MUNCHIES...!!!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

MUNCHIES...!!!

Postby THINKTHIN » February 20th, 2005, 9:33 am

Ok, so I had the munchies... I opened up my fridge and saw bologna, mozzarella cheese, and other fun stuff.. ironically, I heard them calling my name, too! Isn't that weird :mrgreen: ! So, I decided to take a detour of the fridge and grab a cucumber and roma tomato. I sliced them up and added a sprinkle of salt and pepper! The crunch of the cucumber really took off the edge of eating my childrens chips and crackers! yeah for me!

When you guys get the munchies, what do you tend to eat?

~Tiesha
THINKTHIN
Preferred Member - #10 Club

hi

Postby NikkiNix » February 20th, 2005, 11:16 am

Hi Thinkthin,

I am on the full-fast so when I get the munchies I tend to drink a huge glass of chicken bullion water and then I have 24oz of water and if I am still hungry I make some coffee and drink that because it helps me to be less hungry. If I am still dieing of the munchies I have another shake and if I just can't handle it anymore I take a bath or go to bed just so I won't eat real foodies and mess up. Ok I will stop rambeling but you asked.

Good post ;)
Nikki
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
NikkiNix
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby THINKTHIN » February 20th, 2005, 3:28 pm

hi nikki!

thanks! wow.... all that liquid!!! your bladder must be your worst enemy :mrgreen: ! i tend to drink so much that i crave that extra special needed crunch sometimes. about 30 minutes after eating and posting that question i was craving food again. so, i did drink 16oz of water and packed the kids up and went shopping! :mrgreen: shopping really makes me feel good!!! i also ordered the bars. i love the fruit ganola and the smore's. so hopefully, i will receive them on wednesday. i also bought the crackers. i haven't had them yet. do you eat them? i bought both the multi and the garden vegetable. basically i drink 4 shakes and eat a soup. my dinner varies... the majority of time i will eat lamb or veal. tuna in a can is also a staple. i make a big salad and add the tuna on top. well.. now look at me, now i am rambling!!! thank you for the reply and good luck to us on MF!

Happy losing,

Tiesha
THINKTHIN

Postby bk » February 20th, 2005, 4:28 pm

Tiesha - thought you might want some advance warning - as of a week ago friday, the fruit granola bars were out of stock! fortunately, they are supposed to be back in stock in 1-2 weeks, so you might get lucky.

my minestrone is backordered for 3-4 weeks, so i am waiting very impatiently for that.

anyways, i just eat a claussen mini dill if i have the munchies, and make sure to eat solid type supplements (soup, chili, oatmeal). but i don't take a pickle out of munchie-boredom, just when i feel like i need to have one to get me to the next shake!

bk

p.s. i think the crackers are great, but i haven't tried the vegetable kind. i like plain crackers anyways. a lot of people crush them up and put them in a soup. pretty good in the chili, especially if you accidentally overseason it. :roll:
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby THINKTHIN » February 20th, 2005, 5:58 pm

oh, no... :shock: i hope they are not out of stock. won't it usually let you know before you purchase??? i hope so... i love the granola, especially in the morning...

i am tickled pink about the crackers. aren't i silly? i love food... always have and always will, even though it is my worst enemy :twisted: !!!

thanks for the notice.. cross your fingers for my granola :mrgreen:

tootles~
THINKTHIN

hi

Postby NikkiNix » February 20th, 2005, 9:42 pm

Hi Thinkthin,

You had asked if I ate the crackers and that would be a no. I am on the full-fast and the only other supp. I eat is the chilli. I am on the heavier side of the scale even on this forum so I am sticking to a strict 5 MF replacements a day without any extras except an occasional fast soup when I feel a little lightheaded. I don't even eat pickles or jello because it seems when I put anything in my mouth it sets me off into a binge. Tonight my family came over and my Dad ordered pizza hut pizza and I sat with them while they ate it and didn't even think about grabbing a piece for myself. Infact when they were ready to leave I had them take the extra pizza and cinnimon sticks home with them so I wouldn't be tempted to sneak a bite latter. I also wanted to say congratulations on eating tomatoes and cucumbers instead of those nasty greasy chips. It is true i frequent the bathroom so much my toilet has my name inprented on it. I kid but when I lose about 100lbs I will transition to the 5 and 1 plan and I might have to order some crackers then. You will have to let me know how the garden vege crackers are, they sound yummy.

