medifast mention in People mag

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

medifast mention in People mag

Postby mom23boys » January 1st, 2006, 1:38 pm

I happened to pick up a copy of People magazine--the issue about people losing 1/2 their weight without surgery or gimmicks--and one of the women profiled was a woman from Bowie, Maryland (literally down the street from me) who lost over 100 lbs doing medi-fast. I'm not sure if this issue is still on newsstands, but it was very nice to read such an inspiring story. Incidentally, she is on maintenance, but I think I read that she still drinks a med-fast shake everyday. I found that interesting cause I often think that even when I make goal, I'll probably still use a few of the products. Especially the oatmeal and hot cocoa. Those are my faves :D

Ellen
mom23boys

Keeping it off

Postby Jan » January 1st, 2006, 1:58 pm

Yup,
You've figured it out. We all use some products every day to stay exactly where we want to be. Most of us were not breakfast eaters -- hmmmm-- that's part of the problem that got us here to start with -- so the oatmeal or a shake works great!! There is a whole program -- transistion and maintenance to help you out when you get to this point. As for now just keep on being very compliant.
We have several members who have lost about 100 pounds. Nancy herself parted with about 130 if I remember correctly. She is so cute and tiny now it is hard to remember what she used to weigh. Plus she has kept it off some time now -- so is our very own great example.
I also have another friend who has now lost a little over 100 pounds and is still going.
Look through the posts and you'll find lots and lots of people in the 50 - 100 pound category. It is a great program and I'm soooo happy you found it.
I'll be watching for you
jan
Jan
Preferred member

thanks!

Postby mom23boys » January 2nd, 2006, 8:18 am

Thank you, Jan for your support. And you're absolutely right! I was just reading through some of the posts--wow, they are so inspirational--and there are several people who have lost weight.

One of the reasons medifast excited me so much is because of the transition and mx program. I have done LD in the past and had absolutely no idea how to go back to food. Of course, it was a disaster. So I'm very grateful for this site ;)

Ellen
mom23boys

Inspiration

Postby forevertodds » January 2nd, 2006, 12:14 pm

I agree, the success stories are very inspirational!! When I start to think about cheating :bricks: , I often come here and read the stories of people who have acheived and reading how they love the way the feel, the way they look in the clothes :D (Leopard print bathing suits included). It really helps me get past the humps!!

Thanks Nancy for creating such a great site!!! :lol:
Kathy
Started 12.30.05
forevertodds

Postby DogMa » January 2nd, 2006, 8:01 pm

That's interesting about the breakfast thing. I've always been a HUGE fan of breakfast - if I ate nothing else all day, I've always had breakfast. I've actually had to adjust to eating so little in the morning.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » January 2nd, 2006, 8:14 pm

Hey, that People article is why I ended up seeking this board out!!! Isn't that funny that it is the first thing I see...

I am still researching, but I will be sure to read up and then ask any questions I might have

Good to see success stories
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Latoya702 » January 8th, 2006, 9:53 pm

I am actually 9 months pregnant right now, but that People magazine article helped me to find this forum also! I am excited to have my baby, and actually have a back up plan this time around. My son is 4 years old and I weighed a little bit more this time around at the beginning of my preganancy than I did with him.

I worked crazy hours after the birth of my first child (graveyard shifts, 11pm-7am) so my weight loss was very small after his birth.

After reading that people magazine article, I actually have some hope that I will be able to lose the little bit over 40 pounds that I have gained, plus the extra 30 I have been carrying around for years, during this pregnancy.
Latoya702

Postby Mommy2girls » January 9th, 2006, 4:06 pm

I have actually met the woman you are talking about in People. Nnedi is a wonderful lady, with a LOT to be proud of! She really does still use Medifast products daily (as a LOT of people who have lost and kept it off do) and she is really a super lady.
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

People article

Postby Susynne » January 12th, 2006, 7:48 am

I too read that article. By passing it on to my husband he is at last willing to diet off the 50+ lbs he needs to lose but has never wanted to admit to out loud. But he saw the costs and wanted to know why I chose the most exspensive one out there...when I asked if it was worth it for me to be who I need to be and once was he promptly explained that wasn't what he meant. I think their $ amount is inflated, I figured $200 to $250, but I could be wrong and don't really care, but it upsets me that people reading the article may get a wrong impression. However it was incredibly inspiring and I am looking forward to edition two, since they claim it is a 'double' edition, meaning two along the same lines I assume.
I think the husband may actually start medifast soon, he's still adjusting to the idea of ten crackers instead of a whole bag of chips, and a shake instead of a bigmeal with extra double cheeseburger, etc....but I hope eventually he'll see the light. I keep moving that magazine around so he has to see it regularly, sneaky aren't I? hehe.

Susynne
:rose: :rose: :rose:
Starving artist in Vermont
80lb to go
0 lost
started 01/01/06
Susynne
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Re: People article

Postby Nicki » January 12th, 2006, 7:52 pm

Susynne wrote: I keep moving that magazine around so he has to see it regularly, sneaky aren't I?

I cracked up when I saw that ... nothing like some good subliminal suggestion!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » January 12th, 2006, 8:26 pm

I have this magazine also and I hate the article on the medifast. While it shows her awesome results, it really does not do the program justice when describing it. Medifast is no longer a "liquid diet" like it was in the 80's. As we all know there are many many products that are not shakes and it makes it sound like slimfast to me. Also, on a futher page over it lists what she had on a regular day and it didn't cover ALL FIVE of her medifast meals + her lean and green because the other plans didn't have that much to eat!!! While I applaud People for including our miracle plan I wish it would have been an exclusive so the plan could have been better described. BUT........it's getting us out there and that's awesome too. Everytime I look at places like ediets and other websites that describe diet plans and compares them, I never see Medifast mentioned. We are still so young in the process of education where Medifast is concerned. But if the article will bring people HERE so we can describe the FULL plan I think it's incredible. And I do keep that magazine handy so I can look at those beautiful smiles on all the people.......men included :D
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Dayna » January 12th, 2006, 10:55 pm

That article brought me here, also. I'd never heard of Medifast, but the blurb in People got me curious, and when I checked out the plan on Medifast's website, I got very excited. But I agree, the cost they list is inflated - I think they said a four-week supply is in the $315 range, when in reality it was just $275 (shipping included!). I wonder how many other newbies floating across the forum found their way here through People?

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

People Mag lead me here

Postby LovenElvis » January 17th, 2006, 12:43 pm

I found out about Medifast through the People's magazine as well. I just happen to pick it up because of the stories.

I started looking into Medifast and found the corporate site, then I started digging further and found this site. I'm glad that I did, I would be getting the 5th week free :D

I'm still waiting on my order but it should be here soon ;)

Laura
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby cydj21 » January 17th, 2006, 9:15 pm

Put me in the ranks of those who learned of Medifast through People. Although I think I vaguely remember a reference in this summer's "Half Their Size" issue. In that issue there was a gentleman who I believe had lost 200+ pounds and they attributed it to a "strict diet studied at Johns Hopkins" or something to that affect but never called it out by name....I suppose it could be one and the same. :?:

All in all, I think that the People issue was good exposure even considering the small discrepencies in program description and costs. Think of how many lives it has changed already! :D

Like I said last week....next year, I want to be on the cover of People magazine! ;) :mrgreen:
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby chinadoll1965 » January 20th, 2006, 12:35 pm

{{{raising hand}}} The people magazine brought me here too.

Honestly, I didnt' think the cost was that much more than something like Slim-fast or jenny Craig.

I'm not quite sure what made me decide to try MF over the others, but so far (only been 1 day) I am glad I did.
235/227/140
chinadoll1965

Next

Return to The Weight Room