Misssy

1 Thread per registered User.

Misssy

Postby Misssy » May 21st, 2007, 7:55 pm

Well, Here I am at the end of day three of the diet.

The first day 5/19/07 was rough because I ended up on a day trip w/out enough shakes. The one I did have was not edible at room temperature (note to self - shakes must be very hot or very cold). I did good and didn't eat any junk all day. I figured that it was a perfect time to start, because if I could stick with it in an odd time, I could anytime!

I resisted the fast food that everyone else ordered in the car around me, I didn't get candy from the gas station. I held strong to my water. By the end of the day I was at 160 calories and had worked hard all day so I had a green salad with lemon juice and a small grilled chicken breast at the restaurant with 3 glasses of water!

Day two 5/20/07 went better. I managed to get down 5 shakes and lots of water. I got kind of dizzy so I had some watered down broth, and it helped! I went to DQ for my husband and son and didn't even lick the spoon! I was not even tempted. I read someones story on here that once they started they plowed ahead, and never cheated. They knew it was the change they needed in their life. That is how I feel!

Today 5/21/07 I had 5 shakes. I tried the chocolate for the first time and it is really good with lots of extra water and heated very hot. It is a treat. Don't let it get luke warm thoug (gag). The orange needs to be ice cold! I think I am in ketosis, I can taste it in my mouth. It is an icky sweet taste, that tells me it is working so I can deal with it!

I feel GREAT SO FAR! Food causes me to crash very badly. To the point where I cannot get off of the couch or keep my eyes open. Since I started this I have more energy than ever!

I have played with the kids all day, planted 50 tomatoe plants, weeded my entire garden by digging all weeds out by the roots. I have the house cleaned, dinner cooked, and still lots of energy! It is SOOO NICE!

This is why I know this will work. Because even if for some odd reason I don't lose weight at less than 500 cal/day, I feel GREAT!!!!!

I haven't been able to weigh myself because my son poured water on my scale and fried it. But I plan to get a new one soon.

Hopefully tomorrow goes as smoothly. Another thing I read on here "No food will taste as good as skinny feels." This motto works so easy whenever I am slightly tempted! I can't wait to feel truly good and confident again!

Since I had both of my sons in the last two years I feel sub-human. I am done feeling that way! I want to scoop up my babies and go to the store or the park without being ashamed or exteremely self-aware.
Last edited by Misssy on May 22nd, 2007, 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Misssy

Postby ChynnaDoll » May 21st, 2007, 8:30 pm

Hi Missy!!! Sounding GOOD here girl! Looks like you're get'n'it together. Love your attitude and motivation. Just keep on shakin' one day at'a time and more than likely you WILL soon have welcomed results :-P The worst part is over:+)

Glad you're here. You're doing GREAT!!

Chynna~
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Mike » May 21st, 2007, 8:30 pm

Missy... glad you are doing well. "No food will taste as good as skinny feels." , is one of my favorite mottos (and Nancy's also).

I was wondering about your dates though. Its only 5/21 here in California ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Misssy » May 22nd, 2007, 5:10 am

Fixed the dates. Thanks for pointing me to it! Hopefully by the 28th I will have lost some real weight :).

I messed up the date, my computer was getting ready to crash when I opened the calander to look at the dates, so I got them wrong. I suppose I started on the 19th LOL.

I am a SAHM so dates aren't really at the top of my brain most days. I'm lucky to know the day of the week.

I am also a photographer but I have been avoiding booking shoots because it has been so nice outside and I dont' want to miss a Saturday with my family.

I woke up with an awful headache today, I'm hoping it is just because I am hungry and will go away after my first shake.

Thank you guys for reading and replying to this! It will be really great to make new friends that are going through the same things!

I also hope to look back and see my thought processes through this to help me stick to my goal once I am there.
Misssy

Postby bikipatra » May 22nd, 2007, 5:45 am

Misssy wrote:I am a SAHM so dates aren't really at the top of my brain most days. I'm lucky to know the day of the week.

I am also a photographer but I have been avoiding booking shoots because it has been so nice outside and I dont' want to miss a Saturday with my family.

