Medifast Changes the Bar Formulations

Meet Terry and Nancy.

Medifast Changes the Bar Formulations

Postby Nancy » October 25th, 2006, 9:55 pm

:byebye: Hullo, Everyone!

I just got my weekly update from Take Shape For Life and I want to share it with you.

Last week, Medifast introduced the new Beef Vegetable Stew and Vanilla Pudding. They are both very good and we have been enjoying them every day this week here at the old MakeMeThinner Cottage. :eat:

We like to add a teaspoon of the DaVinci Green Apple flavor Sugar-free syrup, a dash each of cinnamon and nutmeg to the 'Niller Puddin' Mix and stir until smooth. Then we stir in a crushed packet of the Medifast Apple Cinnamon Soy Crisps – awesome!

Although they taste like a dessert, the Medifast puddings are actually fortified Medifast Meals; each serving can be used any time of the day as one of the five Medifast Meal packets for people on the ‘5 & 1’ Program.

It is a great low calorie/low fat after school snack for kids; they can quickly prepare it themselves without wiping out the kitchen!
:secret: Ooh, I also tried it with a dibble dabble of lemon extract – pucker power! Shezzam!

:hmmm: Some of you may have noticed that there is a change in the bars.

There was quite a discussion going on about the Chocolate Divine and Lemon Bars in another post. Here’s a link to it in case you care to take a peek: http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-9682.html

:puter: From the computer desk of the Medifast/TSFL Home Office:

We are excited to announce that we are in the process of reformulating our bars to improve them; and the delicious new Medifast Chocolate Bar and new Oatmeal Raisin Bar are now being shipped in all orders. The Chocolate Bar is crunchy and has soy crispies in it, and the Oatmeal Raisin Bar tastes similar to an Oatmeal Raisin cookie with the delightful coating on it.

Medifast recently adjusted the recipes of the Medifast bars slightly to improve the overall taste and flavor. The recipe change has slightly affected the texture and size of the bars, so it is normal if your most recent shipment of bars looks and tastes a little different than what you've enjoyed previously.

We encourage your feedback on these new bars and hope that you enjoy these great tasting, new and improved bars!

In addition, we know many of you have had questions about the high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in our bars.

Medifast is committed to providing great tasting, healthy foods using only the highest quality ingredients. Therefore, as noted above, Medifast is currently working to reformulate its line of Medifast bars to provide a better source of carbohydrate and will be removing High Fructose Corn Syrup.

While the current bars have only a very minimal amount of HFCS and no trans fat, the new bars will contain no HFCS, no trans fat, will be slightly lower in total carbohydrate and will also have more protein and fiber.

These new bars will be available sometime after the first of the year.”

MMT Peeps, Please know that the chemist, nutritionist, and researchers along with Dr. Andersen and other Medifast corporate people have been working together to bring us quality food products that help us to manage our weight and keep our diabetes in check.

Medifast uses only the finest of ingredients – they are well known for their premier nutritional products.

Although we live in a nano-age and things seem to occur at warp-speed, we need to keep some things in mind.

It takes time to secure the ingredients, to make the necessary changes in the manufacturing processing of the food, occasionally make changes at the plant itself in terms of equipment for the mixing and pouring of the ingredients, to taste-test the food and make revisions, to print the labels, wrap the products, etc.

There's a big ol' squash growing in my garden and he's been at it all spring, summer and fall; the oak tree across the street has been goin' at it a lot longer than my squash and they serve to remind me that quality takes time! Healthy fast food takes time to produce - it does not happen in a week. Thank you Medifast/Take Shape for bringing us food that's good for us and tastes good, too!

There you have it MakeMeThinner Folks, the latest Medi-news.

I for one am grateful for the number of food choices we have – I’m gonna end with this because I think it sums it up nicely - from one of our male clients who has lost 130+ pounds, “it’s hard to feel deprived when you get to drink a milk shake a couple times a day, eat a candy bar and have a nice plate of grilled chicken and vegetables. I get to eat every three hours and lose weight, too! I love this program!”
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby 2getskinny » October 27th, 2006, 3:09 pm

Do you think they will ever make the Bannana Shakes in the RTD boxes? I WOULD love that!!!!!!! :)
2getskinny
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » October 27th, 2006, 8:01 pm

Hey there, 2Gets ~

I surely hope so! :yay: Banana is a great flavor and next to Chocolate, I like it best.

We recently suggested that they include more RTD flavors - yup, you guessed it, Nanner was on the list.

I think it would be perfect for kids also. :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:

:secret: FYI, Medifast always likes to hear flavor and food suggestions from its clients. :puter: Send your suggestions to marketing at TSFL dot com
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Serendipity » January 12th, 2007, 3:25 pm

Ok, so I got the new lemon bars and tried one today...... :?

