New and looking for a buddy

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New and looking for a buddy

Postby Makingchanges » June 5th, 2006, 6:10 pm

HI,
I just started the program yesterday and would love to find someone that would like to buddy up for this journey. Im 53 years old,married for 28 years with 4 grown childern (two step) I have two wonderful cocker spaniels that I mother now. Laddie 9 yrs and Champ 4 yrs. I need to lose about 100 lbs. My hobbies are watercolor painting,knitting, quilting, reading and traveling.
Anyone out there interested in being buddies?
Sharon
Makingchanges

Postby emarooster » June 5th, 2006, 7:59 pm

:thumbig: Hello Makingchanges, welcome to the forum. You made it through your first day!! :cleader: I started today, although I joined the group here about a week ago. Everybody here is SOOO supportive of one another. You will find lots of encouragement here. Everybody here is your buddy. Take heart, we are all doing this together.
:cheers:
Our family motto: "We Put the FUN in Disfunctional!"
emarooster
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Elke » June 5th, 2006, 8:05 pm

Hi Sharon, Welcome to the group. I have found with this group, every is your buddy. If you need help, just call and you will get so many responces you will be reading all night :) No one will be left behind unless they choose to leave. Stick around and someone will latch on to you and help you along.
Again...WELCOME
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » June 5th, 2006, 8:12 pm

Yep, we're all buddies here. I don't want to speak for everyone else, but feel free to PM me anytime, too. (I forgot to see if you're registered. If not, register and then you an PM folks.)

We're all here to help each other!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Arklahoma » June 6th, 2006, 3:19 am

Arklahoma

Postby Serendipity » June 6th, 2006, 5:11 am

Hi and welcome! The others are right. We're all friends here. We are also a very diverse group, but we have one huge part of our lives in common.

Join in on the discussions and ask all the questions you have. Soon we'll seem like family ;)

BTW, I quilt, knit, read, travel, too! Haven't tried water color, yet, but only because I haven't found the time.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby falisamarie » June 6th, 2006, 5:27 am

Welcome Sharon! It is great to have you here with us! You stumbled on the greatest place ever for support!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Makingchanges » June 6th, 2006, 7:41 am

Hi,
Thank everyone. I guess I was just thinking it might be fun to have someone to compare notes with as we are losing. I like to post frequently and was looking for some ongoing support without starting a new topic all the time. Are there any post that are more ongoing?
You are all right though about this being the most awesome support group you could wish for.
Thanks again. By the way when I tried to register I somehow messed things up and now It won't allow me to use the screen name Seemelose . Im the same person that has been posting with that name. I will try again now to see if it will let me use that name.
Thanks again
Sharon
Makingchanges

Postby electra000 » June 6th, 2006, 9:02 am

Hi Sharon, and welcome ! :wave: I started yesterday also! Feel free to pm me anytime ! We can do this together ! :thumbup:
electra000
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » June 6th, 2006, 8:10 pm

Oh, Sharon, you do seem to be having trouble with registering, don't you? Maybe Unca Tim could talk you through it by phone or something?

And there are a couple of ongoing threads, but not many. And of course there's the weekly roll call thread, too. Mostly people just start a new thread, though. Or PM.

The site I used to belong to had a journal section, where people could keep more personal stuff (it could only be viewed by registered members) and friends would drop in on each other. I kinda wish we had that here, too.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Guest » June 7th, 2006, 10:20 am

Hi Dogma.
Thank again. Another member just pointed out to me that I am registered that I juat need to log in. Duh----
So I guess im up and running now. This is day four and Im loving it.
Sharon

Postby lifelovinaries » June 12th, 2006, 9:26 pm

Welcome aboard MAKING CHANGES or SEEMELOSE, whoever you are! hehehe!! Glad to have you with us.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Diana » June 12th, 2006, 9:29 pm

Hi, and welcome, Sharon!

It sounds like you would really like the Journal room! That way you could have a running dialog, as you said, without having to post new topics.

Enjoy!! This is indeed a great group with LOTS of experience and compassion.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Return to Come on in.