New to Medifast....panic attack?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New to Medifast....panic attack?

Postby cindy1958~ » January 10th, 2006, 12:39 pm

Hello all:
It's good to have this site to chat, discuss, vent, etc. I have to say this is my 5th day and so far so good. I got up this morning and was a bit nervous.....it felt like a panic attack. I was wandering if anyone else has had this happen before. I hate feeling this way. I was afraid that it may have something to do with the "shakes". I did drink my Vanilla shake and nothing has happened.....I mean no more nervous feelings, panic, etc.

Okay, My name is Cindy. I just had a birthday...January 5th as a matte of fact. I gave Medifast to ME for my birthday. I am very grateful for Medifast and this site. I will keep you all informed on my progress and successes.

My beginning weight was 195. I am 5'2''. Yes, I'm a short person. I can't wait to go for my first weigh in at the doctors offices. I have to tell you all I am doing the "complete" meal thing......5-6 drinks daily with lots of water.

I thank you all in advance for the support and insightful information. Good luck to all..............Cindy :-)

<edit>email removed in username for spam protection - UT</edit>
cindy1958~

Postby Carrie » January 10th, 2006, 12:53 pm

Cindy,

Welcome to the forum!

Well, I certainly don't know you at all - but I'll take a stab at answering your question........

Overeating is a way to stifle emotions - not feel things. When I am not allowing myself to overeat, I start to feel all those emotions that I was covering up with food. It can be very frightening. I know I had to learn all over again how to HAVE a feeling AND HANDLE it without eating.

For me it's a well-established habit, that I know I'll have to moderate all my life. Every day I have to choose to handle life by overeating or not (and I really wasn't dealing with it when I ate - I just thought I was).

Make sure you pay attention to what's going on with you. Let yourself have feelings, and more importantly, make the decision to FEEL them, instead of covering them up with food.

MAybe this doesn't apply to you at all, but it's what happened to me......

My 2 cents,

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Panic Attack

Postby Jan » January 10th, 2006, 12:55 pm

Hi Cindy,
I'm not a Dr so if this continues I'd certainly check it out the next time you see your Dr or sooner if it gets worse. My non-medical opinion is that you may have been a little low on potasium and that made you a little shaky. You are losing lots of water and along with that lots of salts. A cup of good old chicken bouillon will generally help that. Plus, you may be a little anxious about the program itself. There I can reassure you. It works, and works really really great. Just follow it exactly and you'll have great results.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Gwenski » January 10th, 2006, 2:16 pm

Cindy -

Talk about Happy Birthday to YOU!!! Nice choice.

I agree on whole boullion thing and talking to your doctor. It may be both physical and mental -- starting to deal with life cold turkey without the crutch of food is a tall order somedays. See, so Carrie could be right too --- talk about a good place to come!!

Welcome, hang in there and get some boullion or fast soups to keep you going some. I will also suggest keeping a good journal to track your Medifast and you as a whole --- that way you can see if this a pattern, supplement spacing thing or if you are needing to learn and practice new coping mechanisms. You are SO going to do this!!!

Way to shake it up!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby dlr2424 » January 10th, 2006, 6:04 pm

Cindy... :wavie: ...welcome to you and ditto to all the good advice ....... :D ......we are all here for you .. :yes: ...and will gladly encourage... :yourock: .....motivate.... :clap: ....support..... :hug: .....whatever the need may be.... :guzzle: ...so keep shaking your way to health and we will be cheering you on every step of the way..............
:cheerleader:

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Carrie » January 11th, 2006, 5:57 am

Ohhh, yeah, I forgot about the salt thing.......

I do remember a couple times when I felt really rotten kinda suddenly, but for me it wasn't a fear/anxiety sort of thing, it was more like I just felt CRUMMY. And a fast soup or boullion would perk me up in a few short minutes.

And make sure you're drinking your WATER!!
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.