I miss cheese...

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

I miss cheese...

Postby snowxglassxapple » April 12th, 2005, 12:11 am

I'm a newbie, of course. And I must say, so far I am pretty non-hunger-crazed on this diet.. and believe you me, that's quite a feat. I am normally a bottomless pit.
But one thing I know is gonna drive me nuts sooner or later, is the lack of cheese that I am gonna have to endure.

I just needed to ask...

Does someone know of any sort of cheese substitue that is legal?

PLEASE, I am begging. (I'm sorry if this has already been answered)
Last edited by snowxglassxapple on April 13th, 2005, 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
snowxglassxapple
First Post

Postby doglover » April 12th, 2005, 7:47 am

Hey snow - I do not have a good cheese alternative but I can say that this will pass! You will not have cravings anymore, just bear with it in the beginning. When it gets bad come here and read adn write. Your mind will forget about these cravings.

And, I did hear and interesting thing some years back - if your body craves something it could be an allergy! Maybe you're allergic to dairy! Might be an old wives tale!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby raederle » April 12th, 2005, 8:12 am

doglover wrote:And, I did hear and interesting thing some years back - if your body craves something it could be an allergy! Maybe you're allergic to dairy! Might be an old wives tale!

Hmmm... I must be allergic to Blueberry Beer! :mrgreen: This awesome bar near Fenway Park used to sell blueberry-flavored beer (much like strawberry wheat, etc., but with blueberry flavor instead!), and they would serve it with a scoop of fresh blueberries thrown in, which would effervesce up and down in the beer as it sat all pretty in its pilsner. It was like a blueberry party in a glass! Maybe I could duplicate the effect with seltzer and blueberry DaVinci syrup...?

Snow, I think Donna is right-- hard as it is, you win in the end if you find the strength to get past a craving rather than find an ingenious way to feed the craving! I remember Nancy mentioning soy cheese, but she is maintaining and this might not be kosher for the weight loss phase. I also recall some discussion about using limited amounts of parmesan and fat free cheese here on the forum, but a cheese addict could quickly go berserk with these options. (I speak as a recovering cheese addict myself! ;)) Perhaps Nancy will chime in!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bk » April 12th, 2005, 9:24 am

Heh. That would be the "Bunker Hill Bluebeery Ale" at Boston Beer Works. (note to visitors, for the love of all that is holy, stay away from the fenway area during a sox game unless you are actually attending! not that anyone who is on program would be downing a pint anyhow!)

As for cheese, I wouldn't use a substitute. In my opinion, that's just asking for trouble! The first couple weeks on program I thought about food but now I just don't think about it. Give it a chance, and I'll bet your cravings disappear.
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » April 12th, 2005, 10:33 am

:shock: Huh?

Chimes?

Did I hear someone ring my chime?

Did someone speak forth the name of moi? :lol:

Sorry, Little Darlin’…NO cheese…not yet.

Whazzdis?? :?:

Cravings = allergies?

Sheesh! I hope I am NOT allergic to flowers and diamonds…

I CRAVE flowers… :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

:coach: hello, Unca, hello, Terry…my flower vases are starving…you guys haven’t brought me a bouquet for a while…

Sorry, I digressed. It’s what I do… :oops:

No cheese during the weight loss phase.

Cheese is not the friend of your hips or your heart.
It will still be in the dairy case once you get to maintenance.

Yup, rae's correctamundo.

I DO eat soy cheese now once in a while – Soy-Sation brand Pepperjack. I also eat low cal feta crumbled on a salad once ocasionally. Otherwise I rarely eat the stuff. Not good for my :heart: ticker…yours either

I’m sure I wrote about this elsewhere and I am just too busy right now to use the search clicky – when :shock: I realized just how hard it is to wash cheese off of a plate with hot running water, I thought it must be really hard for my body system to clean it outta my arteries and
I just don’t want my death certificate to say that Leopard Woman died because of a pizza or a grilled ‘sheese samwich.’

I’d rather have it say, she died having the time of her life – meeting her MakeMeThinner Forum friends in the skin, laughing and hooting, digging in her flowerbeds in the cottage back yard, snorkeling in Kauai, and riding The Tower of Terror or Soaring Over California in :shades: California Adventureland.

:hmmm: Believe me, over the course of my foody lifetime, I’ve eaten cowfuls, heck pasturefuls of cheese products!

See what happens when someone rings me up? :hammerhead:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 12th, 2005, 10:34 am

doglover wrote:
And, I did hear and interesting thing some years back - if your body craves something it could be an allergy! Maybe you're allergic to dairy! Might be an old wives tale!
Donna

Oh...GREAT!!!! This means I am allergic to SEX!!! :x

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » April 12th, 2005, 10:49 am

Not gunna touch that one either.

P.S. It's the soy.... :heart: it!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby 24KaratGold » April 12th, 2005, 11:13 am

Dean0408 wrote:
doglover wrote:
Donna

Dean

:roflmao:
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby doglover » April 12th, 2005, 11:36 am

I tell my hubby that all the time Dean - he is just not buying it!!!!
Yes, here you come to crack us up yet again! :lol:
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby babiette » April 12th, 2005, 3:58 pm

What about the cheddar flavoured butter buds?
I've been sprinkling some on my broccoli. :(
babiette
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » April 12th, 2005, 4:19 pm

Welcome to the forum "Miss Cheese"
:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » April 12th, 2005, 4:49 pm

babiette ~

My buds have never personally used the cheddar flavored Butter Buds® but I suspect they are fine for your program as long as you merely sprinkle and do not use the entire shaker bottle...

I have used the parmesan flavored Butter Buds and liked it. There are a variety of flavors, including (hic) Beer Buds! NK :mrgreen:

I always hesitate to give the :mrgreen: green light go ahead for different food items on the Forum because sometimes when I say sure, go for it, Readers go bonkers and use a lot of something. Babiette, I am certain that you will not over-do it. You are doing so well on your weight loss plan.

Example: one Guy was using FF ½ and ½. While a small amount was in itself not a problem in terms of zoinking him out of ketosis, he used it in more than a teaspoonful in his morning cup of coffee.

This guy used a lot of it - he had several Vente sized servings of coffee per day with ¼- ⅓ cup of ½ and ½ in each container of coffee, he used some of the Fat Free ½ an ½ on his Medifast oatmeal for breakfast and a ‘smidge’ to make his evening puddin’ more like the way Mom used to serve it…he was sucking down a :twisted: cup or more per day…the FF ½ and ½ does contain corn syrup and he wondered why he felt the hongries returning…

Use reasonable amounts of it and you should be fine. Regular Buddery Butter Buds have about 5 calories per teaspoon.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby babiette » April 12th, 2005, 5:31 pm

Thanks Nancy.
I won't overdo, I promise.

I'm swiss, you have no idea my sacrifice to give up cheese! Even american type cheese. (isn't there a sobbing smilie? 1 should be inserted here) I tried the parmesan buds, but the smell was too nasty! With cheddar buds, if I close my eyes and pretend really hard it almost tastes like cheese.

Almost.
babiette
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Guest » April 12th, 2005, 7:57 pm

Dean0408 wrote:

Dean

Dean, what are we going to do with you?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Postby want2Bthin » April 12th, 2005, 7:58 pm

Oops- the above mentioned guest was me.

Angelia