Need Christmas Help!!! Please!!!

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby VictoriousNat » October 17th, 2006, 5:54 am

For Sojo and Jo:

Last edited by VictoriousNat on October 17th, 2006, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Elizabeth » October 17th, 2006, 9:16 am

Ok jo and Sojo
You are freakin me out too!
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Diana » October 19th, 2006, 10:18 pm

XMAS120 wrote:I think we decided that we are going to have a Christmas-themed birthday party and ONLY invite the people we would invite to a kiddie party. It excludes some people, but there is not much I can do. Our lives will have to change a little now that we have a baby born on Christmas Eve :(

Just another plea: Please consider inviting everyone you would invite anyway and give THEM the choice of not attending. As I said, Mike and I have been left out of a lot. We can't have children of our own and we haven't adopted; so now that our friends their own children, we aren't usually invited to the birthday parties (except in the case of Tony and Sharon). Some really will take it as a message that they don't fit in your lives anymore, or the life of your child, by not inviting them. Give them the option. Say "Gifts Optional" on the card instead of not necessary.

Yes, your life will change in ways I am not qualified to guess. But if you HAVE a tradition that includes other people, you can be it's become THEIR tradition, also. And a first birthday party is more for the adults, anyway.

I, too, am a December baby (Dec 30th -- New Year's Eve's Eve -- try planning a party on THAT day!). There are LOTS of ways my family made me feel special and honored throughout the year, and when I got older I got to choose what I did on my birthday (usually it WASN'T a party but a special outing with a close friend or two).
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Previous

Return to What's Shakin'