NEW START MARCH 7

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

NEW START MARCH 7

Postby jimind » February 26th, 2006, 10:47 am

iam starting soon but scared about the first 3 days like atkins i never made it through the first days so it didnt work iam such a emotional eater i tryed all the other diets trainers hypnosis drs jenny, w.w. 's trainers ,rich s. videos. pi;;s over net . drug store supplements ,ephedrine so i need some support on this please jim from nw ind 80 need yto lose
jim brooks
jimind

Postby Guest » February 26th, 2006, 11:21 am

Welcome Jim.

Don't stress yourself out about the first three days. Take one day at a time and it will go easier for you.

Keep posting you will find tons of support here. I also suggest you read through as many posts as you can to get yourself psyched up and stocked up in the fridge for your start date.

Postby sfpolarbear » February 26th, 2006, 12:13 pm

Hey there Jim,

Joined this forum on your recomendation. Hope to see you around often.

John
sfpolarbear
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » February 26th, 2006, 12:28 pm

Hey there Jim and John -- Congrats on taking the first step.

I'm currently on day two of the program (for the second time around). First time I was on MF, day 2 was pretty tough. This time it's much easier but I truly believe it's because my body remembers this stuff and it actually FEELS better.

Some advice to get you through the first few days .

--- lots of water - tons and tons. Every time you think of eating, drink some water.
--- Make some hot tea. Sip it slowly, really learn how to enjoy it.
--- If you start to feel lightheaded or a bit woozy, make yourself some bouillion.
--- If you are really truly hungry, have an extra packet. Much better than throwing it all away and binging. Remember, a packet is only about 100 calories -- 100 calories are not going to set you back.

It takes your body some time to adjust, don't give yourself any reason to back down. Have a plan of action ready.

Nancy always says to take it 3 hours at a time ... you can do anything for 3 hours right? 3 hours till your next packet, bar, pudding; whichever. Just keep that thought in your head ... I can do anything for 3 hours. Before you know it, it will be 3 days, then 4, then wow! You won't even realize when it happend, but all of sudden you are doing it!

The first time around - day 5 was AWESOME for me. I had sooo much energy. I was scrubbing my pantry floor on my hands and knees jamming to some music. This time around - it's been today, day 2. I already cleaned out my closet, did laundry (all while bopping around to some tunes).

Check in often, let us know how you are doing. It keeps you accountable - which is why I will be here as well.

Good luck!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Kathy » February 26th, 2006, 1:00 pm

well for me the first 3 days were no problem at all. I like to be done with my meals for the day by 6 pm, so I have them about 2-2 1/2 hours apart to be able to get all 6 in. I did not experience any hunger at all and was really amazed at how easy it was. There is a great variety and having the bars helps with the enjoyment of chewing something. I guess everyone is different, so it may not be as hard as you think. Today is day #5 for me and I am still doing fine and finding the plan very easy to follow. I think the fast weight loss is going to be a big motivator and I feel so much better not having that miserable stuffed feeling I had from constantly over eating. I have lost 15 lbs already, eventhough this is probably mostly water weight, I still feel lighter and have more energy. Good luck!
Kathy
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby petiewheats » February 26th, 2006, 1:57 pm

Prior to actually starting MF I did what I call a "prep". I ate in a healthy manner, however if I wanted an M&M or two I had it. I did not do my typical 'eat it all cause I'm never going to have it again'. I believe this helped me to start MF without feeling like I was giving up anything.
Good luck with your start. this is day 5 for me. Things are going well.
This can be done!!

Paula
petiewheats
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Lizabette » February 26th, 2006, 3:00 pm

Jim and John,

I can see we have a challenging adventure ahead of us with you two starting out together and teaming up with each other.

We MFers can guarantee that if you stick with us (and the program) we will stick with you! No if, ands, or buts...!

Read and learn all you can, be motivated by the real life success stories, post alot, and stay the course! How exciting running along beside you!

Lizabette
:runner: :runner: :runner:
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby SueInSLO » February 26th, 2006, 5:52 pm

Hi there Jim!! :wave:

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!

You'll do great on the Medifast and you'll have lots of support right here in this forum.

Read and post often....it sure helps!

:goodluck:

Sue
:D
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » February 26th, 2006, 7:21 pm

Hey, Jim and John ~

We're happy to have you aboard the trains to Thinsville!

:shock: Scrabbler, I am glad to :shades: see you, too! :whoohoo:

J & J, the important thing is to read everything you can FIRST so that you will have a good understanding of the program. As soon as you get your Quick Start Booklet, read it and do so several times the first week. It seems we always find something juicy in the program book the second and third time through that answers our questions and quenches our "I-wonder-if-I-can-haves!"

One of the things that helps people to be successful losers and successful weight managers is to be accountable. I see that you already made a commitment to begin on March 7th and will weigh in, beginnng March 10th - that means you are serious about losing it, Jim!

Here's to your success Jim and John! :toast:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby sfpolarbear » March 2nd, 2006, 2:21 pm

Hey Jim. You still around? Have you ordered yet? I need to give you a call.

John

Highest weight: 355
Lowest weight after 1st time around: 210
sfpolarbear
Newbie - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.