1st week

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

1st week

Postby LAwoman » March 7th, 2005, 9:13 pm

Well hello fellow MF losers,

I began this journey last week, Tuesday, March 1. Since I'm weighing in every Monday, my first week is short one day. And guess what???

I LOST 8 POUNDS!!! :yay: (did I just scream that?!? :oops: )

I have continued to read all your posts this week and they have been informative and inspiring to say the least. THANK YOU!

This first week has gone quite well, different and better than I thought.

This weekend, a conversation I had with a friend years ago popped into my head that might explain why this program is so much more manageable for me and possibly you. He was trying to quit smoking and I was trying to lose weight.

We talked about drug, cigarette, and alcohol habits (to name a few) versus food. I'm sure kicking these habits is extremely difficult. When an addict wants to kick their habit, they must completely stop ingesting it. There's NO, "maybe I'll just smoke ciggies on the weekends" or "I'll only shoot-up or smoke crack on Sat. nights" or "I can choose to have a drink or not". They must completely stop and keep what is for them "poisin" out of their system.

Well, it isn't that way with food. We have become overweight for one reason or another. We have either developed habits of eating too much, eating unhealthy, or both for a variety of reasons. But unlike the other addictions, we can't just stop eating food because we need it to survive. So it makes if difficult to change our habits while all the while still needing to eat.

I hope I was able to articulate this thought the way I mean it. Anyhow, it made a lot of sense to me. In a way, I'm sort of giving up the habit of food as I know it in exchange for MF. It explains why I struggled with other diets and why this one works.

Also, I'm keeping a list of all the great things related to MF and/or getting thin. It's good for me to look at it when I have one of those "discouraging days." I'm just going to keep adding to it while I whittle on down to a lithe 130 pounds. Hope it helps all you wonderful people who have helped me.

***1. Don't have to think about, fret about, prepare, clean up after, stress about... food.
2. Easier to wake up in the morning, feeling lighter and less tired.
3. The weight is dropping off.
4. All the wonderful, supportive, caring, helpful, informative individuals at this forum that have helped keep me inspired and focused.
5. No more mood swings! (unless Aunt Flo is coming to visit, she can still manage to tweak the emotional chord.)
6. Reading and sharing all your great success.
7. Compliments, compliments, compliments. From your eyes are sparkling, to your skin just glows, to you look great...
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby cplantho » March 7th, 2005, 9:19 pm

"I'll only shoot-up or smoke crack on Sat. nights."

You'd be amazed how many addicts actually tell me that. Like it makes a difference. :roll: Excellent points, my dear. Keep up the great work!
Christy
301/273.2/199

Started Jan. 24, 2005
cplantho
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby cthrn007 » March 8th, 2005, 7:56 am

That's right...nice post. I am excited for your 8 lb. weight loss and new outlook on your health!!

Keep shakin it LAwoman!!!
~C
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 8th, 2005, 4:41 pm

LaWoman................CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a great 1st week...8 lbs :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Donna

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby kassilou » March 8th, 2005, 5:02 pm

Congratulations on your first week loss! That is great!!!!

Keep on shakin'!!! :mrgreen:
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Return to The Weight Room