd, 2006, 7:26 pm

Hmmmm,
People are offering you those very very tempting treats Huh?? Don't be tooo hard on them. I think some of it just comes from habit. Food is very very important in our society. Many many social events are centered around food or eating and of course hospitality as well envolves food. When people come over most of us at least offer something. I know I used to feel guilty when I didn't have a little goody or two to offer with a cup of coffee or tea. Now, they just get the tea or coffee sans goodie :mrgreen:
When offered something now I generally just say "Oh thank soo much but I'm not tooo hungry right now" That's most likely very very true ... afterall I am eating something every 3 hours or so now :mrgreen:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby mamabear » April 23rd, 2006, 11:33 am

Welcome!!! You're doing great already and I know you will continue to do great! :mrgreen:
mamabear
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room