New - 1st week

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

New - 1st week

Postby brown1823 » May 3rd, 2005, 12:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce my husband and I. Jeff is 6'3" tall and weighed 279. I am 5'7" and weighed (shamefully) 288.6. Jeff wants to loose about 60 pounds and I want to loose 130-140. We have successfully completed week one today. Jeff lost 16.4 pounds and I lost 17.6!!! We are on the complete program (5-6 shakes a day only). I have to admit the first week was difficult. I really miss food. We have been married happily for 12 years. ( If you look at it I have gained 10 pounds every year that we have been married. ) We have gotten into a routine of going out to eat at nice restaurants almost everyday. We love to go out to eat with family and friends too. It has been an adjustment, but we are committed to this diet! Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated. I was curious about something....after the first week of big weight loss how much weight did you loose in weeks 2 and 3? On average how much weight did you loose the first month?

Thanks,
Kerry
brown1823

Postby doglover » May 3rd, 2005, 12:17 pm

Welcome Kerry & Jeff! Congrats on your first week!

The second week got easier for me emotionally, physically and mentally! Everyone is different, and I'm sure Nancy our head of state here on this forum, will chime in soon! But the avg. weight loss is 2-5 lbs per week. Many on this board have a large loss week 1 and 2 (especially those w/ more wieght to lose) and then slow down or even stall at week 3 and 4. But keep going - this does work and it is incredibly easy!

Thanks for introducing yourself! Come here often!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby fatBgone » May 3rd, 2005, 12:37 pm

Hi Kerry & Jeff.
WOW - you guys both had an awesome first week!! For me, I lost about 8 pounds the first week, and then have been averaging about 2-4 on the other weeks. On my 3rd week, I didn't lose anything and I was getting really frustrated, but then it just started dropping a little almost every day. It's very exciting & like Donna said, it's so much easier than other diets I have tried. I've lost 25 pounds in about 6 weeks and want to lose about 50 more. I love not having to think about what and how much of everything to eat - I just go to my box of stuff & choose something and waalaa....that's it. Well, a big welcome to both of you - and keep on losin!! This is a fun group....I just found it a few days ago...and am already hooked!! I check for new messages at least 3 or 4 times a day....crazy, uh??
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 3rd, 2005, 1:14 pm

Welcome Kerry & Jeff. You have come to the right place if you are looking for support, inspiration, encouragement, and even laughter.

You had magnificent 1st weeks. Don't be surprised, as Donna and Lisa, have already stated if your loss begins to slow and may even stall. We all tend to get a little frustrated :x and even a little angry when we stall. However, this too shall pass. (you will hear that a lot around here :D)

You both are doing great. I look forward to chatting :puter: with you often and sharing in your success.

DonicaB :yeah:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » May 3rd, 2005, 2:14 pm

.Kerri & Jeff..... :wavie: ....WELCOME to you both........that is awesome you are in this together!!!..... :yes: ............your first week was outstanding... :star: ... :D ... :star: .......a great motivator to continue on............looking forward to sharing the journey with you and cheering you on to victory........... :dance:
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby want2Bthin » May 3rd, 2005, 2:22 pm

Kerry & Jeff-

Welcome and congrats on an awesome first week!!! 8)

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » May 3rd, 2005, 2:45 pm

Kerry and Jeff ~

Wowser! :bouncie: You two have an incredible weight loss for your first week!

It is one for the record book, for sure!

The ensuing weeks will most likely begin to even out.

Jeff may lose up to a pound a day; your loss may be .5 pounds a day on average or slightly less.

Just remember, we are not having a :runner: race here, we are in it for the long haul - for health and wellness.

It will get easier. It is :x NEVER easy. Just know that it will get easier.

I shall always speak the truth.

Maintenance is really hard. REALLY hard.

Right now, your job is to drink those drinks and slurp that water - all of it and just read and re-read the Quick Start Booklet, read Succes in a Shaker Jar and think thinny thoughts - 'cuz that's where you two are headed: Thinville!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

thanks

Postby brown1823 » May 3rd, 2005, 5:16 pm

Thanks for the support. I look forward to updating you on our success!

Kerry
brown1823

Return to The Weight Room