Bar question

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Bar question

Postby LilMsTexas » March 23rd, 2005, 10:14 am

Is there is a difference with the S'More Granola Bar and the Oatmeal Raisin bars between them and the others on the program? They are listed separately and ship separately and are described differently. I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooove them and just ordered more boxes. I wanted to make sure I hadn't ordered something that shouldn't be in my weight LOSS phase. I know to only eat one a day...I just want to make sure these are meant to be for maintenance or if they have more of something than the others. I sure hope not.....I will be very sad at lunch time without them :cry:

CHEERS!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bk » March 23rd, 2005, 10:27 am

The difference between the smores & oatmeal raisin is that the first is granola and the second is a coated bar. You can certainly have them during your weightloss phase, except only one per day, as you already know!! Some people are sensitive to them (makes them hungry, stalls loss), so if you experience that later on down the road, try cutting them out and see if it changes anything. Otherwise, keep on enjoying your bar!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Kauket » March 23rd, 2005, 11:04 am

Raising my hand as one of the ones that can't eat them. :( I've got a box of chocolate divine sitting there mocking me but I know if I open them I'll want to finish them. :(
Began 2/16/05
253/228/??
Kauket
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » March 23rd, 2005, 11:23 am

Kauket, have you tried taking just one bar with you when you are going someplace where you won't have access to the rest of the box for the rest of the day? Like taking one bar to work and having it in the late morning? Or I've been known to take a bar with me for my mall-shopping or other errand-running on the weekends, and to eat it there when I'm hungry. Then yeah, I might want another one, but it's not possible, and by the time I get home hours later that craving is gone.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby doglover » March 23rd, 2005, 12:21 pm

I am a bar fiend too. I do the same thing you suggested, 24k, I bring them in the car w/ me (I travel locally a lot for my job) and have them as my mid-morning meal. Then I can't have another, and another, and another..... because they are not available! I really like them though. It's like cheating. I plan to use them for the rest of my life. Excellent snack. Once I'm done losing weight I MAY even share them with my kids, but we'll see ;)
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » March 23rd, 2005, 12:47 pm

doglover wrote:Once I'm done losing weight I MAY even share them with my kids, but we'll see ;)
Donna
Heh. I just ordered a whole case of S'mores for my teens, because they love them. They have a tendency to skip breakfast, running out the door on their way to school, so I've been working on getting them to take one with them when they go and eat it on the way. Seems to be working. Thank goodness for case discounts and autoship!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby scrabbler7 » March 23rd, 2005, 2:53 pm

mmm - the Oatmeal Raisin's are my FAVORITE!!! Love them.

The 'smores are okay, but those oatmeal ones are such a great breakfast on the go!!!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby doglover » March 23rd, 2005, 3:43 pm

What a great idea 24k for the breakfast! My kids (12 and 9) are still young enough to eat breakfast in the morning but I sure remember high school days - breakfast was no way a part of my life. I am sure hoping I am teaching my kids differently, especially as they see me struggle w/ weight. I am trying hard to not look obsessive to my pre-teen daughter (don't want to instill any body image thing in her) but at the same time be concerned w/ health and nutrition.

I am always so proud that my children never eat canned food, don't get fast food, have NO idea what a suzie-Q or ho-ho is! So far this is paying off! But anyway....see how quickly I stray...your idea is so great to use these foods in their daily eating. My kids, like all kids, need to eat after school. I was thinking about ordering some stuff for them to have. Any other suggestions out there on some foods the kids like? I see there is a Fit Kids program. I will look into that too!

Ok I guess I feel like chatting! :puter: I think I am PMS-ing BIG time as I am bone dead tired and SO unmotivated to do one thing! My belly feels bloated! We have company coming tomorrow and I really need to work on this house! Off to it!

Happy shakin' :exercise:
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Kauket » March 23rd, 2005, 5:12 pm

24k - I'm a stay at home mom, so I get to listen to those bars call me all day long. :) I do, however, take my shaker jar and a shake packet with me whenever I leave the house. I figure you can ALWAYS find some water somewhere.

Right now the box is sealed, and unlike the other MF foods, once they're unsealed, you can't reseal them.. so that helps with not eating them... I know if I break down and open it, then I've opened pandora's box. I do, however, think they're an excellent source of stuff when you're on the go and that's why I have that unopened box. "Just in case"

I was never a breakfast person either. In fact I don't like most breakfast foods.

Oh well. Dh has promised we're going to go look at easter dresses for the girls tonight. Wish us luck. :)
Began 2/16/05
253/228/??
Kauket
Regular Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss