New beginning

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New beginning

Postby Eliteshar » July 8th, 2006, 5:22 am

:lol: Good morning! Last month I ran into a friend at an art event, and didn't even recognize her; she had lost 90 lbs! Not only did she look good, her whole aura of confidence was amazing. Anyway, she put me onto this website, and after reading up on MF and the forum posts, I took the plunge and ordered. My product arrived yesterday, and I'm starting today. I have 60 lbs to loose, have been fit and unfit over the years. Besides the benefit of going shopping in the back of my closet (I've kept my most favorite "fit" clothes), my main motivator is health. I had a total hip replacement last year, and just found out that I have nerve damage in my lower back which shoots down both legs, so it answers the questions as to why I still have pain problems with I walk or stand too much. Plus, my cholesteral level is off the chart. Both my doctors, internist and orthopedic, are on board with the MF program; saying it will not cure these two concerns, but will dramatically help!

:?: Okay, enough rambling. Have a "snack" question. When I ordered my 4-wk supply over the phone, I was not asked if I wanted to order the fast soups or snacks, and didn't think to order myself. What commercial boullions and "chips" can I use until I place another order?

:?: Another question. Regarding foods to take to the office. Since cooking on a stove is out, which meals are best in this arena? I'm guessing the hot drinks, pudding, oatmeal, bars, and L&G?

Looking forward to changing my lifestyle!
Shar :lol:
Eliteshar

Postby Arklahoma » July 8th, 2006, 5:36 am

In answer to your questions, I use HerbOx packets for broth, but you should be able to use whatever your store carries. At this stage, I wouldn't add any crunchy anything ~ only MF stuff. For me, food at work has been bars, RTD's (ready to drink shakes) and pudding. I have never been able to get the hot drinks right unless I'm at home and next to a microwave and a whisk, but I know others have been successful. For the pudding, I put the cold water in the shaker jar with the packet and just shake. Works out quite well.

:goodluck:
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Prancer » July 8th, 2006, 5:41 am

Welcome!! You are going to LOVE MF and this site!!

I think Ark answered your questions so good luck and get shaking!
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby tinad » July 8th, 2006, 5:49 am

Hi Shar. I am new to the group as well. I started on 7-5-06 and as of this morning I have lost 4 lbs, wahoo.

I also work full time in an office environment and have done so many yo yo diets that I didn't really want to tell anyone in the office about this one. I have been having a shake before I leave for work. About 3 hours later I have an oatmeal. So many people at my work eat oatmeal, so it doesn't seem unusual to them. Around lunch, if I stay in I bought a shaker and make a shake, put ice in it with a straw. One of the girls I work with asked me yesterday why I wasn't eating a salad, I said I was just eating a meal replacement shake. She didn't ask too much about it. I save the bar for mid afternoon. I did this schedule Wed-Thurs-Fri and lost those 4 lbs.
Hope this helps.
-Tina
tinad

Welcome!

Postby mousehouse62 » July 8th, 2006, 6:29 am

Shar,
Welcome to eating better and living life to it's fullest!!!
I, too, bring my "packet" to work with me and I set the timer on my cell phone to remind me when it is time for my next meal! I chose to package my meals for the month in ziploc baggies with the day number on the front so all I need to do is grab a bag in the morning, eat my oatmeal and stick the bag in my purse. We, my husband and I, are both on the plan and we have chicken bouillion and a pickle and perhaps some celery and maybe some jello but never abusing the treats! That's how we feel about those. Just walk proud and know that you are doing your best to feel good, look good and just have a wonderful zest for life by doing MF.
I do have a microwave at work but sometimes take along an extra shake when time is crunching so I can shake it up and go and keep on going!
Good luck to you!
S/W 179
Now 152 1/2
G/W 135
HUBBY HAS MET HIS GOAL OF 155!!!! Go sweetie!!! :0)
mousehouse62
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby TonyR » July 8th, 2006, 12:21 pm

Welcome!! You are going to look and feel wonderful! Good luck to you, and come by and ask any other questions you may have!
Start 5/1/06
Goal 3/1/07
TonyR
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Getting Started

Postby Jan » July 8th, 2006, 12:56 pm

Hi There :D
I am soooo happy you have joined us. It is a wonderful program and the memebers of the forum here are terrific. You'll get lots and lots of support and don't be afraid to ask questions. We'll try and answer them.
Now as to bouillon....regular bouillon is fine. We don't worry about the salt unless you have a medical condition which salt would affect. The MF products are soo low in sodium that regular bouillon is not a problem. In fact, during your first few days you may wish to have a cup to replace some salts that you will be losing -- running to the potty you know. :mrgreen: If you feel a bit weak go ahead and have a cup....it helps.
Now as to snacks, stick with the celery and pickles. They are crunchy. Next time you order get yourself some soy crisps -- they're great and you could order some crackers too. The soups are wonderful with the crackers. Each is a snack though so each day you make a choice. I've heard the white cheddar cheese soy crisps are delicious in the cream of tomato soup. Keep posting -- we'll all help you along the way. And you are doing the very very best thing for yourself. Your cholesterol shoud be coming down and you won't be straining that new hip. :D :D
I'll be looking for you
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 8th, 2006, 10:03 pm

Everyone answered your questions pretty well, I just wanted to say hello and Welcome!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mike » July 8th, 2006, 10:31 pm

Welcome and good luck. As for snacks, I checked the nutritional information for Genisoy and Quaker Soy Crisps. As best I can tell, if you had half of one serving of those it would come close to one Medifast package of soy crisps. So, if you just can't wait you might get away with that, but again, not preferred.
What I would do is place a small order for fast soups and crackers and soy crisps and just wait for those.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sidrah » July 8th, 2006, 10:38 pm

Welcome aboard.

For work I found that worked best for me was making the soup, oatmeal, hot chocolate, or chai. I have a littel plug in hot water maker thingy. I don't make shakes at work, but I have one on the way in and just shake it up again when I need to finish it up and it separates by the time I get there. I have microwaved soups and oatmeals and they always work fine.
But, I like the hot water pot cause I am adding the water right in and I don't have to keep running to the next room to microwave and stir and repeat,

I also like to make oatmeal cookies and bring them in to have with something to drink. I teach, so it is easier to slide them in unnoticed than a bowl of something hot.

Search the recipe room for the oatmeal cookie recipe and othere, buy some flavored SF syrups and you will be set. Just follow the rules and go. :mrgreen:

The white cheddar soy crisps are also good scoopers for tuna. I swear they taste like Trader Joe's cheese doodles.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby sheila » July 9th, 2006, 1:42 am

Hi there. And welcome! :D
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Eliteshar » July 9th, 2006, 5:54 am

:D Thanks everyone for your replies and "welcomes". Great suggestions and support. I'll play around with the recipe forum as I move forward this week.

Shar :lol:
Eliteshar

Return to Come on in.