Nancy-- Donations for Martha?

Meet Terry and Nancy.

Nancy-- Donations for Martha?

Postby Carbshateme » August 31st, 2005, 7:32 am

Or, anyone else who knows.. is there a way to Paypal money for a donation to Martha and her family? Has anyone set up an account? I would love to contribute. Thanks!
Carbshateme
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby sprgrammy » August 31st, 2005, 8:26 am

Carbs....I think this is a great idea. I would certainly be willing to make a donation. But I am not sure how to get something like this started either. Blessings to all, Carol
sprgrammy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » August 31st, 2005, 8:32 am

Yep....I'm in
MMT is in.
I'll work on some details and post later....
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Carbshateme » August 31st, 2005, 9:53 am

Excellent Unca! Please let us know how we can help! :)
Carbshateme
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » August 31st, 2005, 12:07 pm

Of course MMT is contributing.

Unca will reply on the hows...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LuzInIt » August 31st, 2005, 1:05 pm

Spent the morning watching the news and crying. I tried to read the posts aloud from Kim, Martha, and others personally affected by this tragedy to my husband, but couldn't get any sound past the lump in my throat; he had to read for himself over my shoulder.

We got good news from our friends below Mobile. They and their properties are OK; everyone's just incredibly sad about what is happening to their neighbors in the Gulf region. Hopefully, we will hear good news soon from Martha. Tink, who has been missing from us for awhile, is an Alabama girl living not too far from Martha.

Martha, if you get a chance to read this, know that we love you here. Please let us know your situation. If there is anything possible we, your Medifast friends, can do for you and your family, we will. My family is praying earnestly for yours and will continue to do so. xoxoxo
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby sprgrammy » August 31st, 2005, 1:09 pm

Waiting patiently Unca. God bless you for taking care of all the details. Blessings, Carol
sprgrammy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » August 31st, 2005, 1:31 pm

Well....i've been thinking this over. I do have a PayPal acct., but they take a little cut, so it's probably best to send it directly to Martha when we hear from her.

We could also send it to Nancy and she could forward it onto Martha. It's probably best to use checks or money orders made out to:
Martha Wright

If you've noticed my other post, I'll be leaving in the morning for 10 days. My check is already made out and on Nancy's desk ready to go as soon as we know where to send it.

It's up to you guys whether you want to wait and send direct, or through Nance.

Nancy will get some addresses posted, as soon as we're sure how we're going to do it.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » August 31st, 2005, 10:59 pm

Folks ~

:cry: As of tonight (Wednesday 11 PM), I have not heard anything from Martha.

Up until this afternoon, I kept getting a recording that said all circuits were busy. Approximately 1:30 PM this afternoon my call rang through and I reached Martha's voicemail and left a message for her to call me when she gets an opportunity. If she is in an area without electricity, her phone charger will be of no use to her and her battery may not last long enough to make many calls.

At the time I last spoke to Martha on Sunday, her husband Doug was in Texas, she had taken her Mother to her son's brick home and was planning on staying there; her daughter had made a reservation for the last two available rooms at a hotel.

For those of us who are waiting to hear about Martha and other friends and family members, this is difficult - we want to do something - somehow when we are active, it makes us feel better. It is really hard to watch the events unfold on television, to see the skankiness of the looters, to view the elderly and the children being plucked from rooftops and muddy water, it intensifies our feelings of helplessness.

I love you all for your care and for wanting to join us in making a donation to Martha. Perhaps it is best to hold off just a little bit until we know more about her specific needs or her whereabouts.

Of course I will see to it that any donations get to her as soon as I have a place to send them. If you wish, please send a check or a M.O. made out to Martha Wright.

You may send it to me here at the MakeMeThinner Cottage:

Nancy Kay Pettit
8413 NE 15th Street
Vancouver, WA 98664

The moment I hear anything, I will advise you!

Praying for the survivors, rescuers and families in the shadow of Hurricane Katrina
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to A Message from your Hosts