Don't feel so bad, week before last I think it was I said the Rollcall was in April instead of May since I was the first poster in the thread. I am a SAHB (Stay at Home Blob) since I have no children and my husband cleans the house most of the time. I also love photography but am quite the novice. I have found I prefer photoediting most of all.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lauren » May 22nd, 2007, 6:31 am

Morning, Missy, and welcome aboard! You sound very enthusiastic and charged up, which is awesome! Keep that energy, it will help continue to provide you the momentum throughout the process.

I was curious that no one else commented yet on the way too low number of calories you're currently taking in on MF. Medifast's 5/1 plan should bring you to about 800-1000 calories a day, not less than 500, which you mentioned above. In fact, it will absolutely slow down or stop your weight loss progress if you eat that few calories, your body will think it's in "starvation" mode and start to hold onto every bit of calorie and fat it can get in an effort to keep itself going. So, please, Missy, eat all 5 supplements, and get your full Lean & Green meal. If you have any questions about what that means, drop another post, I am sure people will have lots of input!

You are going to do amazing, and your energy will continue to grow and make your days feel much more fulfilling and active! Congrats on such an exciting step!

Keep on keepin' on...

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Misssy » May 23rd, 2007, 6:34 am

I know I'm not getting enough calories. But I do not trust myself to eat real food and I am having a hard time eating the shakes.

Yesterday I only had 3 shakes and some water. Even my DH is on my case to eat more.

I am making my shakes with 16oz of water so they are filling. I just have to remember to make them and drink them.

It is hard with the babies. I concentrate on getting them fed and taken care of and before I know it the day is over and I haven't had a chance to take care of myself or eat.

That is how I gained this weight, when I was feeding my oldest son (almost 2 now) I would shove crap in my face that I didn't need because I didn't have the time or energy to cook for myself. Even when I made meals for the family at night I worked through dinner and only had time to shove my face full of food while I was cooking and cleaning.

Now that I'm not doing that I am having a hard time finding time for myself. I only got on the computer because my oldest went to bed late so I have a minute while the baby is sleeping and he is sleeping in.

Normally I do not eat meat. That chicken breast I ate on Saturday was the first meat I have eaten in years really. Do low fat, high protein, low carb veggies burgers count as a lean protein???? Obviously no bread with it.???? I know that I can't have beans or nuts which are my usual protein.
Misssy

Postby bikipatra » May 23rd, 2007, 6:39 am

Misssy wrote:

Normally I do not eat meat. That chicken breast I ate on Saturday was the first meat I have eaten in years really. Do low fat, high protein, low carb veggies burgers count as a lean protein???? Obviously no bread with it.???? I know that I can't have beans or nuts which are my usual protein.

Yes they are allowed. I really suggest you read the new Quick Start Guide on this website so you can see all the options open to you. I believe you can have two Boca burgers but please read all the information. It will answer a lot of your questions.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby BiggerInTexas » May 23rd, 2007, 7:15 am

Welcome to MF! You are so strong to stay compliant on so few calories! I was so tired the first few days. It's wonderful that you have so much energy!! :D

Have you tried any of the other supplements? I have shakes most often, but some days I'll throw in a soup for dinner and a pudding or bar for lunch. I LOVE the peanut butter bars. It's good to have some variety.

Also, making up the shakes the night before really helps them dissolve. Takes away a lot of the grittiness. I've also been adding the flavor drops they advertise on the MF website from capellacoffee.com. They're sugar free and they help keep the shakes from getting too boring.

Great job so far! You are a trooper! I LOVE your committment and spirit! :mrgreen:
BiggerInTexas
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 23rd, 2007, 7:43 am

Hi Misssy and welcome,
:wave:

If you read around on the forum here, you'll find out that "less is not better" on this diet.

Your weight loss will actually be less if you don't get all your meals in.
Your body needs enough calories and all the other goodies you get on the program to optimally burn fat.

If you're afraid to mix regular food in your diet right now, there is a full or complete program using 6-7 Medifast meals only.

You must work with your MD to use the full plan.

Let us know how you're doing.....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Misssy » May 24th, 2007, 6:01 am

Well I did ok or maybe just so-so yesterday. I had 3 shakes, 1 plain veggie burger (80cal) and then my husband came home and wanted to go out to eat. I ordered a plain half-salad with lettuce and a bit of onions and small diced tomatoes (very little) with lemon juice and a bit of chicken. I actually asked them to leave out the croutons, cheese, eggs and dressing! (I really use to love cheese). Lots of water all day long.

I wouldn't have had a veggie burger if I had known we were going out.

I am leaving on a one week road trip with the two babies today. I am not worried about the diet. I am bringing lots of frozen water bottles to mix for my shakes and a thermos. I will stick to the plain salads at restaurants. I am commited to this very strongly still!

My joints are also feeling much better already. Not my hands yet, but my knees and hips and shoulders are getting better. I think I was swollen in my joints from a lot of the crap that I was eating, and it is getting better.

It is really amazing. I am feeling more self-confident already. It isn't that I look better yet, or that I lost weight (I didn't replace my scale yet). I think it is that I know I am doing something to make myself look and feel better, so I am not as ashamed as I was when I was ruining myself. I know it shouldn't make sense because other people in public don't know that I am fixing this problem with myself, but I still am feeling better.

p.s. Everyone seems so nice here. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts/information/and encouragement. When I get more comfortable with this I hope to post more to contribute also.
Misssy

Postby Tawanda » May 24th, 2007, 8:49 am

You sound like you have a sound plan and that you are realizing what a wonderful gift you are giving yourself (healthier body) and to your children (a more active and happy parent). I felt so 'good' about myself when I was a few days into the MF program -- for those same reasons.

You sound like you are going to achieve your goals. :)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lauren » May 24th, 2007, 9:00 am

Hi, Missy! Yes, this is a very nice, supportive, and fun group of people! I am thrilled that you are already getting the sense of pride and joy from doing something that is good for you and will make you feel better, physically and emotionally.

Anyway, I am going to sound like a broken record for this, but again, you really are not eating enough. Please take the time to read MF's Quick Start Guide, and get a better overall sense of how much and what you can be eating. The key is to eat 5 MF meals AND the Lean&Green meal. The problem I have with your meals yesterday is mostly that you didn't get enough. Like I said before, and what Unca reiterated, is that you may see initial great loss results, but you will not be likely to continue losing weight with this plan for the long term, it's too few calories, and by the way, you are not getting enough nutritious elements in what you're eating to properly handle the health side of things.

Please, Missy, spend some time reading the materials and this site to make sure you know exactly what you need, or speak to a health advisor to get this info. I want to make sure you succeed at this program in a healthy, energetic, and joyful way - for the long term!

Good luck!

Lauren
Lauren

Postby Sojourner » May 24th, 2007, 1:54 pm

Welcome, Missy!
First of all, great job on the attitude and determination...and congrats on the increased self-confidence ~ those things will carry you a long way.

Secondly, I have to strongly agree with Lauren. Uh-oh...now you have two people that are gonna' go "broken record" on you! Please know that it is out of concern that we are telling you this stuff, okay?

Here's the deal, Missy. There is a huge difference between weight loss and fat loss. Weight loss includes decreases in fat, water, and muscle. A person can lose all kinds of weight and not lose any, or much, fat. What we try to do, and what MediFast is designed for, is to lose fat while maintaining or preserving muscle. As a boon, muscle burns more calories than fat, so it actually helps you in your efforts.

So, generally speaking, the more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism, which results in more calories being burned...even while you sleep! Also, since muscles are more dense than fat, you don't lose much physical "bulk" when you lose muscle. Fat loss results in much more bulk reduction, which translates into a skinnier, less lumpy-bumpy, you! In order for your body to perform this way, though, you must give it enough calories (AND the protein in your L&G) with which to work.

As everyone else has said, please take the time to read the Quick Start guide, because following it will allow you to lose weight but remain healthy while you're doing it.

Best of Luck!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Mavesse » May 24th, 2007, 4:41 pm

Hi Missy...

Just wanted to pop in and say hi :wave: and welcome :D and congratulations on the changes you're making!

Mavesse :mrgreen:
Mavesse
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Next

Return to My Journal