Good luck,
Nikki
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
NikkiNix
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bk » February 21st, 2005, 12:01 am

nope, it didn't let me know when i ordered. last i knew (as of feb 1, per nancy) that s'mores bars & maple oatmeal (among some other things) were in backorder. i got both of those, but no fruit & nut granola and NO MINESTRONE!!!! and of course those two things weren't on the backorder list, so I was not expecting it not to come! but i DID get the s'mores bars (and they totally rock!).

not silly to like the crackers. they are radically different than any of the supplements. carby salty crunchy!

great job with the temptations ladies! one of my friends has been cleaning out my pantry for me. the last two nights he made "trail mix." coconut, raisins, chocolate chips. obviously if they are in my pantry i like all three! i just sit there and sip my hot cocoa like they are totally invisible to me. gotta put the blinders on when it comes to these things!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby THINKTHIN » February 21st, 2005, 7:57 am

pizza... ???? and you didn't even splurge?? wowzaaaa! two thumbs up for you, nikki! :lol: i probably would have had to remove myself from the situation. you see, i have this inner person who wants me to jump right in to the food. i am trying so hard to get rid of her! :mrgreen: normally, before when i took the kids to ci ci's pizza, i would order all the toppings minus the crust. and they bake it for me in a special tin. i figured, that my body would still be in ketosis even if i did eat just the fixings. next day when i weighed myself, no pounds were added! just a cheap trick! but it worked... (for me)! the all you can eat salad bar saved me too!

i am getting excited about my bars and crackers... i'm such a dork! bk, i will let you know if they are back ordered once they come in. i hope not... i'll be so upset if they are :cry:

i can totally relate to the name on your porcelin God. i have one too! that's a good thing isn't it??? don't hate, but i even have the toilet ring embedded around my tush. i can't wait to actually use the bathroom and not get a ring around the butt! :mrgreen: i want to weigh less!!!! ok, now i am being silly ;)

well, i'm off to go shopping.... it's my favorite hobby. perhaps i'll buy an exquisite (sp) outfit one size smaller for motivation! and hang it on my handle of the refridgerator. you think??? nah.... i might spill my chocoalte shake on it, yikes!

alright, ladies... have a wonderful productive day today on medifast. i'm off to shop... tootles~

~tiesha
THINKTHIN

Postby 24KaratGold » February 23rd, 2005, 8:58 pm

bk, FYI, the Medifast order that I placed online Saturday night arrived today, and it had my two boxes of minestrone soup in it, so they must be crankin' them out again. I did get a notice that the fruit n' nut granola is still 1-2 weeks behind, though.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby THINKTHIN » February 24th, 2005, 2:56 pm

I just got mine yesterday too!!! My granola didn't make it :( I'm so sad... I tried the peanut butter bar today. It was alright... I had to double up on that snack, so I drank a shake. Pretty filling if I say so.

Also, I just ordered pizza for the kids. I am soooooo nervous :twisted: I am frantically (sp) searching the fridge for something else to eat. I think I am not going sit in the same room with the children. I have some really beautiful boston lettuce, roma tomatoes, cucumbers, purple onions, and a can of tuna calling me. I will have to prepare that as soon as I am through reading everyone's posts. I love this website!

How does the minestrone taste??? I just have the chix noodle and wild rice. Does it have pasta inside?

I wonder... are we allowed to eat gizzards and liver?? I should know this being a cook.... :oops:

Well, I'm off to save myself of cheating!

~Thinkthin!
THINKTHIN

Return to Weight Loss