We Missed Leopard Woman's Birthday! Oh no!!!

Meet Terry and Nancy.

We Missed Leopard Woman's Birthday! Oh no!!!

Postby LongWay2go » October 21st, 2004, 4:52 am

Friends, yesterday was the formerly flabulous now fabulous Leopard Woman's 11th birthday, according to Camille's method of calculating age! ;)

We missed it and I missed posting about it because the server was being flaky, so help me make up for failing to recognize her yesterday, won't you all?

Nancy, I hope yesterday was the happiest of birthday's for you! May you continue to enjoy good health, happiness and the love of your friends and family for many years to come!

With love and overwhelming admiration,

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby looznit » October 21st, 2004, 5:42 am

Happy belated birthday wishes Nancy!

You are such an inspiration to us all here at your forum.
Whenever I have nasty thoughts of giving into temptation I think of you and your classy outfits!

Thanks for being here and Happy Birthday!

Stacey

As of today, 25 pounds GONE!!
With God ALL things are possible!
34 yr.
Start Date - Sept. 1, 2004
204/178.5/130
looznit
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » October 21st, 2004, 4:38 pm

Happy...Happy Bday Mrs. LW!!!!!
:)
UT
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 21st, 2004, 4:43 pm

Actually I still calculate that as only 2 years old. What a babe!!!

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Sylvia » October 21st, 2004, 8:28 pm

HAPPY B-DAY NANCY!

I'm glad the website appears to be back to normal - I've felt a little odd the past couple of days not being able to check in regularly.

Glad you're back from what sounds like a wonderful vacation - WE MISSED YOU!

Sylvia
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby RavenKat » October 22nd, 2004, 4:51 am

Happy Birthday Gorgeous!!!!!!

:candle: :cheers:

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby explorthis » October 22nd, 2004, 6:21 am

H
A
P
P
Y

B
I
R
T
H
D
A
Y

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Nancy's Day -She probably was Very Happy to Shake

Postby NE gal in South » October 22nd, 2004, 11:52 am

:D A little on her day and then indulge in moderation because she could.

Wishing you the best - LW.
cmc
cmc
NE gal in South

Postby sudaoning » October 22nd, 2004, 3:32 pm

Nancy your bubbling personality and gererosity of spirit is a blessing to us all.

Wishing you heaps of blessing in return and a joyous birthday!

Donna
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby susan » October 22nd, 2004, 6:49 pm

happy b-day Nancy,sorry I am late.hope it was a happy one.
susan
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » October 24th, 2004, 12:47 am

I JUST found this! Thank you all so very much for the greetings and happy wishes.

Have I told you lately how much you all mean to me?
:hug:
You just ring my chimes!

Our vacation was truly wonderful but I missed you all terribly.

:shock: I worried about you!

I wanted to know if any of you :scratch: advanced to a new club! :x I wanted to know if you were stuck!

I knew you would provide support and :pet: encouragement to one another but I just plain :tears: missed ya!

I enjoyed the :shades: sun, the warm water, the gorgeous flowers, the food was divine - too divine - more about that later - and the snorkeling was so cool - I saw fish that I had never seen before and I saw one that I NEVER EVER wanna see again! :shock: It creeped me out.

I have NO idea what it was - it looked sort of like a combination of an opossum and a puffer fish.

It has a plain face with a snout and little bitsy SHARP teeth and its bod is spotted and puffed. I even had a nightmare about it! Argh!

We saw a moray eel, too. Also Yucky!

We saw turtles every single day from our lanai. They were so wonderful to watch – the waves would dash them back from the rocks and they would just keep coming back like MakeMeThinner Forum friends!

On one of our last snorkel trips at 'Anini Beach our daughter Becky, her husband Chris and I were snorkeling among a blue and red coral reef and a beautiful Papa-sized sea turtle swam along side of us.

He took a peeky-pooh at Leopard Woman and then made a :shades: re-peek, :D smiled and swam off to tell his buddies what he saw! Ha ha!

We went to a luau at the Hyatt and since I NEEDED something to wear ;) Terry bought me a beautiful new island-y outfit – because he can! It will be many months before it is warm enough in Vancouver USA for me to wear it again but I felt like a butterfly in it. I’ll have Unca post some photos for you.

Hawaiian Airlines blessed us on our return flight BIG TIME. How we wanted so much to meet up with our dear HawaiiWhatNot Camille and our flight schedule was so tight it just did not allow it, that is… until our return flight.

I am thoroughly convinced it was a God thing. I prayed that somehow we would be able to hook up with Camille.

We arrived at the airport a couple of hours early and Terry spoke with the ticket agent about getting on an earlier flight from Lihue, Kauai to Honolulu, Oahu.

The two flights prior to ours were both booked solid with no seats available. Then at the very last second, as the doors were about to close, she motioned for us to high-tail it down the little plane trail and we got on!

We made a quick call via cell phone to Camille before lift off to let her know about our changed flight.

But, alas! Neither Camille nor her birds (she’s the proud bird Mom to a parrot and a cockatoo) answered the phone. We left a message and our plane took off for her island.

Meanwhile, that skinny little Onoliscious HawaiiWhatNot was on her way to the airport, heavily laden with :rose: fresh flower leis!