If the lemon fantasy was a 10, the lemon yogurt is a 5 or 6. I'll probably buy them again, but I can definately see why they removed "fantasy" from the name. :x

I'm confused, too. I thought I was ordering "Lemon crunch", but the name on the box is "lemon yogurt"......what's up w/that?
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Nancy » January 12th, 2007, 6:50 pm

Hullo, Jo with the awesome bod ~

I wish I could give you a good explanation about the name of the Lemon Bars. I dunno.

Over the years the name has changed somewhat.
They have been known as Lemon Crunch, Lemon Fantasy, Crunchy Lemon Fantasy, Lemon Fantasy Yogurt.
:hmmm: I just call them Lemon Bars.

They are crunchy and they have a yogurt coating.

:scratchhead: Somehow I've never associated the word 'fantasy' with a food item. I guess I fantasize about things other than food. :oops:

Now what to do about the Lemon Bars? :huh:

I just don’t know what to say.

The recently released Chocolate Bars are very different from the original Chocolate Divine formula and I had always enjoyed their fudgyness; they were deeply chocolatey, rich and satisfying. Now that we’ve gone through several boxes of the reformulated Chocolate Bars, we really like them. The former Divines remain a pleasant memory that helped me stay on track. The new Chocolate Bars fulfill the need for me to have a convenient meal and they are healthier than the predecessor bars.

:pet: I'm sorry the new formula taste disappoints you. What is it that you miss about the :eat: taste of former formulation?
Maybe I should ask, what is it about the newbies that you do not prefer?
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Serendipity » January 12th, 2007, 8:19 pm

hmmmmm, The old bars were more tart and the consistancy was nicer. It could be that I'm just not used to the new and when the old become a distant memory, I'll stop comparing and enjoy.

Tomorrow, I'll try the new oatmeal raisin bars and enter my critique.
jo
Serendipity

Postby Nancy » January 12th, 2007, 8:32 pm

Speaking of tart, did you ever experience little soury bits in the Lemon Bars that were like a Sweet Tart?

Every once in a while, my tongue would locate a sourball lurking under my tongue.

Zowie! it was pucker power when I crushed it!
Loved it!

I think the oatmeal bars taste similar to an oatmeal raisin cookie; they have a little crunch/chew about 'em. Okay, Jo, we await your description and your bar report!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Diana » January 13th, 2007, 12:01 pm

Actually, I really like the new lemon bars. I LOVED the old ones once I got used to them, so I was ready for zing and zow when I openned one of the new ones. At first, I was disappointed. But then I realized this was what I was hoping for in the first place!

Right now, though, I can't get enough of the reformulated Oatmeal Raisin bars!!

And the chocolate bars -- my favorite way to eat them is to microwave them for a number of seconds and then use a spoon. Reminds me of fondu.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Mike » January 13th, 2007, 12:55 pm

And then there is me....
I actually like the new lemon to the old lemon. I'm not the biggest lemon fan and I find that the new "milder" lemon tastes better to me.
When making a decision on what bar to take with me it used to be a no brainer (never lemon). Now I get conflicted.... chocolate, chocolate mint, caramel nut, oatmeal raisin, lemon... geez.... so many yummy choices.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Karli » January 13th, 2007, 1:05 pm

Diana wrote:And the chocolate bars -- my favorite way to eat them is to microwave them for a number of seconds and then use a spoon. Reminds me of fondu.

ooooohhhhh... what a great idea ! I had heard of it for the oatmeal rainsin but hadn't even considered it for the chocos. Maybe tomorrow :).

Thanks Di :).

Karli
Karli

Postby Nancy » January 13th, 2007, 3:46 pm

Oh, yeah and try the S'more in the nuclear box, too! :mrgreen:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Serendipity » January 13th, 2007, 5:08 pm

Tried the new oatmeal raisin today and was quite pleased. It's not alot different from the old recipe and I think it's actually a bit more chewy.

If the lemon fantasy was a 10,

Oatmeal raisin, old recipe - 8
Oatmeal raisin, new recipe - 9
Lemon bar, new recipe - 6, but hopefully it'll grow on me.

Tomorrow, I try the new choco bars, I'll let ya know.
jo
Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » January 15th, 2007, 10:20 am

Now, the choco bars. Hmmmmm, they are so different from the old formula, FYI for those of you that haven't tried them yet.

I really liked the old recipe. The new recipe is more like a granola bar....pretty crunchy. I like it, too, but I'll miss the old. The chocolate is more chocolaty in the new one.

Old choco bar - 7.5
New choco bar - 7.5

Just different.
jo
Serendipity

Postby ladyhawke » January 15th, 2007, 5:02 pm

Ok before I place my order with Bonnie do we like the new Chocolate Divine bars or not?

I loved the old ones they reminded me of flourless choc cake.
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mike » January 15th, 2007, 5:45 pm

The new chocolate bars are very different from the old ones. The old ones were more like brownies. These are more like heavy crispy rice bars that are chewy.
I prefer these. Also, got my shipment today and it had the new Chocolate mint. Same as the new chocolate with a bit of a mint flavor to them.

So, if you like chewy crispy rice with chocolate, you will like these.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Next

Return to A Message from your Hosts