She had set out early on her mission and arrived fresh as a plumeria to look for us.

Ah! We had a Medifast Moment right there at the Honolulu Inter-Island Airport! I think we spied one another just about the same time.

All others in the busy terminal faded into the background.

How she found me, sans my Leopard attire is beyond me, but we beheld one another and ran foward, arms extended. It was a beautiful thing! :stroll:

We had plenty of time to go outside of the secure area, hug and chat it up with Camille and have a short photo session.

:tears: All too soon it was time to depart.

We had one last hug and then Terry and I went through security, climbed aboard the wiki wiki (it’s a little electric bus that takes passengers to the other air terminal) and we then hiked to the gate where we met the rest of our family for the 5.5 HOUR flight to the mainland.

Folks, Camille is drop-dead gorgeous! Surely you all surmised that from her writings. She is so positive and uplifting. Her smile is the embodiment of the ALOHA Spirit!

However, she must get rid of those hugely baggy clothes! She was wearing a tunic top – way TOO BIG for her and NO belt! She is svelte! She is skinny! She is terrific! She needs to go shopping for teensy stuff!

:shock: Confession Time for LW:

Kauai has wonderfully sweet bananas and pineapples. And then there is Kauai Coffee and Kauai Cookies. And Caramacs. They are not Medifast Caramacs either...

Way too many times I visited the Savage Shrimp Truck which parks along the road to our favorite snorkeling and shopping site…Susan the Shrimp Lady makes killer garlic shrimp and serves it up with rice and coleslaw. I had a patent leather chin from killer garlic shrimp juice dripping from the corners of my leopardy grinning mouth...

We celebrated Terry’s birthday at his favorite restaurant, Keoki’s several times. We also had Hula Pie several times at Keoki’s and at Duke’s Canoe Club & Beach Bar…it is like Mud Pie made with macadamia nut ice cream…

Oh, and speaking of ice cream, Lappert’s is another great place to enjoy mac nut or to have Kauai Pie ice cream…

then we visited Jo-Jo’s Clubhouse in Waimea for the island’s BEST shave ice and of course in order for us to be able to make that claim, we had to compare it to several other shave ice stands…

then there’s the Malasada Lady who has a stand next to K Mart at the Kuku’i Grove Shopping Center. She knows me by name and has my picture on the wall!

Because she can, she did…

Leopard Woman is going on the program on Monday.

I intended to begin on Wednesday but that was my birthday…

Jungle Stud took Leopard Woman out for birfday din-din on Thursday…Cheddar Bay Biscuits…

I got birfday candies on Friday and Saturday from well-meaning friends and well, I ate ‘em….

and well tomorrow is Sunday and after church is a potluck so…

Monday, October 25th is IT for moi.

I write tongue in cheek but also with fluffy cheeks.

Fluffier than I have ever allowed them to become.

I went away on vacation planning to enjoy the foods and flaves that I have always denied myself of, knowing full well that Medifast would accompany me to the islands (we had 4 cases of RTDs delivered to our condo!) and also knowing that I would have a big box of product delivered to our home upon our return. On vacation we had RTDs for breakfast, en route to our favorite beaches – Bon Bon and I absolutely would not have made it without our Medifast RTDs and Fruit and Nut Granola Bars! Snorkeling really sapped us and we would come ashore, scarf a bar and gulp a bottle of water and return to the sea.

Mermaids love the Fruit and Nut Bars best…the Caramel Nuts melted in the 90 degree weather and stuck to the wrapper. LW did not look alluring with chocolate smears on her chin and snorkel tube!

BTW, one day Bon Bon and Becky actually fed the fish a packet of Medifast Multi-grain crackers! The fish loved ‘em! It sort of freaked LW out to have so many fish swarming by her, she likes to keep them a healthy distance away in case some are opossum-faced or bring any of their predator friends….for future reference if you are planning an ocean adventure - Becky and I do not wear black bathing suits in the ocean because we do not want sharks to mistaken us for seals…

I figured that after 27 months of compliance, I wanted a little bit of freedom. Well, I’ve had my fling – okay already! I flung big time! Now I am ready to settle back into my Medifast routine and be on with my life. I feel best when I do not eat fatty sugary foods. I look best when I avoid fatty sugary foods.

Mr. Scale is waiting in the gas chamber (the BR) and I shall climb aboard – on Monday and also climb aboard the treadmill and the bike.

On Monday, October 25th, 2004.

Because I can!

Fondest Aloha and adieu!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Simmshe » October 25th, 2004, 10:28 am

Happy belated Birthday, Nancy :D!

I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday and a fabulous vacation! Thanks for sharing so much about your vacation--I was vicariously there for a moment--a little bit too vicariously--I could almost taste the succulent food you described, but I'm on day 4 of my restart, so of course I'm in the food-sensitive stage :|.

So, you deservedly indulged yourself :)! The beauty of MF, as of course you know, is that it take a few days, or more (depending on the damage) to get back to a previous level of weight/health. I'm sure you will be back to your non-waterlogged fabulous self in no time (however, you're always fabulous--"puffy" or not ;)).

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » October 25th, 2004, 11:18 am

Thanks, Darlin' - day 4 for you?

You are already ahead of me!

I will be faithful. Because I can! ;)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy